[DEV] Opensource Kernel

Wow, this looks amazing! It would be great, not only for having a custom kernel and the possibility to have other ROMs, but I think that also this kind of things will put a bit pressure on Xiaomi for making MIUI open source, which is the biggest fault of MIUI and Xiaomi IMHO

Wow, this looks amazing! It would be great, not only for having a custom kernel and the possibility to have other ROMs, but I think that also this kind of things will put a bit pressure on Xiaomi for making MIUI open source, which is the biggest fault of MIUI and Xiaomi IMHO

I totally agree with you!. But random members who just bump the thread in hope it will getting faster is wrong in my opinion.

I totally agree with you!. But random members who just bump the thread in hope it will getting faster is wrong in my opinion.
What problems have you got? I've only asked for news to m1cha, i didn't say "bump" or "i can't wait!". So, don't be rude, it's pointless.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

You can be sure I'll inform you instantly if there are any ground breaking news.
But sad to say - there aren't any currently. Not because it got complex now - it's because I currently don't have the time to do something.

I'll continue working on this in my semester holidays which should start between mid and end of july.
Also please note that this kernel will not work with MIUI because I make a 4.2 kernel which isn't compatible with 4.1.
But maybe Xiaomi will update when this kernel works ;)

I'll continue working on this in my semester holidays which should start between mid and end of july.
Also please note that this kernel will not work with MIUI because I make a 4.2 kernel which isn't compatible with 4.1.

I think MIUI could still be made as mod like on other devices (e.g. Galaxy s2) with a cm10.1/aokp base?

Can't wait to see 4.2 Android on my device, I don't think Xiaomi will ever update their device to a newer version :-(

Written on my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk 4 Beta

i already know your kernel work only with 4.2 :D and thanks for update

Thank you! I can't wait for release ;-)

Written on my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk 4 Beta

This problem doesn't really exist. The reason for heating was that the cpu ran on 1300MHz all the time and I was stuck in a bootloop with cpu at 100%

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

basically the kernel not scale the frequency?

very good work :p but i want ask a little thing...

I can read this in the working function "but driver can't fix broken fw so sometimes a reboot to stock kernel is needed" what this mean? i thought you need to reboot for example in the system 2 with miui for calibrating driver for touch. Ps you try with camera or is the last thing?

the touchscreen has a firmware like baseband or whatever. But normally it's written by kernel on boot time(at least when it's broken).
But currently my kernel can't write the firmware and sometimes it happens that it really gets broken.
Then you need to reboot to a kernel which can write the firmware(every stock kernel). It's enough already to boot into recovery because it uses stock kernel.

About camera: I'll work on it when audio and ril are working so we can use the phone as.... well as a PHONE :D

When all the bugs'll fix can I use this kernel with the cm10.2 by cofface?

Sent from my Mi2s