Donate Mark for new phone to continue development of MIUI 1.3.11 Gingerbread?

JohnnyBeGood

Members
Feb 23, 2011
Hi all!

I have HTC EVO 4G and reading front page news it seems like for me that new version was not released for the phone that markhuk has. Can we all chip in and gather enough to buy him new phone so this dev. can continue.

Your thoughts?

Sounds good... set up the account and stuff and Im sure more people will jump in...

Hi Guys,

the Nexus S is £429.99 SIM-Free in the UK, i'm about 300 short to buy it. I Do not expect people here to fund this, nor would I feel comfortable with that.

Thanks though dudes.

Mark

mark not having the nexus s is not the problem.. even if he has the nexus s, his capabilities of porting it to other phones are limited... i might be wrong but MIUI is not an open source so all mark does mostly is deodexed then translate the rom.. which is a lot of work.. dont get me wrong. all im saying is mark getting a new phone will not help.. we have to wait till the chinese dev release it to whatever phones that are compatible with 2.3.3.

I believe the chinese site said in an update that the new GB release will work on all the CM-developed phones, which the EVO is a part of. The EVO is very similar to the Nexus One hardware-wise, so if something works on it, that means it can usually be done on the EVO with minimum hacking.

Hi Guys,

the Nexus S is £429.99 SIM-Free in the UK, i'm about 300 short to buy it. I Do not expect people here to fund this, nor would I feel comfortable with that.

Thanks though dudes.

Mark
No problem. It was just an idea.

They didn't specify a date for the N1, but it does clearly say it will be released in the coming weeks; so I don't know what the big deal is. The N1 didn't get it first, so what, it'll get the update none-the-less.

I've donated right now. For Nexus S, for new laptop, whatever it will be. I'm happy to donate just to say "thank you" for all his work and help :)

Anyone who would like to donate to this cause should click THIS LINK.

Seriously, if each active member of this forum donates US$0.50, we can get the nexus s easily.

Donated too.Not much left on my account though so the amount is not that great.

Hi Guys,

Thanks though dudes.

Mark

Mark, you may not expect, or like it, but we want to do it. So you are getting it, as a thank you gift from all of us. :D

Once you get Nexus S, I hope you will not forget Nexus One. I still love it, and use it... :)