Google Pay

You fixed the issue, awesome! Thanks thanks for the great job!

It needs a clean install to work

Just out of curiosity, what was the solution to make GPay work? Was it Chinese GMS being limited in functionality? We figured that this was causing location history problems

Hello all,
I am having the same issue with Google Pay on M1803D5XA with MIUI 10 8.7.19.
Credit card appears on the "Payment" screen, but when I try to "Set up contactless" it fails.
I also cannot add any "Passes". When I try to do so, it just tries to identify location using GPS and "Search loyalty programmes" returns no entries at all.
Kind regards.

Hello all,
Credit card appears on the "Payment" screen, but when I try to "Set up contactless" it fails.
I also cannot add any "Passes". When I try to do so, it just tries to identify location using GPS and "Search loyalty programmes" returns no entries at all.
Kind regards.
Same for me, seems like it's not working again on 8.7.19

Hello all,
Kind regards.
Can you try 8.7.12 release and report? Because my Play Store reverted back to the old look, yet on 8.7.12 it had the white, "new" look so there might be an issue in the latest release.

Edit. Nevermind, it still works as I was able to add my second card. Be sure to wipe your data as it is confirmed by a few people to fix the issue

Last edited:
Could you pass the recovery for mix 2s, which will update with OTA to 8.8.3
Sorry for being daft - What build is this, before I download? I have a new Mix 2s 8gb/256gb running china stable and looking to get gpay working. Looking at the gpay issues I am considering to return the phone although I love the phone so much :-(

Hi there. Does it mean that gpay will work out of the box in Chinese stable rom after side-loading google services/apps on my Mix 2s?
This xiaomi.eu Rom, not Chinese stable. That's something completely differnt. You can flash this Rom and it will work though

Reactions: harithik
Thanks Flatric. Are you referring to the global stable rom mentioned in http://en.miui.com/a-234.html link? I see from the threads that installing a global rom on chinese XE device will unlock the bootloader and will not let gpay work.
No, xiaomi.eu Rom is in now way connected to xiaomi. Xiaomi.eu is a miui custom rom. Official Roms are Chinese stable/beta and global stable/beta. You can flash this Rom (xiaomi.eu) and you'll have gpay working, however you need to unlock the bootloader at first of course. You can also flash global rom to your device, previously we couldn't use gpay with it because of the unlocked bootloader and no working magisk. We got a fix for that now and it's possible to use magisk so you can hide the unlocked bottloader. When you flash global rom to you device make sure the relock bootloader box is unchecked. If it's checked you'll brick your phone.