[DEV] Opensource Kernel

funfact: +8% batterylevel after flashing and wiping cache+dalvik :) (22% before, 30% after flash)

until now:
8h 7m on batt
100% -> 84% (2%/h)
40m screen on

I will post more detailled stats when i used more battery, if it continues in this way the battery life seems to be better.
Also didn't notice a charging bug with this kernel, but i can't test it more because it would make the batterystats useless.

i have to thank you for developing, not you me for testing! :)

Reactions: paulrlz and Wajk
Batterylife is better, especially the power consumption in deepsleep seems lower on this kernel (imho)

MI2 32GB
2000 mAh
CM Gapps
CM 2014-02-14
governor interactive (same as i use on default kernel)

I will let the run complete and post final stats then.
Screenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-09.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-13.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-39.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-44.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-48.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-21-53.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-22-04.pngScreenshot_2014-02-21-07-22-08.png

I modified ivan's kernel to basically work with cm11(not fully, no backlight during boot, much missing features and wlan mac address is auto generated).

Flash it and tell me if battery life is better. If yes it's a kernel problem and I'll invest some time comparing the kernels.
http://d-h.st/CRe
Bro can i use this kernel with Mokee ROM

2 night test, the first is origin kernel (0.7%/h), the other is Ivan 's kernel ( 0.1%/h).
I reboot the phone before test.
Art run time. Airplane mode is on.
@M1cha s 2.14 build
uploadfromtaptalk1393124226544.jpg

BBS log uploaded

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2014-02-22_110241625.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 246
  • BetterBatteryStats-2014-02-23_104140665.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
@M1cha: what do you think about Flash-Friendly File System?
This Filesystem is used in others phone too like Moto X where he shows good performance.

"F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers."
source/Github & source 2/Github(F2FS for /data)

Last edited:
I've created this thread to prevent off-topic in the CWM thread.
The purpose of this thread is development and information mainly. The kernel currently isn't ready for daily use.

This kernel is for Android 4.3 and doesn't work with stock (MIUI) roms.

What works:
  • USB
  • NAND, sdcard
  • LCD-Backlight
  • LCD-Panel :)
  • Notification LED's
  • Power-button, Volume-keys
  • Touchscreen
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Gravity, LinearAcceleration, Gyroscope, Light, MagneticField, Orientation, AtmosphericPressure, Proximity
  • Battery/Charging
  • Vibrator
  • Bluetooth
  • WLAN
  • OpenGL, Gaming
  • RIL
  • Audio
  • GPS
  • FMRadio
  • Camera
  • Torch
In progress:
  • MHL
What doesn't work:
  • anything else? pls tell me!
Known bugs:
  • Color Calibration breaks screen after setting the value for the 2nd time.
  • Gamma Control not available because we use a different lcd driver and I need to port this over to it
Sourcecode:
https://github.com/M1cha/android_kernel_xiaomi_aries
Please anybody can port the double tap to unlock like lg G2...I read that is a mod for the kernel and other devices have this like the nexus 4/5

Reactions: kekkojoker90
Sounds good but I dunno if that has much effect :p
I'm running an f2fs rom on my nexus 7 2012 and it's a definite improvement. There are loads of threads talking about how to implement it on xda. Not sure if it would have as big an impact on the mi2s as on the old nexus 7 but might be worth a look if you feel like it

On XDA they have some Benchmarks. Doesn't sound too bad I think. Would be worth a try in my opinion.

Last edited:
As far as I know these are the drivers N4 uses since 4.4.
CM11 for mi2 used these drivers since the beginning.

Thanks anyway

I don't think so.
And qcom's public downloads are preview drivers. They may be unstable.

As far as I know these are the drivers N4 uses since 4.4.
CM11 for mi2 used these drivers since the beginning.

Thanks anyway
I don't think so.
And qcom's public downloads are preview drivers. They may be unstable.

People with Optimus G are using them too with no issues.

I've been using them in my Nexus 4 since they were released and haven't faced any issues so far... all games run flawlessly.

Thanks man!

People with Optimus G are using them too with no issues.

I've been using them in my Nexus 4 since they were released and haven't faced any issues so far... all games run flawlessly.

Thanks man!
I think you'd go better with the original drivers because google updates these with every release.

Hello,

@M1cha @linuxx I would like to start soon contributing to this kernel( examen soonihs done :D) but since now the device is cm supported I guess I will have to go through gerrit instead of pulling?

Reactions: M1cha
That depends on what you do :)
If you want to add OC etc it won't get accepted anyway and you have to make your own custom kernel/cm11 builds.
Otherwise yes :)