[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

I also did the same. But having few issues with push notifications in most apps and WhatsApp call notification. For example WhatsApp doesn't ring when app is not running and most of the time it doesn't display incoming calls even if it's running. I gave all the permissions to the app, set to auto start and disabled battery optimization. But still the same. I'm confused because I have a OnePlus and I never changed any app permissions to work the basic things properly.
Did you find any solution to that or you never encounter these issues with MIUI 12 chinese or EU ROMs?
I saw these problems reported by some users.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

The following settings helped me with notifications on stock ROM. From what I could remember, everything was working flawlessly (almost instant notifications for apps I needed), but as far as I could remember I was always trying to avoid exiting those apps, as an additional measure.

Settings->Apps->Manage Apps

Choose an application

So now you would be in 'App info' (for example for Gmail)

1. Get into 'autostart' and enable both options, then get back to previous level
2. Get into 'permissions' and enable at least 4 permissions at the end of the list, then get back to previous level
3. Get into 'notifications' and enable all 6 enablers, beside that, here you have to get into 'Rules for grouped notifications' and choose 'important', then get back to previous level
4. Get into 'battery saver' and choose 'no restrictions'

Voila!

Eventually I flashed EU stable :)

Reactions: rumesh
The following settings helped me with notifications on stock ROM. From what I could remember, everything was working flawlessly (almost instant notifications for apps I needed), but as far as I could remember I was always trying to avoid exiting those apps, as an additional measure.

Settings->Apps->Manage Apps

Choose an application

So now you would be in 'App info' (for example for Gmail)

1. Get into 'autostart' and enable both options, then get back to previous level
2. Get into 'permissions' and enable at least 4 permissions at the end of the list, then get back to previous level
3. Get into 'notifications' and enable all 6 enablers, beside that, here you have to get into 'Rules for grouped notifications' and choose 'important', then get back to previous level
4. Get into 'battery saver' and choose 'no restrictions'

Voila!

Eventually I flashed EU stable :)
Good point you made at the end. So in EU rom, does it come up with practical tweaks like these?
Because I already did most of the suggestions you listed in stock rom and I wanted to avoid to do manual interactions over and over again for new apps I install.
And for a side note, I some folks complaining about the camera app in EU rom. Do you encounter any bugs or issues?

Last edited:
Hi Guys

After the recent update my phone is going to a bootloop, any suggestions on how i can recover it?

Good point you made at the end. So in EU rom, does it come up with practical tweaks like these?
Because I already did most of the suggestions you listed in stock rom and I wanted to avoid to do manual interactions over and over again for new apps I install.
And for a side note, I some folks complaining about the camera app in EU rom. Do you encounter any bugs or issues?

in EU rom there is no need to do all this. All notifications are being delivered. But I feel that some notifications are somehow buffered. I see them popping up just when the phone wakes up. So that might be the case to tweak permissions. If you need them in time, I would suggest doing everything listed.
In stock ROM you would not get those notification at all without mentioned settings. In EU rom everything is getting through even though not instantly.

As for the camera app, I see no difference with stock one besides the bug with selfie video. I think I can live with it till the next stable ROM.

So, I would not get back to stock rom. Stable EU rom is pretty comfy for me :)

Reactions: rumesh
in EU rom there is no need to do all this. All notifications are being delivered. But I feel that some notifications are somehow buffered. I see them popping up just when the phone wakes up. So that might be the case to tweak permissions. If you need them in time, I would suggest doing everything listed.
In stock ROM you would not get those notification at all without mentioned settings. In EU rom everything is getting through even though not instantly.

As for the camera app, I see no difference with stock one besides the bug with selfie video. I think I can live with it till the next stable ROM.

So, I would not get back to stock rom. Stable EU rom is pretty comfy for me :)
Thanks for the reply buddy.

Hi Guys

After the recent update my phone is going to a bootloop, any suggestions on how i can recover it?
Try to go into TWRP and format data partition (in Wipe menu and then format and confirm by "yes"). Of course firstly do backup of your data before you format data partition as you will loose your data.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Try to go into TWRP and format data partition (in Wipe menu and then format and confirm by "yes"). Of course, firstly do a backup of your data before you format data partition as you will loose your data.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Thanks man , managed to fix it

If you read and understand how to unlock the bootloader, then bonding your phone fully with your account and then go through the process, you should be done in a week.
It's not hard to understand but trying to circumnavigate the system will always extend the time. As said it's all to do with your security.
Actually I figured out this eventually from random forum posts.

The reason why the unlocking wasn't working properly was that I had not enabled Find My Phone, which I find incredibly privacy invasive and I always keep it off no matter the manufacturer. But, apparently, Xiaomi requires you to give up your location for them to decrease the unlock counter. I guess this is one of those "we want to make sure you are not a reseller" type of "protections". Another issue was, and I only found out about this when I tried to enable Find My Phone, SIM activation doesn't work with roaming. My main SIM is from another EU country and I have been using roaming for years without any issues. The phone had no problem using the SIM, but Xiaomi's own "activation", whatever that is, fails silently, or doesn't happen at all, in the background.

So, all in all, the unlocking process works great, if you enable Find My Phone and don't use roaming. Hopefully my frustration helps somebody else that's also enjoying Xiaomi's wonderful unlocking process.

Actually I figured out this eventually from random forum posts.

The reason why the unlocking wasn't working properly was that I had not enabled Find My Phone, which I find incredibly privacy invasive and I always keep it off no matter the manufacturer. But, apparently, Xiaomi requires you to give up your location for them to decrease the unlock counter. I guess this is one of those "we want to make sure you are not a reseller" type of "protections". Another issue was, and I only found out about this when I tried to enable Find My Phone, SIM activation doesn't work with roaming. My main SIM is from another EU country and I have been using roaming for years without any issues. The phone had no problem using the SIM, but Xiaomi's own "activation", whatever that is, fails silently, or doesn't happen at all, in the background.

