[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

Hi juste a question in the xiaomi.eu rom for Poco F3 or Poco in generally Can I choose the launcher from Poco launcher and Miuii launcher or only Poco launcher is available ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for the instructions and video on how to flash.
I have a question though, if my device comes with Global Rom, will I have to flash the China stable one first with miflash, and then install fastboot xiaomi.eu weekly rom?
Again, thanks for your amazong work!
I have this doubt too. Any help on this would be apreciated. Thx.

If you read at the very end of my post about Magisk installation without TWRP, you will see what to do to pass SafetyNet with Magisk. ;)

After enabling "MagiskHide" option, you should also hide "Google Pay" in the Magisk Hide menu, in the Magisk app (tap on the shield icon).

I don't know specifically about your device but you can get the Widevine L1 on Xiaomi.eu ROMs. :)

So no issue with HD resolution.
sir,
i got netflix update today, then my widevine from L1 changed to L3, before the upating im sure its L1, may u plz help??

sir,
i got netflix update today, then my widevine from L1 changed to L3, before the upating im sure its L1, may u plz help??
Hello,

What "DRM Info" app is saying?

If DRM Info says that your device has Widevine L1 => Try to clear "All app data" of the Netflix app. ;)

If your device has Widevine L3, I don't know how to help you... :(

If clearing "All app data" doesn't help, contact Netflix's support. :)

Reactions: zoanthropy
Hello,

If DRM Info says that your device has Widevine L1 => Try to clear "All app data" of the Netflix app. ;)

netflix shows L3, DRM info shows L1, oh my...
will try
Hello,

its back , well done , bro, so its means i always make sure the widevine via DRMinfo, right? cool

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-20-19-04-01-409_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-19-04-01-409_com.netflix.mediaclient.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 371
I am getting a bootloop from and to the bootloader screen of my Poco F3 after having followed the procedure in OP... mine is a 6/128 Poco F3 model off Amazon, I used a generic high quality USB-C cable on the first try, which would sometimes not make the phone visibile in fastboot.
Then I reflashed using the USB-C cable from the phone's own box, which made the fastboot visibile on the PC right away... but I'm still on the long haul with the unlocked bootloader screen showing after what seemed like two loops (until now).

I don't even care for an "original ROM" image at this point, I bought the F3 for the exact purpose of having a custom rooted ROM, otherwise the phone is pretty much useless to me.

On a second check, after running the batch file from command prompt (an elevated one, but I don't think it matters), I got this at the very end:

Code:
Info: total sectors = 222920664 (108847 MB)
Info: zone aligned segment0 blkaddr: 512
Info: add quota type = 0 => 4
Info: add quota type = 1 => 5
[f2fs_init_sit_area: 556]       Filling sit area at offset 0x00600000
D:\Downloads\xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_21.3.17_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows/make_f2fs failed: 3221225477
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.001s]
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

which is probably what I also got during the previous attemps.

I also attempted to "update" the images folder inside the zip by overwriting the .img files with the updated firmware files from:

no change.

I succesfully wiped userdata from stock recovery, and rebooted... and I would have loved to come back here to thank you because it finally worked, yet instead at the 20 minutes mark of the bootloader screen showing I can only thank you because you gave me a prompt even if it didn't do the job :(

EDIT: Been waiting for 33 minutes and going... yet not getting unstuck from bootloader screen :'(

EDIT 2: how do I even turn off this thing now? I kind of accepted having to wait for TWRP but there's no way to shut it down without having it reboot again!

EDIT 3: something's off with the weekly, as I just flashed the stable and it started booting on the MIUI logo after just a short while

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm looking forward to installing this ROM but does Magisk Hide work well on it and Widevine L1? Will I be able to use GPay and watch stuff in HD on Netflix even though Magisk is installed?
Thanks!

Hi,
I'm looking forward to installing this ROM but does Magisk Hide work well on it and Widevine L1? Will I be able to use GPay and watch stuff in HD on Netflix even though Magisk is installed?
Thanks!
why do you need a Magisk to mess with?

I stitched up a video of my Xiaomi.eu + Magisk installation here
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: aXeSwY
If you read at the very end of my post about Magisk installation without TWRP, you will see what to do to pass SafetyNet with Magisk.

In my case, after enabling MagiskHide and hiding magisk app, even after a reboot I do not pass SafetyNet. I don't use googlepay so I didn't hide magisk to that application.

In my case, after enabling MagiskHide and hiding magisk app, even after a reboot I do not pass SafetyNet. I don't use googlepay so I didn't hide magisk to that application.
Without knowing your ROM's version (and if it's Xiaomi.eu or Official one), I can't help you. ;)