Can't update from MIUI13 to 14 in TWRP - Files are encrypted but TRWP doesn't ask for password to decrypt them

whatatyphoon

Members
Jun 2, 2022
Hey guys!

I wanted to update from the Xiaomi.eu MIUI13-Stable-ROM to the new MIUI14 Stable. I downloaded the ROM and put it in my Downloads folder. But when I reboot to recovery to install it I can't find the download-folder, any other folder is empty and it shows the internal storage as "0". I guess it's because the data is encryped, as the system in the updater-settings even tells me I have to enter a password to decrypt it. But TWRP is never asking for a password. I even tried changing the screen lock method to nothing, password-only or pattern-only, but the problem persists.

Does anyone know a solution? Would be great if I don't have to format my device, but if it's the only way then what can I do. TWRP is up-to-date, downloaded the latest img. from here. My phone is Mi11 Ultra.

Thanks!

Reactions: hasan41
Hi
Same here. TWRP is not asking for PIN to encrypt.
So i can not update my Redmi note 9 joyuse from 13.02 to 13.04.
I installed TWRP from link (joyuse of curse)
Any ideas?
Thanks...

Hi
Any ideas?
Thanks...
My problem was the wrong TWRP-version. I had the correct one for my model, but not for my Android version, I downloaded the one for Android 12 and not 13. What I did was reinstalling the correct version via fastboot and then everything worked.

Hi
Any ideas?
Thanks...
From what link exactly? Here are three different recoveries, try the latest one first, then the other two if necessary: https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/joyeuse/

If none of those work, you can always update using fastboot because 13.0.4.0 is a hybrid rom.