Camera quality lower than rom Global

João Carlos

Members
Jan 15, 2018
I tested and compared the camera with the Global version 9.6.2. The camera in the global rom has proven superior, and the improvement in low light works right, unlike the Xiaomi.eu that seems to stay connected constantly making them blurry, both day and night, stable is the same thing.

Xiaomi.eu Miui 10 8.8.9
IMG_20180818_121051.jpg

Global 9.6.2
IMG_20180818_121123.jpg

If you notice, you will see that in the Global version it is sharper, richer in detail.

Xiaomi.eu
IMG_20180818_122248.jpg

Global 9.6.2
IMG_20180818_122230.jpg

I used the same camera setup in both versions, including the low light enhancement are also linked in both.

Reactions: flomar
The JPEG quality of photos is set to 85% - checked it with DevCheck. You can try to set it to 100% to see if there is any difference. I have not tried it myself and it may cause problems.

Reactions: João Carlos
The JPEG quality of photos is set to 85% - checked it with DevCheck. You can try to set it to 100% to see if there is any difference. I have not tried it myself and it may cause problems.
It's an option ..

A question without opening a new thread: AI option is camera app for Mi Note 3 is not available. Wasn't it supposed to be available for all devices since last week or two weeks ago update?

I am not completely sure what the problem is. The images lack detail and often have some motion blur, which I hardly ever had with the camera in MIUI 9. In good light, the images are comparable, though. So, I have the impression that the camera in MIUI 10 uses longer exposure times than in MIUI 9, or that the image stabilization doesn't work as well. Most probably the first, as also in images with motion blur there are often regions that are sharp and unblurred - which wouldn't happen if the image stabilization was the main problem.
It would be great to have the MIUI 9 camera ported to MIUI 10, but I don't think this is possible.

I am not completely sure what the problem is. The images lack detail and often have some motion blur, which I hardly ever had with the camera in MIUI 9. In good light, the images are comparable, though. So, I have the impression that the camera in MIUI 10 uses longer exposure times than in MIUI 9, or that the image stabilization doesn't work as well. Most probably the first, as also in images with motion blur there are often regions that are sharp and unblurred - which wouldn't happen if the image stabilization was the main problem.
It would be great to have the MIUI 9 camera ported to MIUI 10, but I don't think this is possible.
The images r too "smooth", "beautified".
Dont know what happened with the dev team

For now, always resort to HDR even for sharpness and noise reduction. They still have quite some time before stable release (was it september or october?), but even so just let the devs work. Software development is not a measureable work, only estimateable at best (read: it can be even later than promised).

For now, always resort to HDR even for sharpness and noise reduction. They still have quite some time before stable release (was it september or october?), but even so just let the devs work. Software development is not a measureable work, only estimateable at best (read: it can be even later than promised).

While I agree in principle, I totally wonder why developers mess with something that is already perfect (like the camera app of MIUI 9 on jason), and then, on the other hand, do not fix bugs that are lingering in the ROM for many versions. Why not use the old camera app also for MIUI 10 - there's no need to re-invent the wheel.

While I agree in principle, I totally wonder why developers mess with something that is already perfect (like the camera app of MIUI 9 on jason), and then, on the other hand, do not fix bugs that are lingering in the ROM for many versions. Why not use the old camera app also for MIUI 10 - there's no need to re-invent the wheel.
I agree

Well... I can't say much as there's no single principle to follow as every development team has their own plan, schedule, whatever. But as a developer my self, I can give some insights. Outsiders can only guess, but I think the answer is weekly dev ROM was never considered stable (otherwise, what would stable version be for?) so this is their land of chance to try something radical, like changing crucial codebase that might break existing features. The fact that sometimes it gets suspended due to build problems shows that it's not well tested (if tested at all).

Changes are not always visible to users, code consolidation for instance. Looking at their current progress where feature parity between devices vary a lot, I believe the current MIUI camera codebase is cumbersome, not modular enough, not portable enough, in a sense that for every new device, they must write many similar code again (a good one requires only changes in data instead of code). They might want to fix that with MIUI 10, along with other improvements and bug fixing.

One last thing, there's no perfect software, everything evolves every second. Dropping the "perfect" camera app might look like a stepback, but if it's for a huge jump ahead, I think it's worth taking the risk. We often do that, as old code, despite looking perfect, might reach its end of life soon due to poor design or not future proof decision without the users noticing.

I installed the version miui.eu 9.5.8 stable, and I realized that the camera is perfect too, as in the global version of the photo, but when I installed version 9.5.10, to my surprise, it was exactly as it is in the current beta version, without details and blurry. It seems to me that the problem is older than I thought and did not start in miui 10 ...

Someone know how to set the quality to 100%?
64e551dbfc790a1b8bc6b9f08a37217e.jpg

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk
I do not know bro, but I think it would make little difference, I already tested on the other roms like 9.5.8 or 9.6.2 and all are 85%, but with the quality much higher than the roms beta miui 10 and in particular, the 9.5 .10. I do not know if it's because it's in the beta, but mi note 3's camera is bad since rom miui.eu 9.5.10 (maybe in Chinese too, since it's based on it, but I have not tried it) ...

I installed the new rom stable miui.eu 10.0.2 and the camera remains low quality, I'm starting to get scared rsr, it has not changed anything compared to beta, I'm still waiting ...

I installed the new rom stable miui.eu 10.0.2 and the camera remains low quality, I'm starting to get scared rsr, it has not changed anything compared to beta, I'm still waiting ...
same here... THIS IS A STABLE VERSION BASED ON CHINA STABLE... SO, WHY ? WHY XIAOMI WHY ??? ops caps.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr lol