[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

reez1987

Members
Jul 17, 2021
I suggest official to recover the phone stock... Than do what you like.

Inviato dal mio M2011K2G utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I managed to install official china ROM V12.5.10.0.RKACNXM. In the MiFlash, I use 'clean and lock' instead of 'clean'. Phone is running and all by grace of Almighty! Now I want to get EU ROM.
First I have to unlock bootloader again, I am guessing.

1.Then what do I do? Don't want a repeat. Which TWRP is the correct one for the Mi 11 pro? After installing TWRP, I have to FORMAT DATA?

2. After TWRP and data format. What do I do? Copy ROM to phone whilst it is connected?

3. Then flash Xiaomi EU ROM?

4. No need to one key inject?

Thanks everyone here!

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
Hi,

I managed to install official china ROM V12.5.10.0.RKACNXM. In the MiFlash, I use 'clean and lock' instead of 'clean'. Phone is running and all by grace of Almighty! Now I want to get EU ROM.
First I have to unlock bootloader again, I am guessing.

1.Then what do I do? Don't want a repeat. Which TWRP is the correct one for the Mi 11 pro? After installing TWRP, I have to FORMAT DATA?

2. After TWRP and data format. What do I do? Copy ROM to phone whilst it is connected?

3. Then flash Xiaomi EU ROM?

4. No need to one key inject?

Thanks everyone here!
Unfortunately, you locked your bootloader and you will be unable to flash anything until you unlock it again. Clean and Lock relocks the bootloader! That doesn't allow for anything to be flashed. You will need to use the MiUnlock tool and re login with your Mi account and re-unlock your bootloader in order to flash any rom. Just out of curiosity, what did you think <clean and lock> meant?

Reactions: reez1987

reez1987

Members
Jul 17, 2021
Unfortunately, you locked your bootloader and you will be unable to flash anything until you unlock it again. Clean and Lock relocks the bootloader! That doesn't allow for anything to be flashed. You will need to use the MiUnlock tool and re login with your Mi account and re-unlock your bootloader in order to flash any rom. Just out of curiosity, what did you think <clean and lock> meant?

like I said, I think I did it by mistake, not intentional. I am happy to wait for the unlock period. What do I need to do once the bootloader is unlocked? Which twrp and what steps please?

Thanks

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
like I said, I think I did it by mistake, not intentional. I am happy to wait for the unlock period. What do I need to do once the bootloader is unlocked? Which twrp and what steps please?

Thanks
Ok, once you unlock, download TWRP for your device. Use the link withe the rom, here on this site, https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=318170. Re-boot your device to fastboot and make sure to copy the TWRP.img file into your ADB folder on your PC. Make sure you have downloaded ADB tools and installed them on your PC first. Once this is all done, connect you phone, now in fastboot mode, via a USB cable to your PC. Now at the prompt in a Command window, navigate to your ADB folder and type <ADB DEVICES>. You should get a return showing your device is connected. If it shows that it is connected simply type <FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG> let it do its thing. do not be impatient amd unplug it. It will boot into TWRP. Once in TWRP, select the wipe tab in the upper right hand potion of your screen. Then select the format data tab. A blank line will appear. On that line type in <YES>. Once the drive has been formated, reboot into fastboot. Run the <fastboot boot TWRP.img> command again. Once TWRP boots up, you should be able to see you phone and its storage on your PC. Copy the rom's zip file onto your device's storage (sd card). then proceed to the INSTALL button in the upper left portion of your screen of your device and select the zip file and swipe to continue with flash. Once completed with flash, disconnect from your PC and allow the system to reboot. This will take upwards of 10 minutes the first time, so be patient!

Reactions: reez1987

reez1987

Members
Jul 17, 2021
Ok, once you unlock, download TWRP for your device. Use the link withe the rom, here on this site, https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=318170. Re-boot your device to fastboot and make sure to copy the TWRP.img file into your ADB folder on your PC. Make sure you have downloaded ADB tools and installed them on your PC first. Once this is all done, connect you phone, now in fastboot mode, via a USB cable to your PC. Now at the prompt in a Command window, navigate to your ADB folder and type <ADB DEVICES>. You should get a return showing your device is connected. If it shows that it is connected simply type <FASTBOOT BOOT TWRP.IMG> let it do its thing. do not be impatient amd unplug it. It will boot into TWRP. Once in TWRP, select the wipe tab in the upper right hand potion of your screen. Then select the format data tab. A blank line will appear. On that line type in <YES>. Once the drive has been formated, reboot into fastboot. Run the <fastboot boot TWRP.img> command again. Once TWRP boots up, you should be able to see you phone and its storage on your PC. Copy the rom's zip file onto your device's storage (sd card). then proceed to the INSTALL button in the upper left portion of your screen of your device and select the zip file and swipe to continue with flash. Once completed with flash, disconnect from your PC and allow the system to reboot. This will take upwards of 10 minutes the first time, so be patient!

Thank you. I shall give this a try. Will wait for bootloader to unlock. Much appreciated.

reez1987

Members
Jul 17, 2021

Hi. Thanks. I have managed to install xiaomi.eu ROM using your advice!

