Design flaw on Xiaomi M2(S)

RobinHood00

Members
Oct 28, 2013
Hey,

I bought a M2A long time ago for somebody and it needed repair. The USB connector on the phone was broken. Now the M2(S) has the same rectangular USB port on the bottom.
qrjhl.jpg

I have been looking for battery covers which could solve this and I'm wondering if anybody has found some solution for this as it is kind of fragile.

With the M2A you can easily put a new powerboard in the phone, but on the M2(S) it is integrated in the motherboard itself. It's not a problem but well... I was just wondering if anybody has some idea on preventing this from getting broken. (I only charge my phone when I can put it somewhere safe where it wont drop hehe)

(I only charge my phone when I can put it somewhere safe where it wont drop hehe)

We have a captain of common sense amongst us.

Anyways, I have owned a M2S for a year now and the usb connector is still solid. I am not particularly or overly careful with it, I just use common sense and if you feel resistance of some sort, wiggle a tiny bit and it will go in smoothly.

That's what she said.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walter Anthony

Anyways, I have owned a M2S for a year now and the usb connector is still solid. I am not particularly or overly careful with it, I just use common sense and if you feel resistance of some sort, wiggle a tiny bit and it will go in smoothly.

That's what she said.

Why+won+t+you+read+_d7478394638e97ece7f1a3fe13f7d02f.jpg

Lol. WHY WONT IT READDDDDDDDD. You're really stating the obvious but did not understand the message I guess. I wondered if anyone has thought of a solution that might prevent this from happening. I'm using my phone for about 5 months now and never even had to 'wiggle' my phone lol :p But THAT is not what THIS thread is about :D

How is that a design flaw? It's just an rectangle, nothing wrong with that. I've never had any problems with it. My usb cable doesn't wiggle around any more than with any other brand.

That's what she said.

3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpeg

My english isn't the best but:
The USB connector is really solid but it gets stretched after a while.
I've opened my phone and with pliers I made the socket a bit more tightened to prevent the cables from easily falling out.

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

4e2dec0ea8.jpg

IMO those designs are far better. Anyway, I guess it's the whole USB specification lol. Look at the new apple chargers, far more durable I guess hehe.
mB8HCbasazxmFRC5Qtr-Eyg.jpg

Cant have it all hehe ^^

Don't be so sure, my daughter has broken 4 of those apple charger wires since Christmas.
Admittedly the phone socket is fine but just saying......

Don't be so sure, my daughter has broken 4 of those apple charger wires since Christmas.
Admittedly the phone socket is fine but just saying......
Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, it is a lot easier to replace a 1$ charger cable than to replace a USB socket on the motherboard of your phone ;)

Sorry, I get you now! You're right!
Yeah, well I wasn't VERY clear though :)

When I worked at a laptop repair company we had SO many laptops with broken usb, hdmi, AC, ports...
The advantage of mini usb is it has the curved upper side, but well, Xiaomi did not use those curves in their design, I think that's a big down side. If the plug can only fit in one way it is a lot less likely to be damaged. But well I guess there is no real solution for this. I was thinking about a very small frame or something which would make it impossible to put it in the wrong way. But well, I'm used to taking a very careful look at my phone before putting the usb connector in it hehe.