Did I brick my Mi11 Ultra?

2w43zhh

Members
Jan 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have the bad feeling that I bricked my phone.
Hopefully this is not the case and someone is able to help out with some tips.

I factory reseted my Mi11 Ultra which was running the latest MIUI 14 stable.
After I've done that, I recognized that all data was still there but I wanted a completely fresh system.
So I bootet into TWRP (3.7.0) and advanced wiped the phone. I don't remember which checkboxes I checked.

After that TWRP showed 0MB for the internal storage, I found a manual to repair filesystem. I followed the manual and it showed me the internal storage again. Of course it was completely empty.

But since then I'm not able to install the ROM from scratch.
I receive an error "Error installing zip file '/sdcard/xiaomi.eu.............zip'

1677423011419.png

Does anyone know if and how I can fix that? Or did I really brick my device? :(

Thank you so much for any help!

I would say that the best way would be to restore a complete 1:1 backup from your phone via USB OTG.

But I've only used it on non-Xiaomi phones so far to solve such problems

Hi and thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't have a backup :(

Any other ideas how to revive my Mi 11 Ultra?

Have you tried a fastboot flash? Try latest version and then if you are working, install twrp if you need to.

Have you managed to repair the cell phone?
In Telegram there are groups in Spanish that have solved this problem

Hi guys,
thank you so much for your support and sorry for my late response, I didn't have any time to try your suggestions (and I'm happy with the Xiaomi 13 Pro).
Today I tried your idea to do a fastboot flash @Mark F and IT WORKED :emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin:
The Mi 11 Ultra is up and running again.

Thank you and @Regioenleon so much!!

Hi guys,
thank you so much for your support and sorry for my late response, I didn't have any time to try your suggestions (and I'm happy with the Xiaomi 13 Pro).
Today I tried your idea to do a fastboot flash @Mark F and IT WORKED :emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin::emoji_grin:
The Mi 11 Ultra is up and running again.

Thank you and @Regioenleon so much!!
Fastboot flash with Mi Flash tool ?
Going back to stock rom then starting over ?