[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

Me working perfectly
When I try to enable it, music stops. Restarting music there's no effect on sound. Already tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall it, without success.
With the previous versions (16/02 and 17/02) no problems.
Will see on today build.

Reactions: karlsson
When I try to enable it, music stops. Restarting music there's no effect on sound. Already tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall it, without success.
Will see on today build.
Tell us the remaining space of your system partition also

With this rom (also with ivan's aosp) my phone won't connect to my wifi because "poor signal" . Since first boot. I've checked on wifi settings and "avoid poor wifi " is not checked

Will see on today build.
Same here, in previous versions works fine
Tell us the remaining space of your system partition also
My remaining space in system is 22 mb

Sorry for my english

I also have problems with V4A on 18/02. Each time I (re)boot system it asks me to install driver, although .lib file is there. No problems on 17/02 version

@M1cha why in your builds apps like music are not translated? in builds of khaon if they are. My language is Spanish, thanks for your great work.

Last edited:
This ROM is excellent. After 3 days of using I'm absolutely satisfied. Only music playback seems to be worse than on CM11. Do you think you could enable dolby as it was in ancient times of MIUI 5?

I installed last version but there is no play store in the gapps package and is not possible to install an apk file. How can I solve?

EDIT: I solved using another gapps package and I think it's a very good ROM but I missed something that was very useful on cm11. Is it possible to reintroduce more tiles? (e.g. vibration, 2g to 3g switcher, mute/ringtone etc.). However, thanks for your hard work @M1cha !

Last edited:
I only found ringtone and notifications problem (setup through original android app, no playlists etc.)

In System settings - sound I choose them and:
my own mp3 ringtones don't work - I have to setup predefined ones - they works
similar to ringtones are notifications - I have Hangouts also for SMS and the notfication sound is always the same without any change

I did clean install with full wipe, after founding this problem I cleaned cashe again - without any success

I only found ringtone and notifications problem (setup through original android app, no playlists etc.)

In System settings - sound I choose them and:
my own mp3 ringtones don't work - I have to setup predefined ones - they works
similar to ringtones are notifications - I have Hangouts also for SMS and the notfication sound is always the same without any change

I did clean install with full wipe, after founding this problem I cleaned cashe again - without any success

move your sounds via root explorer into /system/media/audio/ringtones [for rings] or /notifications for shorter sounds.
set attribute files to rw-r--r--] then choose them via system app.
it works, even if it's only a workaround.

Reactions: Bucci
I installed last version but there is no play store in the gapps package and is not possible to install an apk file. How can I solve?

EDIT: I solved using another gapps package...

I have the same problem, which gapps did you install ?

Mine are same size as pico gapps from PA. You had some mess from previous installation, but PA gapps have script for cleaning things up.

Reactions: Boby Larson
Micha rom resizes your system partition to reclaim the whole space of your block device. But this only works if you are on cwm.

I made a simple flahsable zip to resize your system partition but this works only with twrp 2.8.x.y( even maybe 2.8.3+++)

It won't mess with your partitions tables just increase the size of your filesystem to the size of the part of your storage that is allocated for /system partition.

you can download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9kxrJw-dzUmbUR6UDl2bjFINjQ/view?usp=sharing

At the moment on cm12 + PA's pico gapps I have 498 MB of disk usage and 478 MB free space.(my block device size is 976)

EDIT : also 2.3.4.0 viperaudio is out : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

@Khaon it works with any recovery(resize2fs is built statically) I have no idea how TDB enabled recovieries work with that though - I don't use them anymore. I use ether SR or TWRP.(my version without TDB).

@Khaon it works with any recovery(resize2fs is built statically) I have no idea how TDB enabled recovieries work with that though - I don't use them anymore. I use ether SR or TWRP.(my version without TDB).
Oh thx for the clarification, I see yeah my binary is not built statically indeed that's why it wouldn't not work out the box with twrp I assume.?

How could I save settings of processor and governor in the performance menu for every performance mode (e.g. balanced, performance)? Every time I change the performance mode it returns to the previous option.

Oh thx for the clarification, I see yeah my binary is not built statically indeed that's why it wouldn't not work out the box with twrp I assume.?
This and some other patches mi2 needs are not yet merged to CM. keep that in mind before building and publishing ROM's.

Easy solution for GAPPS problems
this miflash package resizes your system partition without taking space from your data partition by removing the system2 partitions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=8360#downloads

This means you can easily change ur partition table using miflash and you'll get rid of system2 as a preparation for the upcoming GRUB4Android project the same time.