[CM11/12][ROM + KERNEL][Linaro][EXT4][F2FS][UV][Intelliplug][AndMore] Khaon's kitchen 13/01

Khaon

Members
Feb 24, 2014
Khaon presents his kitchen for
Xioami MI2(s) devices

I am not responsible for any damage to your phone.
Read before downloading or posting in the thread:
Proceed with caution if you have no experience

Introduction

You will find in this thread links to my kernel and a custom CM rom compiled with linaro toolchains and with optimized flags. The rom is shipped with my kernel
This kernel is based on cyanogen's. It ingrates various patches, in my opinion, stock kernel misses. It supports both ext4 and f2fs partitions.

This is a xda debDB project, so feel free to fill in bug reports, feature(s) request and review!

This kernel works on cyanogenmod rom and maybe some other AOSP roms!!
It uses, for now, a simple all kernel repack script. Thus, this repack method is not guaranteed to work at 100%for your custom rom!

Roms reported working so far : Omni Rom, Gummy rom, Paranoid rom, Pacman Rom, CM11 also

The kernel is fully supporting f2fs, if will correctly mount your partition as long as they were formated with f2fs and ext4.
You don't need to edit the rom's script, it will detect itself your partition's filesystem.

For those who don't know what is f2fs

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Jaegeuk Kim (Hangul: 김재극) at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel.[2]

The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

Some benchmarks to point out the performance difference between EXT4 and F2FS

Features :

• Compiled with lastest stable linaro - 4.9.2-201409
    • Compiled with appropriated optmizated flags : O3, etc.
    • [STRIKE]Any kernel script [/STRIKE]
    • CPU Governors : onDemand,msm-dcvs,interactive, intelliactive,conservative, performance, userspace
    • GPU Governors: onDemand,performance,interactive
    • I/O schedulers : noop, cfq, row,deadline, bfq v7r6(tweaked for nand devices)
    • CPU hotplug drivers : intelli_plug
    • intelli_thermal
    • Support and up to date with upstream f2fs revision branch
    • Mounts dynamically your partition as long as they were formatted with ext4 or f2fs(not working yet with data f2fs with TDB and sys2)
    • CPU UC/OCing
    • GPU OCing up to 500 Mhz
    • FauxSound 3.6
    • supports kernel neon mode
    • kernel image compressed with lz4 algorithm for faster boot
    • arm optimized ***** algorithms
    • frandom: A fast random number generator for replacement to urandom
    • uksm in replacement for ksm
    • Westwood+ TCP congestion control algorithm
    • And many more patches(see my github!).
Instructions :
khaon said:
Kernel:
1. Reboot to your recovery
2. Install the zip
3. Wipe your caches( /cache & dalvik-cache)
4. reboot & enjoy!
Rom: THE ROM IS SHIPPED WITH ORIGINAL CM KERNEL[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. Just install the zip! (if you have some partition ith f2fs it will detect itself)

Format cache and data partitions to f2fs:
You can use XperianPro 's philz's recovery he built for his modified rom
or use my custom twrp recovery

.[/code]
khaon said:
Credits :

Cyanogenmod and particulary @@m11kkaa for their work on this device
Samsung for f2fs filesystem
@faux123for his work ( intelli_plug, intelli thermal, fauxsound, intelliactive)
@franciscofranco for his gpu governor
@osm0sis for his any kernel script 2.0
Linaro team for their work on the toolchain

XDA:DevDB Information
Khaon's kitchen for the Xiaomi mi2(s), ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 2

Contributors
Khaon, @faux123,@m11kkaa,@franciscofranco
Source Code: https://github.com/Khaon/mi2_kernel/tree/khaon

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Snapshot
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-27

Created 2014-09-27
Last Updated 2015-01-05

XDA:DevDB Informations
Khaon's kitchen for the Xiaomi mi2(s), ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 2

Contributors
Khaon, @faux123,@m11kkaa,@franciscofranco
Source Code: https://github.com/Khaon/mi2_kernel/tree/khaon

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Snapshot
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-27

Created 2014-09-27
Last Updated 2015-01-06

Last edited:
You finally released the kernel you were talking about in -if I'm not wrong- Xperianpro's thread. It looks great and promising. Thanks

w8ting for any kernel support.. running stable on -75mv with Codename Lungo cm11. The strange thing is that i can undervolt more with this kernel than Xperian Pro one. Will try with -100 soon
Edit:
There is my voltage table:

384-750
486-775
594-775
702-800
810-825
918-850
1026-900
1134-950
1242-1012.5
1350-1012.5
1458-1025
1566-1037.5
1674-1050
1728-1050

Running stable for now.. my mi2s wont go much down than this.
Feel free to advice some changes!

Last edited:
w8ting for any kernel support.. running stable on -75mv with Codename Lungo cm11. The strange thing is that i can undervolt more with this kernel than Xperian Pro one. Will try with -100 soon
Edit:

384-750
486-775
594-775
702-800
810-825
918-850
1026-900
1134-950
1242-1012.5
1350-1012.5
1458-1025
1566-1037.5
1674-1050
1728-1050

You can undervolt more because I already undervolted my kernel,default values are lower.

