Donate Mark for new phone to continue development of MIUI 1.3.11 Gingerbread?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

the Nexus S is £429.99 SIM-Free in the UK, i'm about 300 short to buy it. I Do not expect people here to fund this, nor would I feel comfortable with that.

Thanks though dudes.

Mark

Nov 7, 2010
mark not having the nexus s is not the problem.. even if he has the nexus s, his capabilities of porting it to other phones are limited... i might be wrong but MIUI is not an open source so all mark does mostly is deodexed then translate the rom.. which is a lot of work.. dont get me wrong. all im saying is mark getting a new phone will not help.. we have to wait till the chinese dev release it to whatever phones that are compatible with 2.3.3.

Dec 19, 2010
I believe the chinese site said in an update that the new GB release will work on all the CM-developed phones, which the EVO is a part of. The EVO is very similar to the Nexus One hardware-wise, so if something works on it, that means it can usually be done on the EVO with minimum hacking.

Nov 24, 2010
They didn't specify a date for the N1, but it does clearly say it will be released in the coming weeks; so I don't know what the big deal is. The N1 didn't get it first, so what, it'll get the update none-the-less.

Mish

MIUI Android Staff
Nov 7, 2010
I've donated right now. For Nexus S, for new laptop, whatever it will be. I'm happy to donate just to say "thank you" for all his work and help :)

Nov 7, 2010
Hi Guys,

the Nexus S is £429.99 SIM-Free in the UK, i'm about 300 short to buy it. I Do not expect people here to fund this, nor would I feel comfortable with that.

Thanks though dudes.

Mark
Mark, you may not expect, or like it, but we want to do it. So you are getting it, as a thank you gift from all of us. :D

Once you get Nexus S, I hope you will not forget Nexus One. I still love it, and use it... :)