[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

"We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for cas is released"

I want to flash 20.11.11/12.. But the method is different. Is twrp for cas released?

Last edited:
For those that want to update from A10 to A11 and use Magisk root, do pay attention to this post as a guide to install it.
When I flashed the update, cleared dalvik and cache, installed Magisk 21.1 right away and rebooted to system - I was sent straight into a fastboot loop. Had to boot TWRP again, flash the Magisk uninstaller zip and then follow that short guide by Poney70. That got it working again.

Is there somewere to post bugs in the software? I just updated tot 12.11.12. since the update there is an android system notification on the top warming for data usage which wont go away (unless I disable the notification but that wont really fix the problem).
Also, when I go to the top whipe down menu on the right in the left upper corner there is s button displaying data usage. When I touch that button the phone sends me to my contacts..

I've considered it. The ROM support for this phone is pretty poor. I regret purchasing it.

Even with poor ROM support it is really outstanding piece of hardware. Improved/fixed EU rom is just a matter of time.
I am having it just for 3 weeks but I am really enjoying it even on EU stable release.
What is the main reason you are going back to CN rom?

Reactions: Mark F
No, it can't, as it is based on Chinese weekly or stable. There is no firmware changes to the modem, just the Data ROM.
I found the 4G to be reasonably ok but I only get it on SIM 2 as I have a O2 based provider in SIM 1, so only 3G except for a few masts not using band 20 but the 3G I get is dam strong with good data throughput.

Reactions: dekdek1
No, it can't, as it is based on Chinese weekly or stable. There is no firmware changes to the modem, just the Data ROM.
I found the 4G to be reasonably ok but I only get it on SIM 2 as I have a O2 based provider in SIM 1, so only 3G except for a few masts not using band 20 but the 3G I get is dam strong with good data throughput.

Yea... In the city is quite strong.. But in basement parking where I usually get 4g, now is H+ or 3G.. Now I'm still using China rom.. Waiting my 168hours to unlock

I'm afraid the signal won't change but you'll have a much better ROM.
I checked against my P40 Pro+ but reported signal was the same when using network cell I do app

Reactions: dekdek1
Yes, this week's weekly. It's fine as long as you don't use dual apps. If you do they might still crash back to home screen if it's not fixed yet. I don't, so have no issues. If you are coming from weekly A10, just do a dalvik and cache wipe but if you are coming from stable or stock, get a back up off phone as you will need to do a format as there may be partition differences from them to this

Yes, this week's weekly. It's fine as long as you don't use dual apps. If you do they might still crash back to home screen if it's not fixed yet. I don't, so have no issues. If you are coming from weekly A10, just do a dalvik and cache wipe but if you are coming from stable or stock, get a back up off phone as you will need to do a format as there may be partition differences from them to this
What do you mean get a back up phone? Yes.. Im from stock china rom

I said, get a back up off phone. Because if you are coming from anything other than an EU weekly, you will need to format, so a back up will be the quickest way of getting your phone up and running again.

I said, get a back up off phone. Because if you are coming from anything other than an EU weekly, you will need to format, so a back up will be the quickest way of getting your phone up and running again.
Owh thx man.. U hv been really helpful

Reactions: Mark F
It's OK. The camera software is pretty junky which is pathetic because it's paired with probably the best hardware in the industry. Means nothing at all if you can't make proper use of it. Also the completely BS 960FPS advertising when it can only record less than a second of 960FPS video. Stock ROM is really buggy but at least usable I guess. I like the battery life and the fact that it's a graphene electrode battery which can charge in like 20 minutes.

I don't hate the phone but I do regret spending nearly $1000 on it. I wish my S20+ hadn't had a hardware defect that samsung refused to fix leaving me with a $750 brick only months after I bought it. I loved that phone more than anything until that experience with their warranty.

U mean camera software of stock or eu rom?

Both. And it's bad enough that no simple ROM is going to fix it. Someone would have to invest hundreds and hundreds of hours and have a team of people working on the camera and firmware to significantly improve it. The only likely way for that to happen is Xiaomi themselves fixing the camera firmware/software. Which is unlikely.
Have u tried *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*?

Also the completely BS 960FPS advertising when it can only record less than a second of 960FPS video.

I probably missed false advertising :)

OmniVision official site about its OV48C sensor "This sensor also offers 1080p video with slow motion support at 240 fps, as well as 720p at 360 fps."

I'm using stock china rom 12.0.13. Use ADB to uninstall more than 90% xiaomi bloatware. And everything work flawless, maybe I should stick with china rom until official EU stable rom release.

Reactions: rumesh
I'm using stock china rom 12.0.13. Use ADB to uninstall more than 90% xiaomi bloatware. And everything work flawless, maybe I should stick with china rom until official EU stable rom release.
I also did the same. But having few issues with push notifications in most apps and WhatsApp call notification. For example WhatsApp doesn't ring when app is not running and most of the time it doesn't display incoming calls even if it's running. I gave all the permissions to the app, set to auto start and disabled battery optimization. But still the same. I'm confused because I have a OnePlus and I never changed any app permissions to work the basic things properly.
Did you find any solution to that or you never encounter these issues with MIUI 12 chinese or EU ROMs?
I saw these problems reported by some users.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

I also did the same. But having few issues with push notifications in most apps and WhatsApp call notification. For example WhatsApp doesn't ring when app is not running and most of the time it doesn't display incoming calls even if it's running. I gave all the permissions to the app, set to auto start and disabled battery optimization. But still the same. I'm confused because I have a OnePlus and I never changed any app permissions to work the basic things properly.
Did you find any solution to that or you never encounter these issues with MIUI 12 chinese or EU ROMs?
I saw these problems reported by some users.

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

I also switch from oneplus to xiaomi. TBH, oneplus notification work really well, much more better than xiaomi. I did some of below method, work well for me. As I see that you may not set app to "No restriction" , and lock the app (which mean always keep app running on background)..

- Setting > manage apps > chose app you want to restric > battery saver > no restriction
- App lock : I don't know how to describe, pls watch this tutorial

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this may solve your problem.

Reactions: rumesh