New Google Pay problem impossible to fix

LucaM

Members
Apr 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I use xiaomi.eu weekly ROM on my Mi Note 3 and I can't fix Google Pay problem.
I can normally add cards but I can't set contactless payment in stores, and I've tried with multiple cards and multiple banks.

Obviously I've already tried the admin solution (delete Google Pay and Play Services data) multiple times, uninstalled Google Pay and reinstalled without automatic restore, ecc.

I'd love to continue using this ROM but I really need Google Pay.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much.

Does not work. I have truly tried many times and many options. With cleanning Google Play Services, removing .gms folder, installing Magisk, etc. There is almost possibility, that I have fulfilled all possible options. NOTHING!

Tha last chance. I am going to MiFlash MIX 3 with global ROM (with blocking bootloade option). After that I will repeatedly install TWRP, MIUI Polska/EU. After I will do that, I will try to add the card to Google Pay app. If I failed, I would reconsider coming back to global system,

After unistall magisk and delete com .google.android.gms folder from twrp i fix it, but now i don't know if i can reinstall magisk. It's so annoying

UPDATE: After reinstall magisk and hide google pay from magisk hide still not working.. i changed rom with a simil android stock and now google pay work without issue and i have magisk installed. I love xiaomi eu rom, but this is a big problem.

Last edited:
it is a problem of Google service. you have to uninstall the google play service update in manage app in settings. then install google pay.

I have tried clearing cache/data from nfc services/play store/play services and restarting phone. Then hiding everything in magisk and restarting phone. Ensure NFC is set to use HCI and not sim. It was working until yesterday until my Mi9 chinese unlocked bootloader global rom updated to latest weekly update. I also use magisk 19. It is now not working and no matter what I do I can't get it to work

I noticed this.
2 stable roms ago, i started having issues with Gpay.
Sometimes It was stopping working and I got the infamous error message everytime I tryed to re-add my credit card.
The only way to get partially back to work was purging some google apps and deleting a folder in Twrp.
But after "some days" the problem comed back.
Then I noticed that the problem come back not random but happened every time I tryed to spend more than 25€ (the amount of money that require unlocking phone).
So I used only for small payments and all worked fine for some days.
Until It stopped working in every case, no matter what i tryed to do.

But after the last stable rom, it came back to work.
I did lots of payments in the last 3-4 weeks, small or big i have no more issues at all.
Don't know if it was totally fault of google or a partial fault of the old stable rom for having maybe some small security issues (that Gpay app didn't liked)...
Anyway, now it works fine.

Hope to see "ok google" working for the next stable rom ;)

Hmmm....
I have tried to install dev ROM. Last, previous, etc. In any case I was able to do only one payment. After that system noticed me "You can't pay with that device. It is probable that it was rooted".
I tried to install "clean" ROM Xiaomi EU, just after MiFlash a few times.
I am not sure if there is problem with the newest devices - Mi 9 and Mi MIX 3.
For now time being I'm with global ROM, due to lack of possibility Google Pay usage... :(

I've read that there was a Google Play Services update which has broken GPay for most users. Magisk also aren't taking it as a priority right now either. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link elsewhere in here, but if you Google "Google Pay Magisk Discussion" there's a thread on XDA with temporary workarounds.

I've read that there was a Google Play Services update which has broken GPay for most users. Magisk also aren't taking it as a priority right now either. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link elsewhere in here, but if you Google "Google Pay Magisk Discussion" there's a thread on XDA with temporary workarounds.

Heh, I know that there is temporary solution, but I do not wanna to combine with Magisk and another third party apps. A few,maybe several ROMs ago Google Pay had worked great. I do really like to see now the same. :)
I think it is necessary to wait... ;)

Hey guys,
I have been dealing with the same issues, cards get deleted after a few days, tried pretty much everything. Anyone has a solution?

I don't have root, just stock MIUI 11.
Thanks!

@jpablodib if you have official MIUI ROM, I mean global ROM, preinstalled, you shold not have any problems with NFC payement system. Or maybe you have unlocked bootloader, instead of global MIUI ROM. Unlocked bootloader is a factor due to which Google Pay treats the phone as unsecured.

Try Magisk Hide + Change Magisk Package name (in Magisk Manager settings) . Those work for my banking app.

Ok, I checked @mrosi and the device is locked.

So, every 3 or so days all my cards are wiped out of the app. This happens because apparently it logs out and makes me choose an account with which to use GPay. Sometimes it doesn't even log e out and the cards lose their "instore" payment privileges. If I register a card I can use the app perfectly fine but for a short time. Varies from time to time.

I have a Mi 9, bootloader locked, miui 11 and the same problem happened in Miui 10. The device has around 8 months or so and has always had the same problem. Everything else works perfectly fine.

I contacted google 4 times(install uninstall the app, block the app from being deleted in the cache (security app), etc) about this and the last time they told me an engineer would have to overview my problem, I'm still there.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

@jpablodib , have you tried to set default Google Pay settings? I mean clear all data of Google Pay and Google Services (the second one can be visible in Settings -> Applications -> three dots -> show systm apps), Then reboot the phone and try set bank cards set again.

@mrosi , thanks! I tried it and it actually make a reset in the app. I read that sometimes this could happen because I transferred the app from my previous phone. But had no idea how to deal with it. I'll tell you if it works in a couple of days!

Thanks a lot for your help.