Camera2 API on Oreo (Miui10) is possible?

I'm using 10.0.5, Wich is Android 8.1 and I tried many cameras, including the one @Divet mentioned. That one is for my Android version, right?
I'm using 10.0.5, Wich is Android 8.1 and I tried many cameras, including the one @Divet mentioned. That one is for my Android version, right?
I mention one of my cases. I use the root Explorer a lot and sometimes (I play too much on the system) I do not have root permissions, I can not mount r / w on r / o. and the modules are not installed correctly. I of the module Jason.all.in.one_minimal_hevc-v2.3.zip I extract the library libmmcamera_jason_s5k3p8sp_sunny.so (it is the one that makes the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* work) since this library weighs 1.08mb. I put it manually and after restarting I see what weighs 0mb. and the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* does not work.
1- solution to uninstall the module and everything related to 2api. (GCam_FIXPORTRAIT_HDR_JASON.zip, Activation-*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*-Front + HDR.zip, canara2Api.zip, etc.)
2- reinstall rom in dirty + dalvik / cahe, cache.
3- magisk reinstall
4- Follow post n ° 92
5- *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works.

I use versions both published this week and versions of the beginning of the year downloaded in Android 7. And I almost all work without problems. the old versions based on Android 7 works the slow motion. I also work the camera lena in 4k the stock. Thing that in Android 7 if we had the slow motion in the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* we could not record more than 720p in the stock.

10.05 EU stable ?

Послато са Mi Note 3 уз помоћ Тапатока

Yes, xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote3_V10.0.5.0.OCHCNFH_v10-8.1 .zip
I mention one of my cases. I use the root Explorer a lot and sometimes (I play too much on the system) I do not have root permissions, I can not mount r / w on r / o. and the modules are not installed correctly. I of the module Jason.all.in.one_minimal_hevc-v2.3.zip I extract the library libmmcamera_jason_s5k3p8sp_sunny.so (it is the one that makes the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* work) since this library weighs 1.08mb. I put it manually and after restarting I see what weighs 0mb. and the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* does not work.
1- solution to uninstall the module and everything related to 2api. (GCam_FIXPORTRAIT_HDR_JASON.zip, Activation-*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*-Front + HDR.zip, canara2Api.zip, etc.)
3- magisk reinstall
4- Follow post n ° 92
Mine does weight 1,08MB. Nevertheless I will try that, thanks :)

3- magisk reinstall
4- Follow post n ° 92

Dirty flashed and followed post 92.

It works now, many thanks :)

Reactions: Divet
hi guys, have you tried if camera2 API also work on the new stable china version leaked a few days ago? the version is V10.2.3.0.OCHCNFK

thanks

10.2.3.0 need enable API2 in build.prop but *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* force close when open app , sometime can open

I switch to eu 10.0.5.0 stable, just modify build.prop and camera2 api works.
Arnova8G2 's Pixel2Mod 6.1 app works.

I switch to eu 10.0.5.0 stable, just modify build.prop and camera2 api works.
Arnova8G2 's Pixel2Mod 6.1 app works.
thanks, this we already know ... I'm interested in more feedback on the stable 10.2.3.0 china version (eu rom not out yet...)

Downloading right now latest eu stable and will test it . Dont think api works but we will se if we can fins some kind of fix.

Reactions: werty
Hi, check the official LineageOs release changes - Xiaomi has changed something with OIS in 10.2.3.0 so the camera blobs need to be hacked in order Camera2api to work. https://review.lineageos.org/236940
Ah, damn. Why do they have to do such a thing... front camera with Pixel3Mod is so much better than MIUI camera. I hope EU can integrate this modded blob. I can live without OIS/EIS as I have proper gimbal lying around, but I can't live with subpar image quality.

Ok so it works with a bit of work-around . First you will need file that you will replace in vendor/libs/hw after that you add persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 and after that front camera fix . For me i tested 3 build of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* all works now I just need to find best one for me.

