[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

Sorry but I am on EU weekly rom and TWRP get flashed at first rom install and I get OTA as well.
TWRP is flashed in the phone at rom install. Is it clear now?
Yep. Just checked and i have twrp installed (Already got stabe eu rom) .
I was thinking since i did fastboot boot... So i never replaced the original twrp.

Hi. Can i install this rom directly, over the HentaiOS? At this time i have HentaiOS on my F3. Thank you

I cant seem to resolve my complaint after reading this thread. I did see one comment that you may not be able to copy to internal storage which may help me.

I have done TWRP and can boot into TWRP fine - i have formatted data, but when in TWRP I CANNOT add the Zip file to internal storage. It just says failed and the device has stopped working or is no longer connected. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I cant seem to resolve my complaint after reading this thread. I did see one comment that you may not be able to copy to internal storage which may help me.

I have done TWRP and can boot into TWRP fine - i have formatted data, but when in TWRP I CANNOT add the Zip file to internal storage. It just says failed and the device has stopped working or is no longer connected. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Hello,

Try to use ADB command to push (send) the zip file to the internal storage of your device. ;)

My guide is here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...l-storage-is-not-accessible.61941/post-616126

:)

Thank you for your speedy reply and advice, i did try to sideload and it got to 47% and "failed to read command: No Error"

I will try this now :)

EDIT: trying to install now! Thanks!

I have installed new rom stable v12.5.5 from v12.5.4 but the system is unstable... I can go back to v12.5.4 stable version ?

Hi there, followed the instructions and it worked, which is great, thanks.
Just out of curiosity. My phone is updating toV12.5.5.0RKHCNXM, which is the Chinese version. So, we don't have the official EU Rom, but a sort of 'skinned' Chinese rom?

Hi there, followed the instructions and it worked, which is great, thanks.
Just out of curiosity. My phone is updating toV12.5.5.0RKHCNXM, which is the Chinese version. So, we don't have the official EU Rom, but a sort of 'skinned' Chinese rom?
Hello,

You should see in phone's settings => My Device => In "MIUI Version" tile: "MIUI by xiaomi.eu". It means you installed a Xiaomi.eu ROM. :)

You see "RKHCNXM" in the ROM's filename because Xiaomi.eu ROMs are based on China ROMs, for your device. ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

You should see in phone's settings => My Device => In "MIUI Version" tile: "MIUI by xiaomi.eu". It means it's a Xiaomi.eu ROMs. :)

You see "RKHCNXM" in the ROM's filename because Xiaomi.eu ROMs are based on China ROMs, for your device. ;)

Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the explanation!

Reactions: Poney70
What is wrong about 12.5.5?
I want to update from 12.5.4
do you have Poco f3? I tried to update from 12.5.4 stable to 12.5.5 stable beta and had a very bad experience ... the whole system was lagging in animations and sound input plus all my favorite themes didn't apply regularly in dark mode because they did not change the aspect of the theme and remained as if it were the default theme with no colors applied to the settings or to the new control center etc etc ... I hope I explained myself well ... sorry for my bad english.
p.s.
if you want to try to install it, then let me know if you have also happened to have all these problems. thank you.

do you have Poco f3? I tried to update from 12.5.4 stable to 12.5.5 stable beta and had a very bad experience ... the whole system was lagging in animations and sound input plus all my favorite themes didn't apply regularly in dark mode because they did not change the aspect of the theme and remained as if it were the default theme with no colors applied to the settings or to the new control center etc etc ... I hope I explained myself well ... sorry for my bad english.
p.s.
if you want to try to install it, then let me know if you have also happened to have all these problems. thank you.
Yes, i have poco f3 6gb ram, i updated to 12.5.5 and everything seems to be good for now

I don't have any lag problems but themes are not working, I need to know if there is a way ti downgrade to 12.5.4 without formar data
there is a way to make the themes compatible, just extract the mtz file with 7zip and look for the file inside called description.xml and change the string <uiVersion>10</uiVersion> to <uiVersion>12</uiVersion> and then Save the file...

there is a way to make the themes compatible, just extract the mtz file with 7zip and look for the file inside called description.xml and change the string 10 to 12 and then Save the file...
So I need to reinstall themes?

Enviado desde mi M2012K11AC mediante Tapatalk

very strange... no lags ? themes applied in right way?
No lags, I don't have theme installed just icon pack and i use poco launcher with dark mode enabled, everything working like 12.5.4

I have animation set on 0.5x on developer options

No lags, I don't have theme installed just icon pack and i use poco launcher with dark mode enabled, everything working like 12.5.4

I have animation set on 0.5x on developer options
what??? o_O
the main reason why I switched to xiaomi.eu is to no longer have the Poco launcher buggy and without animations ... and what do you do, flash the xiaomi.eu and install the Poco launcher? lololol don't you notice it doesn't have app opening and closing animations?

So I need to reinstall themes?

yes, you have to repack mtz with that correction in description.xml file and reinstall.
but I noticed that on 12.5.5 are many many bugs ... like ok google not working and the system lagging randomly... hmmmm

go back to 12.5.4 for now is it the best solution in my case...

yes, you have to repack mtz with that correction in description.xml file and reinstall.
but I noticed that on 12.5.5 are many many bugs ... like ok google not working and the system lagging randomly... hmmmm

go back to 12.5.4 for now is it the best solution in my case...
How do you downgrade this rom, i've search for some info to do it but can not find anything, is wipe data mandatory?

How do you downgrade this rom, i've search for some info to do it but can not find anything, is wipe data mandatory?

I am not convinced you have to downgrade now. wait for next release.
I have no issue on my phone but I was able to create them while using Chrome and Google photo.
Just by memory extension set moved to ON and nothing else.
I reverted just reflashing current weekly rom in order to restart as I was before.
No more freeze up to now.
I have screen refresh set at 60Hz permanently as I do not see any 120 Hz WAOUU effect....