[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

Thanks for your help! I will try this out!
I photographed the screen of my phone when I rebooted into recovery: first attached picture

I also screen shot the updater page in MIUI settings: second attached picture
Looks like I have weekly.
Is this a problem when changing to twrp stable now or should I change to twrp weekly to keep all data?

Attachments

• IMG-20201213-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201213-WA0000.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_2020-12-13-23-26-45-371_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-13-23-26-45-371_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 176
Is this a problem when changing to twrp stable now or should I change to twrp weekly to keep all data?

If you want to preserve your data, you have to stick with weekly. Since your weekly is Android 10, you have to look for the latest Android 10 Weekly, that seems to be https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-10-22.57990/

Either your do flash it the same way you already know (fastboot), or you go for twrp.

Just download the latest weekly, as that is what your currently using, install twrp from fastboot, reboot straight away to twrp.
Make a nandroid back up in twrp, copy it to your PC as a back up, then install latest weekly A11, wipe dalvik and cache ( not format), reboot to system. It will take a while to boot but as long as you see 5g and then miui, just wait.
If it fails, then go back to twrp and move your back up back and restore, then install each weekly in turn until you get latest.

Reactions: GregSmack
Thank you very much! Managed to get MIUI 12.1 , 20.9.3 Beta Working on mi 10 ultra! very happy!

Just a newbie question, is it possible to update the version without using TWRP? Since TWRP is not officially out yet for Mi 10 ultra.

is 20.9.3 the latest version for mi 10 ultra? thank you for your help

Yes, beta is nearly every week on a Friday. You can use your updater app in your app draw now you have twrp installed or via settings, my device and press on the 12 to get to current version and to see if there is an update.
Your version is the first via fastboot, so lots of updates including most recent A11 version.
If you want to do a manual update, then download the latest from this forums weekly thread , go to recovery and do an install via twrp, wipe dalvik and cache then select reboot system.

New update 12.0.15, looks good since this morning without lags !!

usually it's will take 5-7% of idle mode on my phone from 23 pm - 7am. But, on 12.0.5, it's took around 12-13%, what about your? Total screen on time not as good as previous stable version also (less than 1 hour)

Don't worry about fastboot, that's more for your PC.
The question is do you have twrp installed. You can see by rebooting to recovery to see. If it come up with a blue ish page something like what is in the attached, then you have.
If you haven't, then you need to, and that's when you need to use your pc and fastboot mode.
Firstly download the ROM you want to install to your PC or internal memory. Then reboot your phone to fastboot and follow the instructions on the ROM download page or use the information in the attached guide. When you reboot into recovery, you will now have twrp installed. You can mount your PC to copy your ROM over or just use twrp to INSTALL, select ROM file, swipe to install, when done you may have a page that says wipe dalvik and cache, if so, just swipe again and then reboot to system and you're done. Do not format at that stage or you will wipe your phone, just wipe dalvik and cache only.
Hope this helps but please ask if not.

Thanks man but can you give me link for this TWRP you used ?
Thanks In Advance

usually it's will take 5-7% of idle mode on my phone from 23 pm - 7am. But, on 12.0.5, it's took around 12-13%, what about your? Total screen on time not as good as previous stable version also (less than 1 hour)
For me with the last stable, from 23h30 to 06h, it took 2-3 percent on the battery, with wifi on...i think it is fine, better then the old one, before it was 5-6 percent !!

Reactions: kelvin223

Battery drain is 5% per night for me. Just restart it again after update.

The biggest issue I could notice is that this update reset autostart permission for a few apps I had changed it.

Reactions: kelvin223
For me with the last stable, from 23h30 to 06h, it took 2-3 percent on the battery, with wifi on...i think it is fine, better then the old one, before it was 5-6 percent !!

Battery drain is 5% per night for me. Just restart it again after update.

The biggest issue I could notice is that this update reset autostart permission for a few apps I had changed it.

Thank mates, after reboot to twrp and clear all davik, everything working fine as usual :D

Reactions: Mark F
Yes for Ultra
This one is for stable, you are on weekly that is why you are update on the last weekly
So my phone has nothing wrong.. Right?
Oh thank God I thought I broke my phone

So if any new updates I'll just go to Updater and download there right?

The beta is so buggy and has so many problems idk how people can use it as a daily driver
I'm using latest Android 11 beta and everything is working perfectly.. except some notificationa got delayed

Just flash "TWRP" using your pc then flash the rom using TWRP that you've just installed ( :D )
****Then format data ( backup your files first ) don't forget this step or you will stuck in bootloop...
Then reboot....
It will take about 5-10 minutes

As i said The only issue i found is delayed WhatsApp's notification.. everything is working without any issues

Have a Great Day ;)

Hello. my mobile will be unlocked tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should download the old or new TWRP. one more thing should I format data before and after I install EU Rom? or just after TWrp install . See someone Do data format after installing EU room while others format only after TWrp install. Thanks in advance for the reply and sorry for my poor English. I use google translator. This is my first time

Old or new TWRP doesn't seem to matter, both work fine so far. I'd recommend the newer one, just to be safe and possibly more future-proof.
The «format data» is necessary before installing the new .eu rom, not after. So install TWRP first, then boot into TWRP, format data, install new rom, wipe cache (not format, just wipe the cache and Dalvik), and reboot. Booting then takes quite some time, be patient.

Reactions: Abu Joseph
Old or new TWRP doesn't seem to matter, both work fine so far. I'd recommend the newer one, just to be safe and possibly more future-proof.
The «format data» is necessary before installing the new .eu rom, not after. So install TWRP first, then boot into TWRP, format data, install new rom, wipe cache (not format, just wipe the cache and Dalvik), and reboot. Booting then takes quite some time, be patient.
Thank you

There is two important differences between old and new TWRP. The new one has corrected phone model name (Mi 10 Ultra instead of Mi 10 Pro) but the new one doesn't keep language settings so each boot into recovery means Chineese language and needs to set up English language again.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

There is two important differences between old and new TWRP. The new one has corrected phone model name (Mi 10 Ultra instead of Mi 10 Pro) but the new one doesn't keep language settings so each boot into recovery means Chineese language and needs to set up English language again.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk
thanks