Cannot Change Locale, Firmware Version, Music Player Notification

CalVert11

Members
Jan 5, 2016
Hi,

I just bought a Redmi note 2 and I found out that I couldn't change the locale to USA. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Besides, my phone is having this version of MIUI : 7.00.66.00(LHMCNCI). I believe the "CN" represents China/chinese and its cpu is a Octa-core 2.0Ghz. Is there a way to switch it to global version? Is there a newer version of the firmware?

Lastly, the music player keeps showing itself at the notification section. How to get rid of it? I think it will consumes a lot of battery power and I wish to stop that.

I hope there is someone that will help me out. Thank you.

Hi,

I just bought a Redmi note 2 and I found out that I couldn't change the locale to USA. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Besides, my phone is having this version of MIUI : 7.00.66.00(LHMCNCI). I believe the "CN" represents China/chinese and its cpu is a Octa-core 2.0Ghz. Is there a way to switch it to global version? Is there a newer version of the firmware?

Lastly, the music player keeps showing itself at the notification section. How to get rid of it? I think it will consumes a lot of battery power and I wish to stop that.

I hope there is someone that will help me out. Thank you.
install our ROM...

I help you to explain the situation.

Miui are available from 2 (or more) sources:
- Directly from en.miui.com it's the official site and support china/global and stable/development version, but not supported all languages available.
- Xiaomi.eu (this community) support the ppl (instead miui.com support the economy) and create a global/development version with all available languages plus internal features (please don't ask, try it!).

If you want a suggestion use all times our rom because more supported and in the end working much better xD

You should look for files containing "hermes" in the name, which is the codename of our device.
The last available is 7.0.8 but 7.1 should be on the way so it should be worth waiting.
You should take a backup of your data because you'll have to wipe cache+dalvik+data.
For flashing install TWRP using the stock recovery, then install the ROM using TWRP.

EDIT:
7.1 is now available
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24352994023706866

Last edited:
Reactions: Namaless