Can't edit build prop.

nikitos2323

Members
Nov 13, 2020
Hi guys, I'm trying to edit the build prop for my redmi but it doesn't change even though the phone boots up and works fine. What I did: I tried to edit system / build.prop, and change ro.product.mod_device with ro.build.fingerprint to:
Code:
ro.product.mod_device=cezanne_global
ro.build.fingerprint=Redmi/cezanne/cezanne:10/QP1A.190711.020/V12.0.18.0.QJNCNXM:user/release-keys

Also together with system build.prop I tried to edit: system_ext / build.prop; vendor / build.prop; vendor / odm / etc / build.prop; product / build.prop on the lines ro.'partition name'.build.fingerprint. I checked the changes using the magisk module and also tried to import it directly into the firmware. No result. What's my mistake? I also note that through the magisk module system.prop everything is perfectly edited with two lines.

Why do you need this if everything works with the module? I want it to work out of the box, without installing additional modules

Android 10 and Android 11 btw

Hello,

AFAIK you can not modify any file/folder in the /system partition for all recent devices, shipped with Android 10 (or more) because of the new dynamic partitioning system:

TeamWin said:
Android 10 also introduces a new dynamic partitioning system. Instead of having a dedicated system partition and a dedicated vendor partition, etc. Android 10 uses a super partition. I like to think of the super partition as a partition that contains a bunch of smaller partitions. One of the side effects of this dynamic partition system is that Google has chosen to use a form of the ext4 file system that is for all intents and purposes, read-only. This choice means that even if you wanted to, you can't easily mount and modify the system partition. We haven't really discussed this with other developers yet, but it may impact your ability to do things like install Gapps. In addition, the dynamic partition model means that eventually, we should probably provide you, the user, some GUI driven tools in TWRP to allow you to manage the dynamic partitions that are on the super partition.

Source:

Hello,

AFAIK you can not modify any file/folder in the /system partition for all recent devices, shipped with Android 10 (or more) because of the new dynamic partitioning system:

Source:
yes, I understand that dynamic partitions, therefore, I edit not directly, but through magisk modules or through a complete assembly of the system. but how then do xiaomi eu edit the build prop in their builds? scripts, but even without them, you can probably edit the build prop?

If what I want is impossible, then how can I make a script that changes these two lines and embed it in the installation zip?

We rebuilt the partition images, so we can do any changes we want. You can't make any changes once you flashed them...
But how does mod_device = model_global work for you? I also parse the sections, then collect them through uka, but for some reason adding global does not change anything, just like changing the fingerprint. maybe there are some additional dependencies on these parameters or is something loaded earlier than my edited build.prop from the system section?

But how does mod_device = model_global work for you? I also parse the sections, then collect them through uka, but for some reason adding global does not change anything, just like changing the fingerprint. maybe there are some additional dependencies on these parameters or is something loaded earlier than my edited build.prop from the system section?
you should not touch it in our ROM at all.. specially if you have no idea what you are doing..