Couldn't Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi 13

OberZine

Members
Mar 10, 2022
As title suggests,

I have had the phone since 10th March, and since day 1 I bound the account in Mi Unlock Status in developer settings successfully, enabled OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
However, I have tried the Mi Unlock tool version 6.5.406.31 and 6.5.224.28.
I even tried XiaomiToolV2-99.9.9 (the one on github)
They all say the same message

Couldn't Unlock
Please add your account in MIUI's Settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status

1678796599303.png

I have followed what it said multiple times, and I get no error messages, just a added successful message.

I'm at a loss on what to do, I've never had this issue before on any of my previous Xiaomi phones since Xiaomi Mi 6.

For some scope, I got the phone from WondaMobile 12GB Ram 512GB Storage China model.

I even contacted Xiaomi Customer service, they said "I've passed this on to the technical team" then ended the chat haha

Can anyone advise what I can do?

You need to wait 7 days to unlock the bootloader
After binding the account? I've never heard of that, not in all the years I've been unlocking xiaomi devices.
I've created and unlocked accounts and Xiaomi phones on day 1.
So this has to be something new.

If you have a source for this, I'd greatly appreciate it :D

After binding the account? I've never heard of that, not in all the years I've been unlocking xiaomi devices.
I've created and unlocked accounts and Xiaomi phones on day 1.
So this has to be something new.

If you have a source for this, I'd greatly appreciate it :D
It is not. Go back a number of years and the wait was 30 days (Redmi Note 5 Pro Global). The unlocking app will tell you how many more hours you have to wait when you try to unlock it.

It varies device to device. For example the Poco F3 was 7 days (168 hours).

Attachments

• poco f3 unlock xda upload.png
    poco f3 unlock xda upload.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,384
Reactions: JiaiJ
It is not. Go back a number of years and the wait was 30 days (Redmi Note 5 Pro Global). The unlocking app will tell you how many more hours you have to wait when you try to unlock it.

It varies device to device. For example the Poco F3 was 7 days (168 hours).
I think you're missing what I'm saying in my original post.
The unlock tool doesn't recognise the binding of the account to the device

I think you're missing what I'm saying in my original post.
The unlock tool doesn't recognise the binding of the account to the device
Looking at the comments on the bottom of their how-to, you're probably not the only one having issues the last couple of days. Probably something on their end or you missed a step. Is the phone fully updated with official Xiaomi builds, and did you have a sim installed when you applied?
There are some troubleshooting ideas at the bottom of their post, but its pretty generic. Usually it just works if the steps are followed correctly and there isn't some sort of adb driver/usb port conflict happening on your PC.

I am having the same issue...... Hopefully Xiaomi sort it their side soon.

Found a work around - I am now having to wait the 168 hours !

1. Make a Mi account through Google and set the region to US - it's important to set the region to US... EU gave me the rebind error
  2. Add the Mi account to your phone (settings -> Mi Account)
  3. Set the recovery phone on your Mi account and verify the phone number.
  4. Make sure you have OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging enabled
  5. Go to Mi Unlock status -> add account (make sure you're on data)
  6. In your PC download the latest Mi Unlock Tool (click on the gear icon and check for updates + download if there are any)
  7. In the same gear menu check for USB Drivers and install them
  8. Log into the same Mi account in the Unlock tool
  9. Enter Fastboot on your phone
  10. Unlock (it may prompt you to wait 168 hours, but after that you should be able to unlock)

Looking at the comments on the bottom of their how-to, you're probably not the only one having issues the last couple of days. Probably something on their end or you missed a step. Is the phone fully updated with official Xiaomi builds, and did you have a sim installed when you applied?
There are some troubleshooting ideas at the bottom of their post, but its pretty generic. Usually it just works if the steps are followed correctly and there isn't some sort of adb driver/usb port conflict happening on your PC.

I know it's something their end, because I know I didn't miss a step,
I've been modding Android phones since 2010 and xiaomi phones since 2014.
I have 3 xiaomi phone which are all unlocked on my desk and I never had this issue.

I should be fully updated, but my concern is that because it's a china phone I might need to be on a vpn in china?

I defo had a sim inserted because I'm making and receiving about about 3-4 calls a day on it lol

and I use 5G when out and about.

I use usb debugging every day as part of my day job, there's no conflicts with drivers on either of my machines.

Already followed all the steps, I posted here as a very last resort.

1. Make a Mi account through Google and set the region to US - it's important to set the region to US... EU gave me the rebind error
  6. In your PC download the latest Mi Unlock Tool (click on the gear icon and check for updates + download if there are any)
  10. Unlock (it may prompt you to wait 168 hours, but after that you should be able to unlock)
I've not actually tried setting the region to US, however I don't think I have that option because it's the China model. I'll give it a go later.

I've already done the rest of the steps you outlined multiple times over. I even got a temp block on my IP because I apparently used the tool too many times haha

Reactions: mik101

All this without VPN my friend? I don't think so...

Make a Mi account through Google and set the region to US - it's important to set the region to US... EU gave me the rebind error
I actually don't have the option to set a region, the region settings is not on my device or anywhere in my settings.
I believe its because I have a china model?

I have a 12S Ultra that is obviously Chinese and have pretty much tried everything. Nothing has worked despite my attempts to use two different accounts with different SIMs on two different PCs. I logged in and out, and even used various Internet connections, both with and without VPN. Here in the UK, Xiaomi refuses to assist, claiming that doing so will void their guarantee and that they are not qualified to help with BL unlocking anyway. Since Xiaomi support is essentially the same contact centre, that option's out. I'm beyond frustrated, can't even return the device as this sh*t has been going on for more than 3 weeks.

I can confirm that this method will promt you to wait 168 hrs. Just follow the steps and it should work for you too.
Tessted on Xiaomi 13 Pro Global Version.
Big thanks to author for this info.

I can confirm that this method will promt you to wait 168 hrs. Just follow the steps and it should work for you too.
Tessted on Xiaomi 13 Pro Global Version.
Big thanks to author for this info.
Maybe, but you have mention to all that with a new Account with the same SIM must DELETE your old account. The only solution is to buy a new SIM with a new number. Why Xiaomi play with our Nervus System my friends???

Maybe, but you have mention to all that with a new Account with the same SIM must DELETE your old account. The only solution is to buy a new SIM with a new number. Why Xiaomi play with our Nervus System my friends???
That's correct. You will need to buy a new SIM card with new number for this activity. I did it only because I already had one as well as other email address so you can remove your old account temporary, do everyhing that what was mentioned and unlock your phone. After this you can reflash ROM in your phone and set region you need and use your old SIM and Xiaomi account.
But honestly I do understand what you are talking about especially when they asking crazy high prices for their flagship phones. For this money you can get 23 Ultra or something equivalent to this level phone.
If Xiaomi keeps doing this to their customers they might start loosing them... just my opinion
P.S. They also have removed Network bands 20 and 7 for Chinese versions... just for your info.

Reactions: Vag - Zag
Creating a new account on account.xiaomi.com and setting region to US then binding the same number to the new account has now gotten me a step further :D

Just gotta wait 168 hours to unlock, (I hope with no errors)
1679486106790-png.5869255

Reactions: SISPANAGHS
The same number, without delete the old account?
Are you sure? 2 accounts with the same number?
Don't think so...
Same phone number, I binded the same phone number to the new account without deleting the old account because I'm still logged in on other devices and would like to continue syncing data to it.
I would like to rephrase, while it is the same number, it does unbind it from the old account, but there is no need to delete the account.

Reactions: Vag - Zag