P.S. I dont know if i may or may not attach here this files but if you want them just join telegram mi note 3 group there are all the files.

Ok so it works with a bit of work-around . First you will need file that you will replace in vendor/libs/hw after that you add persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 and after that front camera fix . For me i tested 3 build of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* all works now I just need to find best one for me.

P.S. I dont know if i may or may not attach here this files but if you want them just join telegram mi note 3 group there are all the files.
Glad to hear it still works even with hacks. Please attach the files here or host somewhere easily accessible, telegram is too noisy for me.

Front camera for mi note 3
To all of you that have flashed the front camera fixes from dimi89's post and you still cant get your front camera working try this

1. Install MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d_TlnNeun_2.apk or try on a camera app you have already installed

2. Go to Settings>Advanced>Base>Config> choose Pixel2017 HW Zsl Hdr Intent or any other that says (need YUV)

3. Underneath choose Pixel 3 XL for back camera model and Nexus 6P for front camera model.
This should do it

Front camera for mi note 3
To all of you that have flashed the front camera fixes from dimi89's post and you still cant get your front camera working try this

1. Install MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.3d_TlnNeun_2.apk or try on a camera app you have already installed

2. Go to Settings>Advanced>Base>Config> choose Pixel2017 HW Zsl Hdr Intent or any other that says (need YUV)

3. Underneath choose Pixel 3 XL for back camera model and Nexus 6P for front camera model.
This should do it

Thank you , it's work.

I'm in the last xiaomi.eu Beta (9.2.14), *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works following these steps from the xda thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-3/how-to/google-camera-how-to-mi-note-3-t3757049

1. Install Magisk and a Root explorer
2. Download "camera.sdm660.so" from the xda thread, and replace it in vendor/lib/hw
3. Open build.prop and edit it, add the line: persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1
4. Reboot
5. Download "GCAM_FIXPORTRAIT..." And flash this module in magisk
6. Reboot
7. I use "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk", it works really well, with HDR+ enchanced and portrait mode, even slow motion.
8. Stock cam works perfectly

If someone uses this method and other versions of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* that work well, please tell me!

I'm in the last xiaomi.eu Beta (9.2.14), *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* works following these steps from the xda thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-3/how-to/google-camera-how-to-mi-note-3-t3757049

2. Download "camera.sdm660.so" from the xda thread, and replace it in vendor/lib/hw
4. Reboot
6. Reboot
7. I use "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk", it works really well, with HDR+ enchanced and portrait mode, even slow motion.

If someone uses this method and other versions of *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* that work well, please tell me!

yes it works in the last 2 weekly rom but I have installed a simple module with magisk (which does all the operations you described automatically) if anyone is interested I put the link here: https://mega.nz/#!SQZV3KRT!YBJURKnQHzeU1Q8xf9oLdbrtXpqRwJ7BGKBUYf1KvJs

the *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* that work are many, try some of them and choose what you like ... bye guys!

Reactions: Eloio

4. Reboot
6. Reboot

EDIT: I have a bug when shooting with HDR+ or portrait mode, sometimes it doesn't make the photos. Changing persist.camera.dxo value from 1 to 0 in build.prop seems to have solved it.

4. Reboot
6. Reboot

I did exactly as you said but it doesn't work. Camera just stops working after these steps, i cant even use stock camera.

Reactions: Eloio
I did exactly as you said but it doesn't work. Camera just stops working after these steps, i cant even use stock camera.

Okay, I've just tried it again (in version 9.1.24) and I had the same error. Just check in vendor/lib/hw, when you replace the file "camerasdm660.so", that the permissions of the replaced file are the same of the other files in the folder. (I think r-r-r).

The last time I used Solid Explorer and I didnt have the problem. Now I've used Root Browser and the permissions of the file changed when replacing it with the new one. (To change permissions with Root Browser, long click to the file - propierties - permissions)

I hope that can help!