Change From Pt-pt To Pt-br

Hitardo

Members
Jun 21, 2014
Hello,

I am a Portuguese user of the Xiaomi.eu ROM on my Redmi 1S.

And I want to ask why the change from PT-PT to PT-BR?
This change occur from v45 to v47 ROM.

For those who do not know, the Portuguese language has its own variants, from the countries Portugal discovered and conquered around the World, when we were the most powerful country in the World, and our Navy ruled the Oceans.
Due to the countries diversity and origins, the Portuguese language evolved and is different from country to country.
The most noticeable difference being from Portugal and Brazil.

This change not only makes the UI on the ROM strange to some users (like the use of "tela" when it should be used "ecrã", to refer to "screen"), but also - and most important - makes all applications adopt the Brazilian Portuguese as the main language.
An example is the facebook application.

You might say: "the facebook app has a butoon to change the language".
I respond: yes it does have, but it does not work properly.

I want to know why this change occurred?
And if the switch back is going to be made?

I am willing to make a Portuguese from Portugal version!

All the best.

Im work only in V6 and i can tell you is 99,99% translated to portuguese from Portugal.
Some words like you say `` tela´´ dont exist in V6 rom.
If you want to translate to portuguese some version of Miui i can help you and tell you how to do it.

Regards.

@Efex I am very glad to know that.
And, as MIUI V6 is really close to get released for Redmi 1S, I think V5 do not deserve the time and effort.

Relating to your offer, I am willing to help in translating to Portuguese of Portugal.
How can I help?
And how is your collaboration work?

We have to talk with ingbrzy to give you the brasilian repository and trasform to portuguese.
I think this is the faster and easy way. ( just change the form of phrase )
Unless you prefer to whait for a few time to see if they release V6 to your device..
Try to send a message to ingbrzy and they gives you the tópics to make that job.
Is necessary pacience and a litle time,

We have to talk with ingbrzy to give you the brasilian repository and trasform to portuguese.
I think this is the faster and easy way. ( just change the form of phrase )
Unless you prefer to whait for a few time to see if they release V6 to your device..
Try to send a message to ingbrzy and they gives you the tópics to make that job.
Is necessary pacience and a litle time,
Thank you.

Yes, I will talk to him.