Feature request: Disable Device ID out of the box, "Install via USB" and "Secure settings" developer options, Digital Wellbeing on ROM

bugmenot1

Members
May 4, 2014
First and foremost, thank you for the excellent ROM compared to the MIUI Global, its' got barely any apps to debloat, I don't even cared about debloating since all the apps I debloat from the MIUI Global ROM is gone.

I have several suggestions:
  1. Disable Device ID for personalized ads out of the box.
  2. Enable Install via USB and USB Debugging (Security Settings) without a valid Mi Account and a valid SIM. Currently, it requires both to be present.
  3. Integrate Digital Wellbeing to the rom. Sideloading currently breaks Wind Down. (consider this a low priority, since we already have screen time)
As always, thank you for the excellent release.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-18-06-449_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-18-06-449_com.android.settings.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-18-11-229_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-18-11-229_com.android.settings.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 478
  • Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-16-52-955_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-05-12-16-52-955_com.android.settings.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 857
Rounded corners on the personal picture aod would be brilliant,thank you for everything

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

First and foremost, thank you for the excellent ROM compared to the MIUI Global, its' got barely any apps to debloat, I don't even cared about debloating since all the apps I debloat from the MIUI Global ROM is gone.

I have several suggestions:
  1. Disable Device ID for personalized ads out of the box.
  2. Enable Install via USB and USB Debugging (Security Settings) without a valid Mi Account and a valid SIM. Currently, it requires both to be present.
  3. Integrate Digital Wellbeing to the rom. Sideloading currently breaks Wind Down. (consider this a low priority, since we already have screen time)
As always, thank you for the excellent release.
1. Will see what can be done about it.
2. Valid point, will be done. (EDIT: Done)
3. No thanks. Don't install it normally, you have to add it as a system app with TWRP (or make a flashable ZIP and flash it with each ROM update).

Rounded corners on the personal picture aod would be brilliant,thank you for everything

Hardly a priority...

Last edited:
ah yeah, fair point there. very annoying to have to register a mi account for that.

Oh, ok if you can sideload it. Good enough.

2. Valid point, will be done.
3. No thanks. Don't install it normally, you have to add it as a system app with TWRP (or make a flashable ZIP and flash it with each ROM update).

Hardly a priority...
No,not really priority.but you know media volume would be very handy in auto tasks too

2. Valid point, will be done. (EDIT: Done)

Hardly a priority...
Does this feature is included on xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_V11.0.4.0.PCOCNXM_v11-9.zip?

Does this feature is included on xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_V11.0.4.0.PCOCNXM_v11-9.zip?
1. Which feature is "this" referring to?
2. I don't remember changes for every single release for every single device. Test for yourself.

Okay then, I already have it enabled and don't want to test it fear of needing to register for a Mi Account.