[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

i'm using Ivan's AOSP ROM(ver 4.11.11) and i found that Ivan's ROM also have this issue. During calling and recording, when the mic receive sounds, there's a lower noise mixed, and it remains silent when there's no sound.
Agree, no matter if Ivan's AOSP LP, CM12 testing builds or this latest build. Same problem, same symptoms.

So, which ROM has the very best mic and speaker quality?
MIUIv5 final? one of Ivan's ROM's?

I need to compare the mixer and codec settings between CM12 and another ROM.

So, which ROM has the very best mic and speaker quality?
MIUIv5 final? one of Ivan's ROM's?

I need to compare the mixer and codec settings between CM12 and another ROM.
Never notice this before, any rom based on kk or earlier is OK, methinks.

okay.. i cant install gapps which downloaded from
"wiki,cyanogenmod,org/w/Google_Apps" system dont let me post a link =[
using twrp v2.8.3.0
any same problems? or just only me?
of cause i wipe the system ,data and cache already

Found a possible BT bug, after a restart I can connect to my BT device (arendo pulse meter), but when I turn BT off and on again, I cannot connect anymore. There was no such problem in previous Khaon's build (cm-12-20150206-UNOFFICIAL-aries.zip)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bvalosek.cpuspy.realgpp
Well when u are constantly using ur phone, some heat is normal on mi2.
But if u weren't using ur phone much and the CPU still was using high frequencies there would be sth. wrong.
i dont have any heat problem only the normal heat when you are using it for a long time.
Ive just found a "bug" when you are on youtube with headsets with max volume the sound sometines freezes for a second and then works normal for a few minutes until other error...

ok I can confirm that bug with bluetooth, khaon previous build is not affected. To reproduce you need some BT 4.0 device. Connect to it then turn BT off and on and you will not be able to connect again. Non BT 4.0 seems fine.

I uploaded a new build, see the XDA thread for details. The key vibration issue is not fixed yet but will be in the next build.

great m1cha! thanks a lot for key vibrations! ^_^
is there a changelog for today's build?

BTW, there is something new I'd like to add to the bug list.
when my BT device is connected [jabra revo wireless], any sound performed by my phone is slowed a little.
music is flawlessly reproduced with no lag, but the audio quality is slowed to about 0.8x.
this bug is reproduced when I listen to a song via eleven or shuttle+ apps, but even if I try to listen to a audio preview, IE selecting a new ringtone for my device.

if I disconnect the BT device, sound speed is 1.0x like it should be.

after publishing my reply, I just checked on XDA ^_^
I suggest to move ALL the discussion right there, and leave this thread, to gather all informations in one place.
what you say?

@zipalign well I didn't create this thread. People just found my early builds that I uploaded for friends on my devhost account and started discussing :D

Reactions: acastrocab
well...after a few hours for settle down the system and the apps that i just installed, I saw your update. Orz
needed to wipe before your update? :s