Reactions: paulrlz
Iam only interested in battery life upgrade (since everything works on any rom), as iam using mokee os, is this kernel better for that rom? thanks

Edit:

384-750
486-775
594-775
702-800
810-825
918-850
1026-900
1134-950
1242-1012.5
1350-1012.5
1458-1025
1566-1037.5
1674-1050
1728-1050

This is amazing...i can't go any lower than :

384-850
486-850
594-850

etc. short story -25 the default voltages

Iam only interested in battery life upgrade (since everything works on any rom), as iam using mokee os, is this kernel better for that rom? thanks
Slrry my bad since mokee is based on Cm it works. Well it the the same kernel but with extra patches

Peux-tu m'expliquer en quelques mots ce qu'un noyau apporte réellement à une rom ?
C'est une question sérieuse, je vois ce que ça peut aider à faire en théorie mais en pratique quel est l'impact réeel d'un noyau super optimisé par rapport à un autre, je vais doubler la durée de ma batterie, mon tél va faire 35000 points sous Antutu, le système sera plus fluide/rapide ?
Je pose la question en français car j'aimerais bien comprendre éxactement et pas me retrouver à devoir décoder avec mon anglais.
Merci d'avance.

Peux-tu m'expliquer en quelques mots ce qu'un noyau apporte réellement à une rom ?
C'est une question sérieuse, je vois ce que ça peut aider à faire en théorie mais en pratique quel est l'impact réeel d'un noyau super optimisé par rapport à un autre, je vais doubler la durée de ma batterie, mon tél va faire 35000 points sous Antutu, le système sera plus fluide/rapide ?
Je pose la question en français car j'aimerais bien comprendre éxactement et pas me retrouver à devoir décoder avec mon anglais.
Merci d'avance.

Oui oui merci. If you want help talk English please. :)
Even if you last sentence seems to say you're posting it in French for some reason. It's better to stay with English for a wider range of people able to help you.

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Oui oui merci. If you want help talk English please. :)
Even if you last sentence seems to say you're posting it in French for some reason. It's better to stay with English for a wider range of people able to help you.

Ja ja danke mein Schatz.
I was asking him directly not you or someone else so I don't care if you understand or not.
Maybe you should have told me to use private message that would have been wiser and this is what I should have done.

Ja ja danke mein Schatz.
I was asking him directly not you or someone else so I don't care if you understand or not.
Maybe you should have told me to use private message that would have been wiser and this is what I should have done.

I'm Sorry but I can't read French.. how could I know for sure, that you asked someone directly?
There's an error in your logic there.
I didn't want to sound negative I just wanted to help you get more help by talking English. And yeah next time use pm or write the message directly with naming the user at the beginning. ^^

Ja ja danke mein Schatz.
3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg

hello everyone here is an update:

• ARM : initial support for underclocking apq8064
  • apq8064: reworked OC table: added more steps
  • gpu:msm: overclocking: initial implementation ( corrected the OC: now table is 128 200 400 500 hz with 400mhz default max
  • FauxSound 3.6

works only on cm based rom for now

Merci d'avance.

For all people sorry in advance for writing french. But he's asking what are the gain of changing a kernel.

Un noyau c'est ce qui fait le lien entre le matériel et le logiciel.
Par exemple en diminuant le voltage du processeur jusqu'à la limite de la stabilité (car si tu diminues trop le voltage ça va planter) tu peux économiser de la batterie tout en conservant la même fréquence et donc la même performance.
Tu peux améliorer la gestion du processeur avec des gouverneurs (gestion des montées et descente de fréquence selon la demande des applications lancées, chaque gouverneur possède des caractéristiques particulières et donc des points forts et des points faibles : http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/qu-est-ce-qu-un-gouverneur-cpu-t26062.html ).
Ce kernel permet d'overclocker ton processeur, à mon avis tu sais déjà ce que c'est. Mais bon augmenter la fréquence pour plus de puissance.
Mais bon après il y a tout un tas d'améliorations qui sont faites.

Edit : I have a personnal question, which tool shoul I use to set parameters of this kernel?

Regards

Last edited:
Same question as Richard. Settings don't stick with fauxclock after reboot, ok for PerformanceControl but everything is not here and device is not compatible with UniversalKernelManager.
@Richard63 I suggest You to use PerformanceControl from xda or trickstermod if you want pay and when you have stable settings, push them in scripts in init.d.

Same question as Richard. Settings don't stick with fauxclock after reboot, ok for PerformanceControl but everything is not here and device is not compatible with UniversalKernelManager.
@Richard63 I suggest You to use PerformanceControl from xda or trickstermod if you want pay and when you have stable settings, push them in scripts in init.d.
For me faux clock working.

Mokee does NOT work because the use the unofficial sources from ivan for some reason.

Thank you , I will edit this immeidatly! I will try to make an universal kernel. BUT I don't even know if that is possible, but ,yet, thanks for that, will be usefull for many users.

Reactions: MSephiroth
If you want to make a "universal kernel", changes has to be made on ramdisk level... or that i've read somewhere...

last changelog:

• f2fs: updated to revision branch
  • aries: corrected the default max freq bouncing
  • intelli thermal : introducting, patched to upstream revision
  • aries : corrected voltage regulator !!! Voltage < 700 mV weren't correctly applied because of it.
  • initial support for full f2fs: recompiled the dual_boot binary to mount data partition with a personal script (now you can format your data partition with f2fs formatter)
  • request: added driver for gamepad/joystick
  • intelli thermal enabled by default

How does your kernel compare to the one made by XperianPro? Completely interchangeable? Can be used also his f2fs cm11 build? Also intelligent in determining safe undervolting values automatically per cpu speed bin? Anyway, thanks for your work so far