[GUIDE] Flashing rom Using Miflash Mi2/3

Code:
Missmatching image and device
MiFlash cant recognize your device as Mi2S.. try repartition http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi2s-extending-size-of-storage-partition.21391/

I tried repartition as you suggested, but I felt no need to extend storage partition [so I didn't change the default start/stop blocks of 26&27 partitions].

from parted, I have seen sdcard partition was formatted in FAT32:

Screenshot_2014_10_13_17_34_13.png

so I followed the guide you linked, and removed - recreated - formatted in ext4 storage partition.
then parted gave this correct output:

Screenshot_2014_10_13_17_53_57.png

then I terminated ADB session, wiped davilk cache, then rebooted into fastboot mode.
tried MiFlash once again, but error is the same:

Code:
[000010A0]CreateManagedObject(1261): Unspecified error(0x80131604)
[000010A0]GetFactoryObject(1305): Unspecified error(0x80131604)
[000010A0]CreateManagedObject(1261): Unspecified error(0x80131604)
[000010A0]GetFactoryObject(1305): Unspecified error(0x80131604)
[000010A0]GetFactoryObject(1326): The specified service does not exist.(0x800704db)
[000010A0]GetSearchPath(1381): The specified service does not exist.(0x800704db)
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.00    execute C:\Program Files (x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\aries_images_4.9.19_4.1_cn\flash_all.bat
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.05   
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.05    $fastboot -s 434c0aea getvar soc-id  2>&1  | findstr /r /c:"^soc-id: *109"  || echo Missmatching image and device
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.06    'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.06    operable program or batch file.
[000015C4]434c0aea    0.06   
[000015C4]CScriptReport::DoWork(418): Unspecified error(0xffffff01)
[000015C4]GetFactoryObject(1326): The specified service does not exist.(0x800704db)
[000015C4]SaveFlashResult(1347): The specified service does not exist.(0x800704db)

I used MiFlash exe you linked, and tried to flash last development build of MIUI.
what the heck is wrong?

many thanks for your time :)

So, if I understand well the fastboot flashing method is for bricked or "semi bricked devices". If there are no problem with the device is recommended to flash rom with recovery, that's wright or ?....

You can flash ROMs with fastboot too. But via recovery it's much easier. So use fastboot for recovery or stock image flashing.

Perhaps it's useful to note down in your guide how to make MiFlash restore the partition table as well?

By default, MiFlash just formats the partitions and flashes everything again (radio, recovery, rom, ...). If your partition table is somehow ****ed up, MiFlash will fail to recover your phone, unless you put your phone in "dload" mode. To do so, boot into fastboot mode, then in CMD type "fastboot reboot dload". Now, MiFlash will recognize your device differently and will restore the partition table as well. (Your device will show up as unrecognized under Windows, don't worry about that. MiFlash will be able to communicate with it when it shows up in the list).

This saved my device after the script to change the partition table failed, leaving my device without system partitions.

Perhaps it's useful to note down in your guide how to make MiFlash restore the partition table as well?

By default, MiFlash just formats the partitions and flashes everything again (radio, recovery, rom, ...). If your partition table is somehow ****ed up, MiFlash will fail to recover your phone, unless you put your phone in "dload" mode. To do so, boot into fastboot mode, then in CMD type "fastboot reboot dload". Now, MiFlash will recognize your device differently and will restore the partition table as well. (Your device will show up as unrecognized under Windows, don't worry about that. MiFlash will be able to communicate with it when it shows up in the list).

This saved my device after the script to change the partition table failed, leaving my device without system partitions.

you saved my day.
this was exactly what I was looking for.
thanks mate!

[Quote = "grondinm, posta: 151.174, membro: 31691"] Ciao ragazzi Questa è la mia prima guida in modo da essere gentile. Un sacco di persone che chiedono dove circa equivalente odin / Fasboot / Miflash aiuto così ho saltato il fosso e capito. Qui va.

PRIMA NOTA BENE: SOLO da usare se non hanno accesso ai RECUPERO ED USO A PROPRIO RISCHIO. HO apparire questo modo due volte e ha funzionato bene.

Per prima cosa è necessario:
1. strumento Miflash da qui http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone2.11.6.exe
2. Un pacchetto Mi2 Fastboot da qui Download del pacchetto Miflash che si desidera. (Thread è in cinese, ma google translate è il tuo amico qui. Basta fare in modo di ottenere il pacchetto Mi2 / Mi2s)

Quindi, una volta che hai quei 2 pacchetti li estraggono al computer (alla radice dell'unità C o in un percorso di una cartella che non contiene spazi) e avviare lo strumento Miflash permettendo di installare i driver. Dopo che è aperto è possibile navigare al percorso in cui è stato estratto il pacchetto fastboot .exe scaricato.

Prima di tutto è necessario modificare il nome dello script fastboot lo strumento utilizzerà. Le opzioni disponibili sono:

1.flash_all_wipe.bat:
cancella tutti i dati della memorizzazione incorporato, cancellare tutti i dati utente, fate attenzione!

2.flash_all_except_storage.bat:
cancellerà tutti i dati utente non cancella i dati di memorizzazione incorporato.

3.flash_all_except_data_storage.bat:
non cancella i dati di memorizzazione incorporato non i dati degli utenti non è chiaro

Lo consiglio con il flash_all_except_storage.bat dal momento che questo asciugherà e flash tutto, ma la sdcard virtuale.

per impostare la stampa di script la piccola freccia accanto al pulsante Sfoglia e fare clic su Avanzate
View attachment 5045

You saved my day... Took a lot of work!
Just need to get everyting installed again, but most important: photos are still there.
Tnx again guys

Hello,
I am trying to flash my Mi2s but Miflash will not recognize my phone.

I use Win8 and when connecting the phone via usb I have access to the files in Windows explorer, but still Miflash will not show my phone when I refresh.

Ideas?

Hello. It has as access the fastoboot in V6 rom?
Power + volume down
:0)

Last edited:
Have to say that this guide is the savior for my move from MIUI v5 to MIUI v6. Followed the instructions closely and upgraded successfully.

Can you still boot into one of your systems?

If so you can flash recovery using rashr-app from Google play

No it won't boot. The phone only jumps to the fastboot screen, even when I've pulled out the battery.