[dev]MIUIandroid-Liquid Mt port

Status
Not open for further replies.
New version is up, but I forgot to add news&weather app :[ new "build" will be tommorow.

As I promised:
loveforever
starting from 2.2.3 you can change language with minimal modifications of actual language pack.
To port language pack on liquid mt you just need to modify Torch.apk in language pack.
So, little how-to:
Use apktool to disassemble it, or you can just remove Torch.apk from language pack and use mine, coz you won't actually use torch app, but its features like home button on lockscreen.
-To port Torch first type in terminal(or in whatever commandline you use):
Code:
cd [directory that containing language pack]/system/framework
apktool if framework-res.apk
Don't close terminal till the end.
on language pack's framework-res.apk
-disassemble language pack's Torch.apk type in terminal(or in whatever commandline you use):
Code:
cd [directory that containing language pack]/system/app
apktool d Torch.apk
In [directory that containing language pack]/system/app you'll see a folder Torch, open it
-go to smali/net/cactii/flash2/
-open FlashDevice.smali in text editor
-search for "galaxys2", it will be the only one
-replace it to "a4"
-assemble your Torch folder with:
Code:
apktool b Torch
then you'll see a build folder, go to it, in parallel, open Torch.apk with any archiver you wish then just drag'n'drop classes.dex from build folder to the archive(if you are using winrar, don't forget about compression rate, it should be the same as before replacing actual classes.dex)

-new language pack is almost done :D
-There is only action remaining - change your build.prop with mine and replace lines to actual language:
Code:
ro.product.locale.language=[language dualsymbol code in lower case, for exmaple fr]
ro.product.locale.region=[country dualsymbol code in upper case, for example FR]

Done - language pack could now be flashed.

For others who would find that instruction useful:
If your language pack have a translated framework.jar, you should port it too.
Assuming you know how apktool works(from previous part), you could find framework.jar on system/framework, cd to that folder and then apply apktool manipulations with exact file.
Our framework.jar is actually has 2 patches that needs to port:
-PhoneFactory.smali
-LGEQualcommRIL.smali
from smali/com/android/internal/telephony
just copy them from mine rom's framework.jar to yours.
You should do the same if you are going to port miui mods that are actualy using modified framework.jar
If you don't know, translated your framework.jar or not (for example when there is only full rom and no language packs) I recommend you to port framework.jar too.

Do i need to install apktool on my ubuntu?
uhm, it's not actually a package..
create a folder bin in your home directory by issuing
Code:
mkdir -p bin
then dload these files and unpack to bin:
http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool1.4.3.tar.bz2&can=2&q=
http://code.google.com/p/android-ap...tool-install-linux-r04-brut1.tar.bz2&can=2&q=
then you would need reboot your shell.
after that, all apktool cmds will work without any specifying of directory, like this:
Code:
apktool if framewrok-res.apk
Wich file do i need to translate in french?
Just language pack.. or whole app and framework/framework-res.apk (+maybe framework.jar) if you have just full rom.

PS
What are the adds on the update?
damnit, realised that I have not answered correctly :D
now leds are working, kernel was slightly improved, maybe works bt a2dp(please test), and now rom is easier to port :p

That is news!
If help is needed for website (joomla or WordPress) I'm here.

will miui going opensource be a help to get data to poor italian users without apn? :)

The version 2.2.3 is lagged when I kill apps with the native App Killer (hold home button).

Another thing: Can I upgrade to next update without lose nothing?

Hi all...
I've tried latest version and I (of course) still have problem with my Italian Usim and APN.
I've tried using the phone without USIM inserted and I've added an apn: didn't save apn even without sim inserted.

Why should we ask lg devs? Is some lg component used for MIUI? Coming from which phone? I'd like to investigate but I have no clues.

Another thing: Can I upgrade to next update without lose nothing?
yup, but as usual on your own risk :D
Why should we ask lg devs? Is some lg component used for MIUI? Coming from which phone?
because for now we are using LG ril framework wrapper.
I don't actually know what device is using the same ril as ours.

Hi Lens_flare and congratulations for your ROM! I'm italian and so I'm interested in building an italian language pack. I've followed your how to guide, but the language is still english... I've done all the things you've written, but I don't understand the last piece of your guide (the one regarding framework.jar): where can I find it and how to translate it? Thanks!

I definetely know that the italian pack does not require translated framework.jar.
Just don't forget to redefine language lines on build.prop :}

So the only thing to do is to change that two lines in build.prop, put it into the rom instead of yours and flash it? So simple?

You should redefine them on mine build.prop, then replace it with those on language pack. It should be ok to finally do a port(assuming you've ported torch.apk ;] ).

Hi UhSiracu!

I see you're Italian too... Do you have APN problems? Which kind of carrier and sim / usim you have?
I have a Vodafone 128k and its data is not working on MIUI and CM7...

It has been already proved that ALL USIM and RUIM(american CDMA?) card doesn't work properly because of different card technology , that our RIL wrapper just doesn't support for now. And please stop asking that, when it will be fixed there will be special announcement.

Hi UhSiracu!

I see you're Italian too... Do you have APN problems? Which kind of carrier and sim / usim you have?
I have a Vodafone 128k and its data is not working on MIUI and CM7...

hi itpitt,
I have got a Wind sim and never had apn problems with it... I've read that you can solve your problem by toggling airplane mode, but I don't know if it's true 'cos I've never needed to try it..! I'm sorry...

@Lens_flare

I don't want to bother but what is obvious to you probably isn't that clear to others that are ignorant about communication technology (to me ruim and cdma are pure arab) :)
I just wanted to ask UhSiracu if other Italian providers' sims work without problems because I could just change sim and use miui.

Thanks for your info, siracu!

You should redefine them on mine build.prop, then replace it with those on language pack. It should be ok to finally do a port(assuming you've ported torch.apk ;] ).

lens flare, if you are interested I can upload the full italian rom.. let me know if it can be usefull!

Status
Not open for further replies.