[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12/12S series

- The weekly version is a developer version and contains the latest features (bugs may occur)
(updates come out every weekend but you don't have to use them)
- The Stable version should be "Stable" but there may also be bugs (some features from the Weekly version may not be included)
(updates are released irregularly, usually at intervals of approx. 60-90 days)
- Xiaomi.eu ROM does not contain root rights.
But if i need root, i should install rom through TWRP?

Hello guys. New to the forum so my apologises if i am posting to the wrong place.
I have a Xiaomi 12S Pro with Xiaomi.Eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_OS1.0.3.0.ULECNXM_os1-14) stable HuperOS1.0 rom and twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-unicorn-skkk.

Rom is perfect, big hats off to the whole dev team for this just to report an intermittent issue when i reboot the device to TWRP.
So most of the time i reboot to TWRP when asked to type my pin then typing becomes laggy (it takes 10 seconds or more for each digit to be populated) and when done before entering TWRP menu i have the following errors presented:

1709647630698.png

After that any action done in TWRP (flashing img, zip files) keeps being laggy as earlier but all operations complete fine and have no problems when rebooting to system. As said this happens most of the times rebooting to TWRP. However, there are far less times when i reboot to TWRP and it works nice and fluid with no error after the login screen. I tried to find a fix here in the forum but unfortunately search didn't provide me with something handy although i guess i am not the only one facing this and the answer should be somewhere in the forum but wasn't able to find it.

I would appreciate if someone can shed some light here and post a fix as i am concerned if i perform a rom OTA update or fulll dirty update my phone to end up in an unbootable state.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: tassos_chry
Hello guys. New to the forum so my apologises if i am posting to the wrong place.
I have a Xiaomi 12S Pro with Xiaomi.Eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_OS1.0.3.0.ULECNXM_os1-14) stable HuperOS1.0 rom and twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-unicorn-skkk.

Rom is perfect, big hats off to the whole dev team for this just to report an intermittent issue when i reboot the device to TWRP.
So most of the time i reboot to TWRP when asked to type my pin then typing becomes laggy (it takes 10 seconds or more for each digit to be populated) and when done before entering TWRP menu i have the following errors presented:

View attachment 51694

After that any action done in TWRP (flashing img, zip files) keeps being laggy as earlier but all operations complete fine and have no problems when rebooting to system. As said this happens most of the times rebooting to TWRP. However, there are far less times when i reboot to TWRP and it works nice and fluid with no error after the login screen. I tried to find a fix here in the forum but unfortunately search didn't provide me with something handy although i guess i am not the only one facing this and the answer should be somewhere in the forum but wasn't able to find it.

I would appreciate if someone can shed some light here and post a fix as i am concerned if i perform a rom OTA update or fulll dirty update my phone to end up in an unbootable state.

Thank you in advance.
Hello, just registered to report same issue. Same device, same xiaomi.eu version and exactly the same issue with the A14 TWRP img located here https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/unicorn/

Some times recovery works well with no lags or freezes, but the majority of the times TWRP lags a lot, like having input delay of 3-4 seconds between the button presses and the response on the screen. Have tried flashing A13 TWRP with xiaomi.eu 1.0.3.0 but data decryption doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Xiaomi EU doesn't create twrp for the phones, so you need to report it to whoever complied that version. Have you checked for a slightly older A14 version?
Have tried Here 3.70_12 A14 version might help. Found this on a Google search and checked for pre 3.71 versions.
No guarantee but always worth trying slightly older A14 versions.

Xiaomi EU doesn't create twrp for the phones, so you need to report it to whoever complied that version. Have you checked for a slightly older A14 version?
Have tried Here 3.70_12 A14 version might help. Found this on a Google search and checked for pre 3.71 versions.
No guarantee but always worth trying slightly older A14 versions.
Hello, thank you for your reply. However for the link you posted, the 3.7.0_12 img is for A13 not for A14. I have already tried it but TWRP doesn't decrypt internal storage. Are you refering maybe to a different link, can you share?
I wasn't able to find an older version of TWRP. Is there any support for TWRP by skkk, i wasn't able to find anything on XDA or other internet sources. Is there maybe a Telegram group? If someone knows please share.

