[GUIDE][haydn] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro

But there is a twrp for Xiaomi mi 11i / Redmi K40 Pro located here:
Can i use this twrp recovery to flash fastboot roms for haydn?
Or do I have to flash via fastboot?

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk
There is no recovery ROM at the moment since there is no official TWRP build for haydn. Only fastboot is supported and that is a bit wonky / dangerous, so the only thing you can use this TWRP for is pretty much rooting your phone or making backups. I would also recommend sticking to the stable releases of fastboot ROMs. Already soft-bricked my phone with weeklies a few times.
One reason why my Redmi K40 Pro+ has not been used as a daily driver since like May, although I just recently updated to the September stable.

Reactions: damia
But there is a twrp for Xiaomi mi 11i / Redmi K40 Pro located here
This TWRP is not stable enough to install Xiaomi.eu ROMs, that's why there are no "recovery" ROMs for haydn (yet). ;)

And of course you can't install "fastboot" ROMs in recovery mode... ^^

There is no recovery ROM at the moment since there is no official TWRP build for haydn.
No need for an "Official" TWRP, any 100% working custom recovery is enough for Xiaomi.eu to build "recovery" ROMs. ;)

Reactions: damia and Lim-Dul
But the twrp release date for haydn is June 3rd on xda. Almost 4 months have passed and a stable version has not yet been released. Is it possible that no developer is working on twrp for haydn?
I propose to organize a fundraiser to donate to an interested developer to entice him to release a 100% working version of twrp for this terminal.

This TWRP is not stable enough to install Xiaomi.eu ROMs, that's why there are no "recovery" ROMs for haydn (yet). ;)

And of course you can't install "fastboot" ROMs in recovery mode... ^^

No need for an "Official" TWRP, any 100% working custom recovery is enough for Xiaomi.eu to build "recovery" ROMs. ;)
Can I make updates without losing data via Fastboot? Also can I also install magisk via fastboot?

Can I make updates without losing data via Fastboot? Also can I also install magisk via fastboot?

Yes, you can use the script for updating without wiping data (there are two scripts in each fastboot release, one is called XXXXX_fastboot_update_rom.XXX, the other one wipes the data partition, so I move/delete it in the directory to not make a mistake) and there is some complicated way of rooting with the standard recovery. I think someone on XDA Dev linked to it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Poney70 and damia
Hi, I got a new K40 pro with China (12.5.5 stable) on it. Now I want to change to xiaomi.eu stable.

Following the first post in this thread it seems that I have to first change to an old version of xiaomi.eu (21.3.17...) with format data, and then update to the newest version of xiaomi.eu (12.5.5.0)?

Is it really necessary to first update to that old version (21.3.17...) or is it just the newest one that was available when this thread was started - but today I can directly go to the newest version with format data?

Hi, I got a new K40 pro with China (12.5.5 stable) on it. Now I want to change to xiaomi.eu stable.

Following the first post in this thread it seems that I have to first change to an old version of xiaomi.eu (21.3.17...) with format data, and then update to the newest version of xiaomi.eu (12.5.5.0)?

Is it really necessary to first update to that old version (21.3.17...) or is it just the newest one that was available when this thread was started - but today I can directly go to the newest version with format data?
there's no need

Reactions: Poney70
I am getting a frequent reboot even though I have flashed stable rom or eu rom- My stupid device is Mi 11x Pro (India Variant). Please give me some suggestions looks like a hardware issue, I bought the phone in Aug and the first issue started in the month of Sep. I moved to Germany and there is no service center support is available, especially Germany service center informed that they will not consider the Indian Variant of Mi 11x pro.

I am getting a frequent reboot even though I have flashed stable rom or eu rom- My stupid device is Mi 11x Pro (India Variant). Please give me some suggestions looks like a hardware issue, I bought the phone in Aug and the first issue started in the month of Sep. I moved to Germany and there is no service center support is available, especially Germany service center informed that they will not consider the Indian Variant of Mi 11x pro.
look at here

[f2fs_init_sit_area: 556] Filling sit area at offset 0x00600000
C:\k40\platform-tools-windows/make_f2fs failed: 3221225477
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

Please help, now stuck in fastboot mode.
Format data by flashing the official chinese rom and then again the xiaomi.eu

Hi all, as there is no more fastboot version since today - is there an official/working twrp now?

Thank you, this worked fine on a new K40pro without any user data.

I have got another K40pro that is already on xiaomi.eu (last fastboot version 13.0.8.0). I would like to change this one to TWRP as well and then install V13.0.10.0 (recovery). Is there any way to do this (change from fastboot version to recovery version) without losing user data? I ask because doing twrp-installation you should "format data"...?

There are two tools. One is for series 11 and the other is for series 12. You have it written there.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-02 114431.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-12-02 114431.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 85