Changing the default sound when locking

The Batman

Members
Mar 3, 2011
Hey everyone in the MIUI universe,

My question, as noted in the subject heading, is involving the lock on the MIUI rom.

For example, when you go to Settings, we are able to turn on the sound so that when we lock our phones it makes a default "Click" noise.

Because I love the way that the new lock animation works, I would love to implement a different locking sound that would better fit the animation.

Does anyone out there have any ideas how to do this, if at all pissible?

Thanks again in advance for reading and responding.

The Batman
HTC Evo
unrEVOked
MIUI V1.3.25

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

That would be cool, a matching sound for the screen off animation... maybe the sound of a tv switching off... :) those CRT screen made a little crackling noise and would click when turned off.

/system/media/audio/ui

Two files, named "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg".

So ZeroBarrier, whatever sound file that I would want to use it would just have to rename them as the files you mentioned?

So ZeroBarrier, whatever sound file that I would want to use it would just have to rename them as the files you mentioned?

I am not ZeroBarrier, but yes. That is exactly what you do. Then drop the renamed files into that exact same folder. :)

I am not ZeroBarrier, but yes. That is exactly what you do. Then drop the renamed files into that exact same folder. :)

Thanks guys. And sorry about calling you ZeroBarrier, but on my cell that's how your name shows on the post.

Hi guys. I'm trying to do the same thing, but I can't. I tried accessing the phone through android commander, but it doesn't work (Mi2 device not really recognized in windows and the drivers I installed (MiFlash) didn't work).
Then I tried accessing the files through ESFile explorer. I can see and copy the files, but the system won't allow me to replace or rename them...
How do you do that?
Cheers