[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

thanks for the update.... we will wait and but we are eager to hear from you ... quite excited ....

you guys are fast :D
This is just a test ROM I've uploaded for @linuxx to test. In this build, not all microphones are working so u can't use it for daily use yet.
you guys are fast :D
This is just a test ROM I've uploaded for @linuxx to test. In this build, not all microphones are working so u can't use it for daily use yet.
I couldn't resist anymore:
[JOKE]ETA for CM12 Snapshot? When! I want it now :-D[/JOKE]

M1cha: please think about merging data and sdcard partition to one partition like on nexus, kindle and other devices. /sdcard is mounted using some fuse to emulate permissions. I have this on my 8GB kindle fire (otterX) and kindle fire KFSOWI.

Reactions: Netweaver
M1cha: please think about merging data and sdcard partition to one partition like on nexus, kindle and other devices. /sdcard is mounted using some fuse to emulate permissions. I have this on my 8GB kindle fire (otterX) and kindle fire KFSOWI.
This would need Dev tree modifications and most of cm users a don't know how to change the partitions.

Did this CM12 test build compatible with CWM6.0.5.1 ? Did it support TDB?
Nope. Tdb is deprecated due to cm policy. Every device must have encrypt(able) /data and tdb breaks it. As m1cha said there's no problem since we('ll) have g4a. U also need to flash sr (or 3e) for cm12 too, but if this is ur main phone I'd don't flash this ROM since there are some serious problems with the mic

You can try, at your own risk, the following:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

in build.prop

Its qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 :p

So, have you try it? in what way it is better?
does it have root?

It supports root from adb but u shouldn't be able mount system as rw cuz of selinux. There's no "root manager" yet.
We'll release it once it the call bug has been fixed

I forgot to tell u that all cam and audio bugs are gone (OK google with video recorder, "broken" music and the others)
yep and I got headset mic in the Soundrecorder app working :)

@cvncbn92 can u put sth like "[Discussion]" in the thread title so it's clear that this thread is neither about releases nor development?

No and no.
Do not ask for fixes, otas or magic ponies. We'll give u the ROM once it's ready

Can I ask you how you fixed the audio issues? I would love to fix the bluetooth audio slow-motion in Ivan's build, but I don't have the knowledge to build custom roms. If it's something easy to do, would you mind sharing that with us?

Can I ask you how you fixed the audio issues? I would love to fix the bluetooth audio slow-motion in Ivan's build, but I don't have the knowledge to build custom roms. If it's something easy to do, would you mind sharing that with us?
M1cha did it but he have not updated the audio hal yet cuz of call bug

Reactions: Mavamaarten