[GUIDE][alioth] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40

hey there,
I am currently trying to install the weekly version on my k40.

First I downloaded the zip file, extracted the contents on my computer.
Put the phone in fastboot mode and connected it to the pc.

Running the .bat gives and error message:
This package is for "alioth" devices; this is a "unknown"

the command adb devices gives this output:
List of devices attached
6814a3ed device

What could I do to enable the update - maybe remove the following lines from the batch file?
set DEVICE=unknown
for /f "tokens=2" %%D in ('platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /l /b /c:"product:"') do set DEVICE=%%D
if "%DEVICE%" neq "alioth" echo This package is for "alioth" devices; this is a "%DEVICE%". & exit /B 1

TIA

hey there,
I am currently trying to install the weekly version on my k40.

First I downloaded the zip file, extracted the contents on my computer.
Put the phone in fastboot mode and connected it to the pc.

Running the .bat gives and error message:
This package is for "alioth" devices; this is a "unknown"

the command adb devices gives this output:
List of devices attached
6814a3ed device

What could I do to enable the update - maybe remove the following lines from the batch file?
set DEVICE=unknown
for /f "tokens=2" %%D in ('platform-tools-windows\fastboot %* getvar product 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /l /b /c:"product:"') do set DEVICE=%%D
if "%DEVICE%" neq "alioth" echo This package is for "alioth" devices; this is a "%DEVICE%". & exit /B 1

TIA
That's because you bought a preinstalled phone and prop file is badly modified.
I am not sure but if you flash one latest android 11 EU rom it might/should be corrected.
If not you can do what you suggest, with little risk on this phone model.

That's because you bought a preinstalled phone and prop file is badly modified.
I am not sure but if you flash one latest android 11 EU rom it might/should be corrected.
If not you can do what you suggest, with little risk on this phone model.
I do have a weekly eu rom installed - from september...
thanks

Hii. Im sorry if im asking something thats been answered already.
Im using fully stock Poco F3 with 12.5.6 RKHEUXM rom installed.

I downloaded HMK40 Android 12 rom, can i install it just by rebooting into fastboot and running the .bat file included in the .zip or do i need to follow this >

Also , if i need to follow the guide above , should i replace TWRP.img with latest one

twrp-3.5.2-alioth-Nebrassy.img ?​

Edit: my bootloader is unlocked
Edit2:

or should i do this >

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done

Hii. Im sorry if im asking something thats been answered already.
Im using fully stock Poco F3 with 12.5.6 RKHEUXM rom installed.

I downloaded HMK40 Android 12 rom, can i install it just by rebooting into fastboot and running the .bat file included in the .zip or do i need to follow this >

Also , if i need to follow the guide above , should i replace TWRP.img with latest one

twrp-3.5.2-alioth-Nebrassy.img ?​

Edit: my bootloader is unlocked
Edit2:

or should i do this >

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

Installation via TWRP:
- Download zip to internal storage
- Updater - Menu (...) - Reboot to Recovery
- Install - Select zip
- Reboot
- Done
I didn't make it myself yet but you would need to use the .bat file.

I've been using TWRP to update each week. Now there is Android 12 version for Poco F3 but it's fastboot. Can i update safely? I am unlocked are rooted with Magisk. I heard TWRP doesn't work on Android 12, so i need to update differently (how?) Also will Magisk still work or not?

well for a start many banking type apps will not work on unlocked bootloader/custom fw and need magisk with magisk hide in order to make it work..
I use 7 different banking apps and everyone works fine on my Poco F3 (now Redmi K40) with MIUI 12.5.18.
For me is no need to root with magisk.

My Poco F3 (running latest stable xiaomi.eu ROM) keeps telling me I am on 5G network, but it looks like that is not true, by checking download speeds and also informations from CellMapper.

I have some questions:

1. can you suggest me a way to check the real network type?
2. can it depend on the baseband that xiaomi.eu is installing?

About the last question: would it be safe to flash the latest stable Europe or Global firmware files included in the following webpage? Could it help with my issue?

You'll need to download the twrp version available (this one), and rename it to «twrp.img»
then open a CMD dialog box
enter "fastboot boot twrp.img" --> twrp will be uploaded to the device (not installed), and booted
then upload the 12.5.3.0 rom to the phones memory (or use an OTG dongle with a USB stick with the rom on it)
then press install on twrp and select the new ROM

And you're done.
Hi Guys,
In the past i've used xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip to update my phone.
I would like to update to xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.18.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11
Can this be done by using the instructions of Appelsap?
And can it be done without wiping any data?

Kind regards!

Hi Guys,
In the past i've used xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.2.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip to update my phone.
I would like to update to xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.18.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11
Can this be done by using the instructions of Appelsap?
And can it be done without wiping any data?

Kind regards!
Hello,

Yes, follow instructions of @Appelsap and your data will be preserved. ;)

EDIT: Latest TWRP version for alioth by Nebrassy is 3.5.2 and is available here => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586373932

Reactions: spawntankie
latest TWRP is twrp-3.6.0_11-0-alioth

;)
Wow, I didn't know that Nebrassy also make Official TWRP releases for this device. :)

i want to try xiaomi.eu for my poco f3, it will be my first time using xiami.eu should i follow the step from first post? by installing poco f3 china(redmi k40) version and update it to the latest miui 13? then flash the zip file from first post through fastboot method?

or right now i use global 12.5 latest, i have twrp installed can i format data in twrp and directly flash xiomi.eu stable 12.5.19?

thanks