[dev] Opensource (multiboot) Bootloader: Efidroid (formerly Grub4android)

Ok guys let's do a vote.

Normal:
G4A_icon.png

Flat:
G4A_icon_flat.png

Super flat:
G4A_icon_flat2.png

I vote for super flat.
Press on the thumbnail to see the full image

mh you're right xd
it's not just a circle. the gradient with the triangular edge looks very cool and unique.

mh you're right xd
it's not just a circle. the gradient with the triangular edge looks very cool and unique.
Ok then this will be the final design. I'll make the icons and upload a new zip

Edit: zip is in the attachment with updated icons, headers etc.

Attachments

• G4A-flat.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Reactions: M1cha
Build yourself if u cant live and or wait it.
(Don't build it may not boot cuz of WIP multioot)

Will this bootloader replace stock one or will be "kernel",also will it support boot from custom partitions or only IMG files from sdcard?

Will this bootloader replace stock one or will be "kernel",also will it support boot from custom partitions or only IMG files from sdcard?
on mi2, the stock bootloader will be replaced with a preloader(LK) which loads grub from sdcard(this basically is the same as xiaomi's loader just with grub loading support).

Loading from filesystems is supported, yes. GRUB supports a lot of them.
devices with real sdcards are a little bit out of luck though because LK doesn't have a driver for them.

Depends on device.
On devices like mi2 where its possible to boot unsigned bootloader we flash an "hacked" LK (little kernel,the default qcom bootloader) as main bootloader.
On other devices the "hacked lk" will be flashed on /boot. The bootloader will think it's booting the kernel but it boots a bootloader that boots grub :p

Grub is better than root (@M1cha), it can have fun with ramdisk (and all your files), then Tracy and fstab will do some magic tricks to make multiboot loading partitions from sdcard. You will use folders (system data cache) and boot.IMG. No need to create IMG files for partitions.

Last edited:
Depends on device.
On devices like mi2 where its possible to boot unsigned bootloader we flash an "hacked" LK as main bootloader. On other devices the "hacked lk" will be flashed on boot. The bootloader thinks its booting the kernel but it boots a bootloader that boots grub :p
Grub is better than root (@M1cha), it can have fun with ramdisk (and all your files) and Tracy will do some magic tricks to make multiboot loading partitions from sdcard. You will use folders (system data cache) and boot.IMG, firmware.IMG recovery.IMG from sdcard for each (IMG files if needed) system. No need to create IMG files for partitions.

It makes sense since sdcard is formatted as ext4,I know already what I will do with this :D

A preview
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A preview
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any ETA,is there even point in delaying it looks like its working.

Also 240p,where did you even find such old camera.

Any ETA,is there even point in delaying it looks like its working.

Also 240p,where did you even find such old camera.
Next light-year (@M1cha)
(PS i know its not a time measurement but it's the best answer at eta question)
The other cameras I had were lg l3 one, iPhone 3s one and n7 (2012) one.... Choose

hehe. You won't be able to do that for long because GRUB is compatible with many devices :p
U made a typo: almost every device :p