[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

EU rom 11.09 has not any volume setting issue both bluetooth and 3.5 output.
Volume is lower than it was on my MI9T by some 4/5db. Not critical.
Strange. On my daughter's phone the volume controls are as expected. But with my 9s with eu rom the volume steps are just blown out too high, maxed actually, at even 3rd and 4th step.

Ill try clearing cache might work.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

Few days ago I got a notification that there is an update available. Also named "11.0.9.0", but different size than the version from end of June.
I have flashed it and noticed that "Clean Master" is inbuilt. As far as I remember that wasn't the case in the previous 11.0.9.0 version, and I wonder WHY this app is inbuilt again? Have read that this is one app that was deleted by Google from playstore, and also Xiaomi said that:they won't include that app any longer, so why hasn't this app been removed from the Xiaomi.eu ROM?

EDIT: Today I got the 11.0.10.0, and this cleaner app is still integrated?
Is there a way to disable or deinstall this app by my own?

Last edited:
Hello, I am new to xiaomi, I have a redmi 9s, I have some questions:
I installed the last version 11.0.9.0.QJWMIXM (stable) but the app comes out that I have an update available, something strange since no details appear.
-I use youtube vanced, when patching the verification of signatures by LuckyPatcher will I have any bootloop?
- I have root (magisk 20.4) I did not understand very well that it disables the root file browser (I use the ex kernel manager a lot)

Thanks for your help. have a nice day.

Hello, I am new to xiaomi, I have a redmi 9s, I have some questions:
I installed the last version 11.0.9.0.QJWMIXM (stable) but the app comes out that I have an update available, something strange since no details appear.
-I use youtube vanced, when patching the verification of signatures by LuckyPatcher will I have any bootloop?
- I have root (magisk 20.4) I did not understand very well that it disables the root file browser (I use the ex kernel manager a lot)

Thanks for your help. have a nice day.
You get notice for 11.10 update.
You don't mention if you are stock or EU rom...

Last edited:
I noticed that when I call a number, which is actually a phone central (like GSM operator, Taxi), the sound in earpiece is too loud. The volume is set to minimum level. I can hear it when I am away from the phone. It looks like phone is on speaker, but it is not. When i turn the speaker on, it becomes louder. Did someone experienced such an issue? Is there a way I can lower the earpiece volume?

P.S. Using latest xiaomi.eu 11.0.10

P.S.2. Normal calls are almost the same. I have to volume up to max, then volume down to min, and sound volume is ok then for this call.

Last edited:
So why do the instructions in the first post only reference the install ZIP for curtana even though the post says Note 9 Pro and Note 9 S?
The windows installer script explicitly checks for curtana...
And the Note 9 Pro is joyeuse.

cheers
afx
Because at the OP Date, first page, it was only one existing phone:
- RN9Pro for India and RN9S for other country.
This model has 48 M Camera and is called Curtana.
Then Xiaomi upgraded it to 64M camera and NFC for global market keeping the Pro name.This is Joyeuse.
They have created huge confusion and little mess and now it is difficult for some people to understand and agree.

Newest version seems to be 11.0.10 for RN9S. Does it still have root bug?
What happens when I forget to disable root for file explorer - is all my data lost and I have to flash the ROM again? Can I still access via TWRP? Is the SD card save?

Can any one give me some clue about how to install TWRP on this device?
Thanks!

Hi,

Dumb question, I'm on the latest stock global 11.0.10.0 for the 9S(Curtana) currently awaiting for my bootloader to be unlocked however I'm concerned about this anti-rollback protection I've been reading, as I see we have to flash eu 11.0.7 via fastboot first which means downgrading MIUI, will this trigger such protection? I'm afraid of bricking my device.

Hi,

Dumb question, I'm on the latest stock global 11.0.10.0 for the 9S(Curtana) currently awaiting for my bootloader to be unlocked however I'm concerned about this anti-rollback protection I've been reading, as I see we have to flash eu 11.0.7 via fastboot first which means downgrading MIUI, will this trigger such protection? I'm afraid of bricking my device.
NO!
Forget ARB with EU rom.
Be prepared to install latest EU rom 11.10 via TWRP. No more fastboot version supply since 11.07 release...
get set.

NO!
Forget ARB with EU rom.
Be prepared to install latest EU rom 11.10 via TWRP. No more fastboot version supply since 11.07 release...
get set.
So that means I can just flash latest EU rom 11.10 via TWRP straight away without going thru the fastboot image? Sweet.

Yes, yes, but you must format data if coming from stock rom. Got it clear?
How do I format data? where can I read more about everything, I'm a bit confused since i just bought a xiaomi phone and i want to change its ROM but im not sure which proccedure should I use

Hi peeps. I have a fresh RN9Pro with criplig google phone app and other bloatware. Reading this thread so far i'm considering to wait until we have separate ROMs for N9, N9S and N9 Pro. Also read that the "cleaner" is returned in this ROM...

How do I format data? where can I read more about everything, I'm a bit confused since i just bought a xiaomi phone and i want to change its ROM but im not sure which proccedure should I use
You do it in TWRP.

There is no collective information about this. The thing is you will need to research on your own to know whats this and that. If you have 0 to none knowledge about "changing rom" i would highly suggest to go over several threads here, even different models of phones, on xda too and do a an extensive backreading, you can also join telegram groups and lurk in there while learning from the community. Lastly, you can always ask

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Hi peeps. I have a fresh RN9Pro with criplig google phone app and other bloatware. Reading this thread so far i'm considering to wait until we have separate ROMs for N9, N9S and N9 Pro. Also read that the "cleaner" is returned in this ROM...
Isn't that the ROM for rn9s and rn9pro have been separated since day 1 ? What is not separated is just the names given to "Redmi note 9 pro". Ignore the names, look at the device code name, curtana for rn9s and joyeuse for rn9pro.

Reactions: Jagindas73
Reactions: Satamototo