Change dialer with google dialer, is it possible?

Paolo83

Members
May 21, 2021
Hi friends,
a question: if i install the google dialer and next I disable with "pm uninstall -k --user 0..." the "stock" dialer, can i get a problems?
I like the google dialer for its antispam filter
If it is not possibile, i keep the stock xiaomi.eu dialer :)
thanks

Why the hell would you do all that? You don't need to "pm uninstall" anything...
Just go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (menu icon) -> Default apps, and set "Dial" app to Google's Phone app.
Also make sure that "Get device info" permission is set to "Always allow" for the app.

Why the hell would you do all that? You don't need to "pm uninstall" anything...
Just go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> (menu icon) -> Default apps, and set "Dial" app to Google's Phone app.
Also make sure that "Get device info" permission is set to "Always allow" for the app.
if you set the google dialer as standard app for calls the calling screen is still from miui and that is most important for me to change because google dialer shows much more infos for callers which are not saved in my contact list ;)

if you set the google dialer as standard app for calls the calling screen is still from miui and that is most important for me to change because google dialer shows much more infos for callers which are not saved in my contact list ;)
That means you did not give the required permission like I described...

Reactions: drherdman