New Dowloanded and attached files bug

Bix22

Members
Nov 23, 2020
Good morning everyone, I'm going crazy with a problem on my Mi 10.
When I download a file from a browser, an app or a mail and I click on the notification (of ended dowload) it doesn't open the menu for selecting the app i want to open with but ,instead, it open a "Share" menu like the file attached and I can't open the file. (sometimes with the Mail icon, sometimes with an other one, but the problem remains)
I had to go in the file manager but sometimes it works, sometimes it tell me that the file is impossibile to open.
Also, together wit this problem, I can't attach or upload a file in an app, mail or browser: it let me chose the file but the upload never starts, never. It worked only if I use the "Send" button and chose the app (not everytime).
I tried everything: update every app, reset the settings, ecc but nothing worked.
is it a bug? Someone please knows a solution?
Thank you very much!

1608808161055.jpg1608808161061.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, I'm going crazy with a problem on my Mi 10.
When I download a file from a browser, an app or a mail and I click on the notification (of ended dowload) it doesn't open the menu for selecting the app i want to open with but ,instead, it open a "Share" menu like the file attached and I can't open the file. (sometimes with the Mail icon, sometimes with an other one, but the problem remains)
I had to go in the file manager but sometimes it works, sometimes it tell me that the file is impossibile to open.
Also, together wit this problem, I can't attach or upload a file in an app, mail or browser: it let me chose the file but the upload never starts, never. It worked only if I use the "Send" button and chose the app (not everytime).
I tried everything: update every app, reset the settings, ecc but nothing worked.
is it a bug? Someone please knows a solution?
Thank you very much!

View attachment 33578View attachment 33579
Enabling MIUI Optimisation in Devolver Options definitely works.

@suedenym Looks like you don't know what you are talking about.
This forum is a custom ROM project and MIUI Optimization is enabled by default, it can't be disabled!

This forum is a custom ROM project and MIUI Optimization is enabled by default, it can't be disabled!
Wrong. Your aggression is not appropriate.
It seems the Miui 12 update disabled it.
I went to Developer Options, scrolled down to Miui Optimisation and found the box unchecked. It was checked prior to the Miui 12 update and the problem occured immediately afterwards so I presume the update unchecked it.
I then checked the Miui Optimisation box and I could attached files as usual to emails.
To help your accuracy, I have just gone to Developer Options again and found that I can disable it and re-enable it at will. In case you don't know about Developer Options do the following:
To enable Developer Options, open the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom, and tap About Phone. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find the Build Number. Tap the Build number field seven times to enable Developer Options.
I hope this helps.

I have attached screenshots of Miui Optimisation options disabled and enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-07-12-17-38-377_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-12-17-38-377_com.android.settings.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot_2021-03-07-12-17-45-351_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-07-12-17-45-351_com.android.settings.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 572