Download > extract > and install this TWRP: [REC]3.7.0_12-Mi12SPro_v8.2_A14-unicorn-skkk_faa22587.zip
Thanks mate for the link. Just flashed the 3.7.0 twrp [REC]3.7.0_12-Mi12SPro_v8.2_A14-unicorn-skkk.img but still TWRP shows the exact same behavior as posted earlier (laggy response to every action) and the "Failed to unmount '/vendor' (Device or resource busy)" after the login pin submit.

Does anybody has some info if and where this TWRP is supported? , pls post.

Hello, thank you for your reply. However for the link you posted, the 3.7.0_12 img is for A13 not for A14. I have already tried it but TWRP doesn't decrypt internal storage. Are you refering maybe to a different link, can you share?
I wasn't able to find an older version of TWRP. Is there any support for TWRP by skkk, i wasn't able to find anything on XDA or other internet sources. Is there maybe a Telegram group? If someone knows please share.
Sorry, I have no more help other than the post above. One last thing to try is revert to stock recovery and boot. Reboot to fastboot and put the twrp back on and see. I really have no other idea if this does not work untill a new release.

Sorry, I have no more help other than the post above. One last thing to try is revert to stock recovery and boot. Reboot to fastboot and put the twrp back on and see. I really have no other idea if this does not work untill a new release.
No problem mate, already appreciate your help. Btw, do you happen to have the stock recovery img for A14 to test it. Kindly share, thanks

View attachment 51694

Thank you in advance.
Hello guys i managed to resolve the above issue with flashing the [REC]3.7.0_12-Mi12SPro_v8.1_A14-unicorn-skkk.img file from the link bellow:

https://www.123pan.com/s/qHhDVv-nuQJv

Just download the [REC]3.7.0_12-Mi12SPro_v8.1_A14-unicorn-skkk_8765750b.zip file from TWRP\A14\v8.1_A14 path, unzip it and flash it either via fastboot or TWRP.

Reactions: Mark F
On my Xiaomi 12S Pro i have observed that with xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_OS1.0.3.0.ULECNXM_os1-14 full screen navigation bottom swipe up gestures are not working as expected.
In details, when you fast swiping up most of the times gesture works fine but randomly it doesn't work and you have to swipe up couple of times to return to home.
Same thing happens with slow swipe up from bottom. Most of the times it works fine but randomly it doesn't work and instead of the multitasker to be poped up either is doing nothing or pulls up the drawer. You need to keep persisting swiping up in order to work again and then it starts working again fine.
These two buggy behaviors happen all the time at random and its really annoying especially if you love the full screen navigation gestures in stead of nav buttons.

Nav buttons navigation work fine all the time. Also Xiaomi rom doesn't allow 3d party launchers to use the native full screen navigation gestures only nav buttons. I tried this with lawnchair2 and when is set as default launcher full screen navigation switches to button navigation. Tried a 3d party full navigation app to work instead of Xiaomi's native full navigation control but the app worked even worse so uninstalled it.

I am sure that this is not related to the phone's screen touch sensor because when full screen navigation bottom swipe gestures work, gestures work nice and fluid wherever i swipe up in the bottom side of the screen. It is just a software glitch of the native full screen navigation function.

Do you guys have noticed it as well? Is there a fix to the newer DEV rom builds or a fix with a solid 3d party app? Please share your experience on that. I know for many people including me having full screen navigation gestures not to work as expected is a huge deal breaker.

Edit
To mods. My appologies, i made the above post to a wrong section but i am not sure where it would be the best thread to post it. Could you please move it to the appropriate section as i cannot delete it and re-post it.

Last edited: