EU Gateway & China Sensors

pinni83

Members
Feb 16, 2011
I have the chinese gateway with door an temperature sensors for example. I saw, that these are now also on EU server. So, I bought an MI Home EU-Gateway. I could add Door-sensors to the gateway, but when I select the temperature-sensors, I get the message that they are not supported by my gateway. So, why are they in the App under EU-server? cann I use them on this server with a different gateway? Aqara-Gateway?

I have the chinese gateway with door an temperature sensors for example. I saw, that these are now also on EU server. So, I bought an MI Home EU-Gateway. I could add Door-sensors to the gateway, but when I select the temperature-sensors, I get the message that they are not supported by my gateway. So, why are they in the App under EU-server? cann I use them on this server with a different gateway? Aqara-Gateway?
Using EU only Gateway you can use EU only sensors. China sensors are not working in EU gateway.
At least so I have heard.

Hi, I'am new and don't have an Aqara hub yet. The main question I have is, what version Hub I would buy, Chinese or EU. I can trying to find relevant info on the internet, but I can't find any usefull information. I hope someone can answer my questions.
1. when I buy a Chinese version, can I connect it to a EU server.
2. and when this is possible what devices will work? and must it be EU verions of it
3. when I buy an EU version and connected to an EU server, will Chinese devices work. And if so, what devices will work.

can someone help me?

1. Chinese version only works on China server.
2. -
3. All EU sensors that I tried, work on china hub/server and eu hub/server. Sensors that you can only buy in china only work on china server/gateway. For example, chinese window/door sensors also work on the eu-hub because they are the same that you can buy in EU. I think, all sensors that you can buy also here, work with the china hub.

Advantage China hub: every sensor (no matter if EU or China) seems to work
Disadvantage China hub: only works on chinese server. The problem there is, that it is VERY slowly when you are not in China because of the big firewall. Also Google push notifications don't work reliable. Sometimes I get a notification 20 minutes after the event, sometimes instantly.

Advantage EU hub: Fast EU server, instant notifications, everything works as it should be
Disadvantage EU hub: Only EU sensors work, so you have a VERY small choice. No wall switches, no fire sensors, no relays, etc. Not really a smart home.

Conclusion: At the moment, I would not buy a Mi smart home again (no matter if chinese or EU). But when they release more sensors here, it will be a good choice to buy the EU hub.

Reactions: Gerry003
The main problem, at least in my hands, is that I cannot connect my EU hub to the Chinese server. I would not mind it, if it helped to get the stuff working, but the hub just isn't recognised in the Mi home app when I am logged in to the Chinese server.

The main problem, at least in my hands, is that I cannot connect my EU hub to the Chinese server. I would not mind it, if it helped to get the stuff working, but the hub just isn't recognised in the Mi home app when I am logged in to the Chinese server.
Hard coded to work on EU servers only.

Hard coded to work on EU servers only.

With which I would not have any problem, if it worked with Alexa or IFTTT or Tuya, or at least as a proper Zigbee hub. As it is now, I have to say that the EU hub was a big waste of money. I have the sensors that came with the kit (2 door sensors, two motion sensors, and a button), and cannot do anything with them other than let the hub beep or light up? I never expected such a disappointment from Xiaomi!