So, all in all, the unlocking process works great, if you enable Find My Phone and don't use roaming. Hopefully my frustration helps somebody else that's also enjoying Xiaomi's wonderful unlocking process.
'Find device' by Xiaomi was one of the first things I disabled back when I got the phone and was stuck with the CN ROM for a week. Unlock process worked fine after that.
That probably isn't the main reason to cause any problems there.

'Find device' by Xiaomi was one of the first things I disabled back when I got the phone and was stuck with the CN ROM for a week. Unlock process worked fine after that.
That probably isn't the main reason to cause any problems there.
Great, I was hoping somebody had done successful unlocking without find my phone so I could pinpoint which one was it. Now that I finally got that unlocking counter going down, I'm not going to test anything that might jeopardize that ;) So, the roaming is the problem. But the biggest problem for unsuspecting users is still that the activation fails silently if you don't try to enable find my phone. I also can't use roaming SIM as the default data card because that again seems to cause problems.

The same as A10. Link is on ROM download page or via http://mifirm.net

Hello mate, as I see that there's still NO actual stable rom of mi 10 ultra on xiaomi.eu. Is this rom really stable of mi 10 ultra rom (on mifirm)? Do you face any problem with current EU rom? 3 more days for me to unlock bootloader, can't wait to change to EU rom :D

The current EU stable is A10, weekly will be on third A11. I think there may be a stable A11 soon, I would hope.
The only worry about A11 weekly, well this last one from last week is that there still seems to be troubles over dual apps. I have not noticed anything other than that, that would affect daily use. The will be oddities, it's a beta ROM but I've not found any show stoppers, even all though CTS shows as failed, I can use fingerprint access to my Lloyds account again and gpay seems to be working too but 8f not, you can always use Magisk to get it running.
Once you are ready, just make sure you have a good recent off phone back up as you will wipe on unlock and first flash of the ROM will need formatting due to differences in partition tables. If you decide to switch from stable to weekly or viaversa, you will need a format for same reason, so get a back up you can access. Good luck my friend, were here if you need us.

Reactions: kelvin223
Once you are ready, just make sure you have a good recent off phone back up as you will wipe on unlock and first flash of the ROM will need formatting due to differences in partition tables. If you decide to switch from stable to weekly or viaversa, you will need a format for same reason, so get a back up you can access. Good luck my friend, were here if you need us.
Just to be sure, MIUI's own Backup/Restore tool will work between China ROM and EU ROM?

I presume so, I still had mine on another phone. If you do a miui back, make sure you take it off your phone or it will get formatted when you unlock

Reactions: foobar
The current EU stable is A10, weekly will be on third A11. I think there may be a stable A11 soon, I would hope.
The only worry about A11 weekly, well this last one from last week is that there still seems to be troubles over dual apps. I have not noticed anything other than that, that would affect daily use.

Thank you so much, I'll give it a try when my bootloader get unlock. TBH, I'm pretty happy with stock rom (smooth and good camera), but I really hate some stock app that can't be removed (even with ADB), really anoyning. And must do a lot of steps just to make app's notification show up. Thank you again and have a nice day (y)

I did everything, I'm on the weekly A11, installed magisk, magisk hide, installed the fx file explorer root, and when I ask to change the partition for reading and writing, it doesn't change, it's just read. What´s wrong???

what version of twrp for mi 10 ultra with A11 are
I did everything, I'm on the weekly A11, installed magisk, magisk hide, installed the fx file explorer root, and when I ask to change the partition for reading and writing, it doesn't change, it's just read. What´s wrong???
Due to the way the system partition works now on latest Android systems, you can no longer directly modify it as easily as before.
You need to make a Magisk module if you want any changes to be merged into /system.
Read more details here.

It's OK. The camera software is pretty junky which is pathetic because it's paired with probably the best hardware in the industry. Means nothing at all if you can't make proper use of it. Also the completely BS 960FPS advertising when it can only record less than a second of 960FPS video. Stock ROM is really buggy but at least usable I guess. I like the battery life and the fact that it's a graphene electrode battery which can charge in like 20 minutes.

I don't hate the phone but I do regret spending nearly $1000 on it. I wish my S20+ hadn't had a hardware defect that samsung refused to fix leaving me with a $750 brick only months after I bought it. I loved that phone more than anything until that experience with their warranty.
I really do hope the issues gets fixed soon. I'm thinking of selling this phone now because of the issues. I really love this phone though. Great price.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

No, it can't, as it is based on Chinese weekly or stable. There is no firmware changes to the modem, just the Data ROM.
I found the 4G to be reasonably ok but I only get it on SIM 2 as I have a O2 based provider in SIM 1, so only 3G except for a few masts not using band 20 but the 3G I get is dam strong with good data throughput.
Any idea why I lost 5g signal on the eu roms I have tryed both stable and weekly and I get the same poor signal, on China rom I got 5g and way better signal overall I'm in the usa on TMobile

Hi guys, i am on 12.0.30 stable, the ROM was installed by the seller in China before shipping, i made the Safetynet test and it failed !!
Even, on the test, it is not written MI 10 ULTRA but the serial number of the phone !! Is it normal ?
Thank you !!

Hi guys, i am on 12.0.30 stable, the ROM was installed by the seller in China before shipping, i made the Safetynet test and it failed !!
Even, on the test, it is not written MI 10 ULTRA but the serial number of the phone !! Is it normal ?
Thank you !!
What does it say? My 10 Ultra test is in attachment. It says failed on CTS but bank fingerprint works as does gpay ( at the moment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-25-19-47-29-957_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-25-19-47-29-957_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 162