Does an external mic work with a USB-C connection?

Saint*112

Members
Jun 30, 2021
Still trying to help here, so I assume you got the splitter cable and it didn't work with video recordings, did it work with the sound recorder app? By the way the sequence for connecting is first mic in the splitter, then into the phone if the splitter is working you should see a headset icon in the status bar. What camera app are you using for the videos? If sound recorder is using the external mic, the try Open camera for videos.

Thanks for your kind help.
Still trying to help here, so I assume you got the splitter cable and it didn't work with video recordings, did it work with the sound recorder app?
I hadn't but I just tried: it doesn't work.
I do videos with a Hohem gimbal that has its own video app. I hadn't but I just tried: it doesn't work either.
By the way the sequence for connecting is first mic in the splitter, then into the phone if the splitter is working you should see a headset icon in the status bar.
Nope.
If sound recorder is using the external mic, the try Open camera for videos.
What is that?
After discussing the topic on other forums it seems that all the devices and apps I am using are OK and the issue is that the Redmi is not designed to work with an external mic.
Someone talked about VOLT but I have no clue about what it is (an app? a parameter?) and how to tweak it.
Is it possible to contact Xiaomi people directly?
Nick