CM Unofficial cm11 based on M1cha kernel

Torro Rosso

Members
Oct 2, 2013
In this thread I want to share my work with you..
This is a rom, compiled with Linaro gcc 4.7.4 toolchain.
It`s based on latest M1cha source codes (kernel, device tree, proprietary) and latest cm source.
I hope what you will test it and try!
Also, I need your help, I don`t know, how to fix linaro gcc 4.8 compilation, and how to apply better optimisations( I mean, for example in this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2359249, i don`t know, what is -O 3 optimizations, what is CFLAG, what is Linaro bionic)
I will be very glad, if someone gives me any advice for new features for optimising!)

Lots of thanks to M1cha and Linuxx users! Thank you!
You can download my work at dropbox

O3 is a higher optimization level but according to linus torvalds it's too aggressive and could break things.
But some custom kernels still use it. Dunno who is right :D

I think it's not bad :)
TorroRosso, thx for your great work!
O3 is a higher optimization level but according to linus torvalds it's too aggressive and could break things.
But some custom kernels still use it. Dunno who is right :D
I think linaro 4.8 optimization it's good idea. We need your help :)

Today I got 10,5 hrs with 3,5 hrs screen time. I had 10% battery life left when I plugged in the charger. That is not very good battery life but on the other hand, the performance is just great. No lag anywhere.

Last edited:
Just tried it, everything works just fine
Great work from you Torro Rosso, Thanks buddy

@doomedahab do you have any wakeloks? you configured the governor? Anyway, hoping that Torro rosso continues to improve it with varius flag optimizations :)

Hi to all! I tried to compile an optimised rom all this time, with the different -O cflags, the best i can build is -O3 gcc4.7
the gcc4.7 from linaro crashing the compilation process each time.. I need to find out, why.. By the way, i found the fixes for kernel gcc4.8 compilation, and build the zImage, but it`s not run((
All this is very sad, i think it`s two ways to made a 4.8`-compiled rom.. 1)Compile a different rom - like sabermod, but 4.3.. 2)find the fixes for cm11
Listen people, I really need your help, especially the guys, who have a good expepiance with rom/kernel compilation..

Reactions: MSephiroth
@Torro Rosso; what kind of help you are looking at bro ?
If you need beta tester, count me in. or anything else if possible i will do it. Just shoot at me.
I am listening !

Hi Torro Rosso, i have signature verification error in ur file...
It fails to install in CWM recovery. Any idea or anyone encountered this problem ?

Bro, your File uloaded in dropbox has signature error.
It is not working for me...
Help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-09-08-44-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-09-08-44-05.png
    162 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot_2014-02-09-08-44-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-09-08-44-46.png
    174 KB · Views: 321