Flashing Official Nightly build over older Official nightly build. With locked BL

Profixit

Members
Mar 15, 2021
As the title says. Mi 11 Pro
Using the Mi Flash Tool can I flash, checking the little box the says *clear all and lock"
Can I also flash a lower version ROM over a higher version.
I understand, you can fastboot install and OTA install.
The ROM's are all official China ROM's.

As the title says. Mi 11 Pro
Using the Mi Flash Tool can I flash, checking the little box the says *clear all and lock"
Can I also flash a lower version ROM over a higher version.
I understand, you can fastboot install and OTA install.
The ROM's are all official China ROM's.
Technically no, as there is anti-rollback code in the install files, but if you remove that code you should be able to roll back. But if you are going from nightly (beta) to stable, you may have to format your storage first. I know coming from xioami.eu weekly to stable, you need to do that.

Reactions: Profixit
Thanks, I remember seeing a YouTube video, were they where deleted.
Those nightly builds are buggy and I would like to install the latest stable China ROM.
If xioami.eu doesn't work out for me, I want options to fall back on.
One cool thing on my phone's official nightly build form the seller is Goggle play has been permanently installed, but I'm not sure if the has anything to do with the ROM, or the seller added it.

You unlock once after you install any rom. (Stock, Eu rom, AOSP).

Miflash select "clean all"

Last edited:
Reactions: Profixit
Thanks, I remember seeing a YouTube video, were they where deleted.
Those nightly builds are buggy and I would like to install the latest stable China ROM.
If xioami.eu doesn't work out for me, I want options to fall back on.
One cool thing on my phone's official nightly build form the seller is Goggle play has been permanently installed, but I'm not sure if the has anything to do with the ROM, or the seller added it.
The seller added it, as there are no Google services in China.

Reactions: Profixit and JiaiJ