failed to mount system root no such file or directory

Jaacker

Members
May 6, 2021
Hello, sorry for the bothering but i recently decided to change of Rom, from Arrow Os to Crdroid, just when i was preparing everything and having to redo some steps because i didnt knew that Crdroid didnt came with Gapps i came across this
"failed to mount:system/root no such file or directory"
after seeing this i decided to grab the Fastboot version of the Official Rom in this phone, the Redmi 9t. and it works normally up to that point, but now whenever i Install the TWRP of https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-5-a10-twrp-unnoficial-for-lime-redmi9t-beta.4233045/ whenever i proceed to install the new Rom i come across this problem always, is there something i can do to fix this so i can mod my phone?
edit: i also have to mention that i tried the Poco M3 version of TWRP (since they are also "juice") but the problem repeats itself too. right now i dont have any idea how to fix this or what exactly triggers this problem. i already tried like 4 times already redoing the same steps but it always ends up with the same error on top of a Bootloop or a new problem comes up as "unable to decrypt fbe device"

i decided to grab the Fastboot version of the Official Rom in this phone, the Redmi 9t.
What version of fastboot rom did you install?
The twrp in the post you linked to seems to be for Android 10.

What version of fastboot rom did you install?
The twrp in the post you linked to seems to be for Android 10.
the latest one found in this of my phone
so the problem seems to be that i need to download an old rom for my phone with android 10?
honestly if the problem is an old twrp then i dont know what to do, that is the only one available for the phone besides the Poco m3 one and i think that one was the one that triggered "unable to decrypt fbe device"

You could simply post the version number. Much more straightforward that way
the actual version is V12.5.9.0.RJQMIXM, the version i had when i first got the phone and added twrp was V12.0.8.0.QJQMIXM
The problem is you need to find a TWRP that is compatible with your current rom version.
there is none, i checked in both xda and here and there is no official or unofficial twrp for the current version of my phone. I will download the version i had at the time then try again.
edit: I just checked in this forum the twrp list. and i noticed that it has a newer version. i will try with that one later tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: geoorg
now it works, thanks for pointing that out, i wouldnt have noticed the Android problem easily (or the fact that someone bothered to update the twrp for my device)