Could there be a noGAPPS version?

Nicro

Members
Jul 21, 2021
Heya everyone,
This is my first Xiaomi device so I'm new to the ecosystem. I was looking into getting a rom without google services for FOSS and privacy's sake.

The Chinese rom comes without google apps and gets patched here to include them again. Where in the process does that happen and could a Google-free version be provided alongside the main one? I feel that having a stock-like rom without google would be a rare opportunity.

As a sidenote: If GAPPS is a wanted feature would the EAA-Version not make for a good base, with official translations, no "Chinese additives" and already present ad management, barring the slow update cycle that is?
If that comes across wrong, I absolutely don't mean to discredit anyone's work here, I heard from a lot of people that they prefer the custom translations and implementation over the official ones.

The Chinese rom comes without google apps and gets patched here to include them again. Where in the process does that happen and could a Google-free version be provided alongside the main one? I feel that having a stock-like rom without google would be a rare opportunity.
Was already answered several times before - we're not interested in Google-free ROMs.

As a sidenote: If GAPPS is a wanted feature would the EAA-Version not make for a good base, with official translations, no "Chinese additives" and already present ad management, barring the slow update cycle that is?
The initial purpose of Xiaomi.eu was to provide globalized ROMs for devices that never got official Global ROMs. We extended our support to devices which have Global ROMs as well, yet we build on China ROM base when possible because it's usually newer, and because there is no Beta/Weekly channel on Global.
Official translations are already fetched from official ROMs, and replaced with custom translations from our teams if there is a team (or the official translation is used if we don't have a team for a certain language).
Moreover, EEA ROMs have limitations and restrictions related to the EU which I won't be discussing here, so it's not suitable for us as a base.