GB final?

1982Strand

Members
Apr 2, 2011
Soo.. No changelog for GB this week? No changes for 2.3.16?

And no info about we get no info? He..

I think we can all agree that ICS is the buzz right now, but can we expect a final GB version anytime soon? I'm (obviously) a GB user and it feels like it's just been left for a newer toy :)

The ROMs are built but i've not uploaded due to major issues on an ICS build I need to fix as it effects my daily phone as well as other peoples

But are MIUI china saying anything about the GB beta going to stable/final? I mean, i don't see much sense in the weekly updates if no substantial development is done with them...? Well, i got a few more questions:
Havn't MIUI posted a GB changelog?
Future plans of GB builds?
Any "official" porting of ICS stuff to GB?

I ask because it seems the staff here are our middle-man bewteen us and MIUI china, so i dare to think they are actually talking to them and thus knows more than us, the average users.. I don't speak or read chinese, so their forums (which probably answers all my questions) are useless to me. (Google translate... No.. Just.. No)

But are MIUI china saying anything about the GB beta going to stable/final? I mean, i don't see much sense in the weekly updates if no substantial development is done with them...? Well, i got a few more questions:
Havn't MIUI posted a GB changelog?
Future plans of GB builds?
Any "official" porting of ICS stuff to GB?

I ask because it seems the staff here are our middle-man bewteen us and MIUI china, so i dare to think they are actually talking to them and thus knows more than us, the average users.. I don't speak or read chinese, so their forums (which probably answers all my questions) are useless to me. (Google translate... No.. Just.. No)

Hi,

MIUI China/Xiaomi & MIUI Android have a strong partnership if not, the strongest partnership outside of China, basically we are there international arm for MIUI as it stands. Despite that, there are sometimes language barriers and understanding issues as to what MIUI Android and end users require, need or expect and so on, though we are in regular contact with Xiaomi Management and Developers.to bridge that gap rather than widen it.

Sometimes it can be difficult and sometimes not, its all part of the job i guess (though we do it for free and on personal time).

As for GB Development I very much doubt there will ever be a FINAL GB Build as over time new features may or may not be added or a bug issue may arise at some point. One or two features have already been ported from ICS to GB (Compatible Features). MIUI GB is pretty much stable now but regarded as OPEN to further development.

As far as Im aware the changelog is probably non existent or tiny, but its important that we keep with the weekly builds and build dates of MIUI GB, the roms are freshly obtained with the Build Date 3.3.16 - Of Course Mark will elaborate on this if need be.

You are very right to post your concerns as it helps US to monitor user experience and further helps us to DO OUR BEST to translate this to Xiaomi thus sometimes difficult, but we are very persistant in our goals and objectives for the benefit of MIUI and the Wider MIUI Community.

Regards