GPS lost signal

MARCELO KLEINKE

Members
Mar 5, 2014
I have bought a MI2S and I have many problem with GPS lost signal. It seems that the GPS sign is weak inside the phone. I have compared with another MI2S and the difference is very big. i tested them outside any buildings and clear sky.
Is there an internal antenna in the MI2S? Maybe this internal antenna is discnonnect?
I have tested with many softwares as GPSfix and it showed very low signal, few satelites.

all GPS programs as WAZE, Google MAPS, IGO, works the same.
It keeping loosing the signal many times in few minutes.

Any help?

tks

Try to downgrade to 4.1.10 with full wipe. I also had problems with GPS on latest builds.

I have bought a MI2S and I have many problem with GPS lost signal. It seems that the GPS sign is weak inside the phone. I have compared with another MI2S and the difference is very big. i tested them outside any buildings and clear sky.
Is there an internal antenna in the MI2S? Maybe this internal antenna is discnonnect?
I have tested with many softwares as GPSfix and it showed very low signal, few satelites.

all GPS programs as WAZE, Google MAPS, IGO, works the same.
It keeping loosing the signal many times in few minutes.

Any help?

tks

Hello Marcelo,
I got this problem when I changed the original battery cover with a metallic one
UT8AFujXm0XXXagOFbXF.jpg

coming back to the original cover did solve the problem for me

You all can see that, the signal of the GPS is weak.
The sky is very clean and the signal should be much better
see below:

Screenshot_2014-05-27-13-33-17.png

how can make it better?
the signal level should be more than 24.

Reactions: Michachu
Same problem here for few months already. I'm thinking about opening the phone to check for antenna connection as it was in the Samsung galaxy s1

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

You can see that, even after 5 minutes GPS turned ON, no signal or sync from the satelites.
Screenshot_2014-06-05-07-34-10.png

it should be sync after few seconds and also with a good signal, like:
Screenshot_2014-06-05-07-49-57.png