Does MIUI work for tablets?

Discussion in 'Mi General' started by m12345, Oct 14, 2012.

1. m12345

m12345Members

Oct 14, 2012
    Male
    I currently have MIUI for my phone, but I've been looking to install a custom ROM on my tablet as well, particular because here in the US it comes pre-installed with malware like CarrierIQ.

In particular, I'm interested in whether MIUI will work on my Samsung Galaxy 8.9 tablet. I noticed it wasn't on the official list of supported devices.

If not, can any of you that are rather informed in this area suggest a custom ROM that will be compatible for my tablet? Much thanks in advance!

2. Angelo

AngeloMembers

Feb 18, 2012
    Great question, I am also interested as I am thinking of getting the ASUS Padfone2 and would like to know if MIUI could get adapted to the larger tablet screen as well!

3. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Answering the threads question: yes, MIUI works with tablet.. But currently only Nexus 7 is supported.

Sent from my MIUI Nexus S Jelly Bean.

4. spthacker

spthackerMembers

Jul 5, 2012
    Male
    Supported in the very rough sense of the word as it's just the phone version ported across and it's awful tbh.....

Sent from my MIUI powered HOX

5. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Yes. I agree. But its something, compares to other tablets mentioned that don't have MIUI at all (or the ports exist but in early stage)

6. spthacker

spthackerMembers

Jul 5, 2012
    Male
    Anyway of getting miui to look at it properly?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Share Our Site