Free Up Available Ram - Light Rom/settings?

shaglord

Members
Jul 23, 2016
Hey!

I used to run a 2GB ram phone before switching to the mimax 3GB and I frankly get more apps closed (lack of ram) on the mimax than the old phone.

I'm already freezing apps with titanium and running my own brew of battery saving apps instead of the Miui ones. Battery is fine but I feel my apps are closed too frequently.

Does anyone else have this problem and who is tired of it?

I wish there could be a way to run the rom ultra light and leave more resources to the user. Lollipop on the G2 had system using around 0.9/2.0GB ram.

On the Mimax I'm rarely over 1GB available ram. It's just sad and it feels like a bad solution just to buy the 4GB version just to allow for a memory wasteful rom.

Running aosp is also not an option since it would probably break the camera quality and fingerprint sensor. Just a light stock rom would be nice. Know of any?

/s

Edit: Yes I'm running the latest weekly. Right now it's 6.9.8.

Reactions: naxoxp
Why not use the ram when you have it? Whats the need of 4 GB ram if you never want to use more than 1.5?

I get 1.3G free average.... I just switched off miui optimisation from developer option.. And battery saver off. Without 3rd party app, I just go to current process and clears them if I need.. Then it frees up to 1.9G at times..

Why not use the ram when you have it? Whats the need of 4 GB ram if you never want to use more than 1.5?

The phone is force closing apps! It's a problem...

I get 1.3G free average.... I just switched off miui optimisation from developer option.. And battery saver off. Without 3rd party app, I just go to current process and clears them if I need.. Then it frees up to 1.9G at times..

Hey toonzever! Great tip. This freed up almost 400MB. I don't need the xiaomi battery saving optimizations, got them through third party apps at a fraction of the memory usage.

I'm on something the chinese call "russian rom". It gets 200-300 MB more free ram compared to global. On top of that, now with your tip I can get 2.0GB free. Cheers! (I have seen screenshots of other people with 2.4/3GB free. How I have no clue but your tip got me a step closer.)

For people with same concern I suggest to start with turning off miui optimizations and run third party battery apps (greenify, leandroid, amplify, powernap). If you want to free up another few hundred MB then run the "russian rom". I can't see any difference with this rom. Nothing seems to be missing. Status bar is merely slightly different. Not worse...

/s

But it's not running out of ram. The point of having more ram is to keep more loaded and ready for action.

On phones with less ram this is a problem, because it has to close apps all the time.

Hey toonzever! Great tip. This freed up almost 400MB. I don't need the xiaomi battery saving optimizations, got them through third party apps at a fraction of the memory usage.

I'm on something the chinese call "russian rom". It gets 200-300 MB more free ram compared to global. On top of that, now with your tip I can get 2.0GB free. Cheers! (I have seen screenshots of other people with 2.4/3GB free. How I have no clue but your tip got me a step closer.)

For people with same concern I suggest to start with turning off miui optimizations and run third party battery apps (greenify, leandroid, amplify, powernap). If you want to free up another few hundred MB then run the "russian rom". I can't see any difference with this rom. Nothing seems to be missing. Status bar is merely slightly different. Not worse...

/s
Kkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiikikiiiikkkiiokiikiikiikiikkkikkikikkikjiikiijkkkikkkokiikijiiiiiiiokkikkkikikikikiikikiiikkkikuikiikikikkiikkuikikikkikkkkkiikikiiikokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkikjjjjkkkkkkjkkjjkjjjkkjjiijkiikjkiiikkkiukijkjkkkkkkkkikkkikikkkkkiikikkkkkkikiiikiikiiijkuiiiiukikkikiiiiukikiiokiik8o8iíuikkiikkiikijkikiikiuokikkikikikkkiikkkkuiiikoikiikikikioikiikikikikkikikoiioikkkiikouk

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk