Downgrade MIUI12.5, android 11 to MIUI10, android 9

OiKipi

Members
May 6, 2022
Hello everyone, I am new here on the forum, so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have a smartphone "Redmi note 8 - ginkgo", he is in version miui12.5, android 11. This version was installed cleanly through orange fox, but even so it is very slow, the system can not hold the applications in the background, is a matter of 30-60 seconds in the background and when I return to them, already reload, in addition, the Wi-Fi is disconnecting alone.

So I thought about downgrading:
Researching deep, I discovered something related to anti rollback (ARB) implemented in android 8+. Both the rom installed on the phone and the rom you want to install, have ARB, and some sites said that if the ARB of the rom you want to install is equal or greater, you can install normally, if it is less than the ARB of the rom installed on the phone, high risk of brick.

I wonder if the only rule that prevents downgrading is only this anti rollback, or if there is something else that I don't know.

My RN8 smartphone has antirollback (1), and the rom that I would like to install "miui 10, android 9" has antirollback (1), in theory you can flash through "XiaomiADBFastbootTools" or "mi flash" no problem right?

Remembering that I am trying to move from android 11 to android 9, I can do this?

Summary:
I would like to downgrade from miui 12.5, android 11 to miui 10, android 9 for performance reasons. I have antirollback same as the rom i want to install and also have unlocked bootloader with orange fox installed.

Sorry if some sentences don't make sense, I am using translation software

Reactions: Droidman99
Hello everyone, I am new here on the forum, so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have a smartphone "Redmi note 8 - ginkgo", he is in version miui12.5, android 11. This version was installed cleanly through orange fox, but even so it is very slow, the system can not hold the applications in the background, is a matter of 30-60 seconds in the background and when I return to them, already reload, in addition, the Wi-Fi is disconnecting alone.

Researching deep, I discovered something related to anti rollback (ARB) implemented in android 8+. Both the rom installed on the phone and the rom you want to install, have ARB, and some sites said that if the ARB of the rom you want to install is equal or greater, you can install normally, if it is less than the ARB of the rom installed on the phone, high risk of brick.

I wonder if the only rule that prevents downgrading is only this anti rollback, or if there is something else that I don't know.

My RN8 smartphone has antirollback (1), and the rom that I would like to install "miui 10, android 9" has antirollback (1), in theory you can flash through "XiaomiADBFastbootTools" or "mi flash" no problem right?

Remembering that I am trying to move from android 11 to android 9, I can do this?

Summary:
I would like to downgrade from miui 12.5, android 11 to miui 10, android 9 for performance reasons. I have antirollback same as the rom i want to install and also have unlocked bootloader with orange fox installed.

Hi, I have a Redmi note 8 (Ginkgo) global version, and I upgraded with OTA to Miui 12.5 Android 11 (enhanced) version but it has a lot of bugs and poor performance.
So i decided to unlock bootloader and install orange Fox. so I downloaded Xiaomi.eu Rom Miui 11 Android 9 so I performed a clean install, wiping all data and storage and now I'm on Miui 11.0.7 android 9 without any issue, the phone is very fast and responsive, no issues with wifi at all.
Probably you can also download the Xiaomi.eu Rom to your SD card and flash it with orange fox without any problem with roll back.
Cause you are installing a custom rom not an official.

Reactions: Droidman99

Summary:

Brother i'm also using redmi note 8 global version and also i need to downgrade my mobile to miui 11 and android 9 could you please help me for that.i need download miui 11 recovery rom.