Reactions: Jimnasium

velqn

Members
Apr 3, 2019
Guys,

is there an updated TWRP since
mi-11-twrp3.5.1-recovery-v21.5.10_decrypted.img?

smeroni68

Members
Jun 21, 2021
Use the TWRP version shared by xiaomi.eu. Because it has been tested by xiaomi.eu and runs well on the rom version released by xiaomi.eu
Link: TWRP Recovery TWRP
May I ask a link on how to manage this xiaomi.eu version of twrp? Just to be sure to follow the right path... I'm not planning to use their rom, that's why i need info on how to install alone this version. Many thanks.

hoangsang

Members
Aug 12, 2016
Unfortunately this explain on how to use official twrp recovery (is a generic procedure i know perfectly)... I like to be sure with the shared unofficial how to procede.

So you can find the official twrp at twrp.me website. If there isn't a version for your phone yet, you can wait

smeroni68

Members
Jun 21, 2021
So you can find the official twrp at twrp.me website. If there isn't a version for your phone yet, you can wait
If an official version is available on twrp site... I wasn't here asking about unofficial versions for Mi 11 5G... Isn't it? So nothing available on how to install xiaomi.eu twrp version... Will search around. Thanks anyway.

hoangsang

Members
Aug 12, 2016
If an official version is available on twrp site... I wasn't here asking about unofficial versions for Mi 11 5G... Isn't it? So nothing available on how to install xiaomi.eu twrp version... Will search around. Thanks anyway.

Right at the first post of this topic, I already showed you how to install twrp. Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant

Chrisvuong

Members
Nov 19, 2010
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.

Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

i did, but it keeps saying that remote write failed: no space left on device (i do not have any SdCard with my phone) instead, i tried: adb push "rom name.zip" /data, and it worked! the rom has been copied to my phone without any errors!

Reactions: hoangsang

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
i did, but it keeps saying that remote write failed: no space left on device (i do not have any SdCard with my phone) instead, i tried: adb push "rom name.zip" /data, and it worked! the rom has been copied to my phone without any errors!
This is all you need to do. Copy TWRP.img to your ADB folder on your PC. Boot your phone into fastboot, using the ADB command <fastboot boot TWRP.img>. Then format your sd card/internal storage. When complete, re-boot to fastboot. Run the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img> again. When TWRP is booted up and you are in the program and it is still connected via USB, copy your Xiaomi.eu rom zip file on you PC to your internal storage phone. Your device should be visible in Windows. Select <INSTALL> and flash the Xiaomi.eu rom and it will install TWRP permanently as it installs the rom.

Chrisvuong

Members
Nov 19, 2010
well thanks for the tip..but i did exactly what you said and my phone stays encrypted, no way to pass the screen pattern to decrypt it except ignore the pattern...that's why i try not to reboot anything after formatting data.

smeroni68

Members
Jun 21, 2021
well thanks for the tip..but i did exactly what you said and my phone stays encrypted, no way to pass the screen pattern to decrypt it except ignore the pattern...that's why i try not to reboot anything after formatting data.
If you want to format the internal sd (erasing all the contents), you don't need to decript, because finally you will format completely. Cancel the screen pattern and do the format. After reboot to fastboot and new "fastboot boot twrp.img", the phone will be clean and decripted. That's all.

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
If your phone stays encrypted for TWRP, that doesn't mean the the data in the OS will be encrypted and it will boot. However, to update an OTA, the workaround is to copy the rom via OTG to your <media/0> folder and flash. Here is the video on that process.

If you want to start a fresh Download a Xiaomi.eu fastboot rom from 21.5.13 or before. Installing this rom will format your sd card. Follow the installation process on this website. then afterwards, install TWRP using the procedure described to you in a previous post and flash a current upgrade.

Mehdi624624

Members
Jul 25, 2021
Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked and Install Xiaomi USB drivers

New update:

Instructions to install Xiaomi.EU rom for Mi11/Pro/Ultra via TWRP

1. Download minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup and install. Note to install it straight into the C drive. At this time, there will be a Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C drive
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMeXu_DLkF1WlvRo__qy8ZNmm2WAmR3v/view?usp=drivesdk

Or shortened link: https://bit.ly/3oIeg1p

2. Download the TWRP file for Mi11/Pro/Ultra.
TWRP for MI11 venus
TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star
(Or check here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318170 )
3. Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img, copy the TWRP file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in drive C.
4. Download the Xiaomi.EU rom for your phone (find it yourself on the web). After downloading, copy the rom to the phone (should be in the root directory for easy finding later).
5. Put the phone into Fastboot mode (Power key + volume down key).
Run the file: "C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\cmd-here.exe"
Type the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
Tip => Use the TAB key to complete filenames in command prompt windows
Wait for the installation, the phone will automatically run into TWRP
6. On TWRP, Change the language of TWRP to English, by clicking the right button on TWRP and select English.. then OK.
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard
Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C

8. Install TWRP recovery to phone by: Select "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP". (wait for the device to install). Next time you want to enter TWRP, just press the power key + volume up (volume up). [Option]

9. Install the rom by on TWRP, select Install -> find the rom file mentioned in section 4.
10. After the installation is complete, wait for the device to restart (it takes about 5 minutes).
Update: TWRP currently does not support the "update-package" command. So after updating you still have to manually select the downloaded zip file to install. So having TWRP saves the need for a computer, but it's not available for OTA yet
(The device will not lose data if you are using XiaomiEU rom with the same version (stable -> stable, dev->dev))

Credit: miuiturkiye.net -> Big thanks to miuiturkiye.net
Installing Twrp Recovery
1. Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked.
2. Install Xiaomi USB drivers
3. Enable Usb debugging from Settings - Additional settings - developer options.
4. Download the TWRP installer and extract it from the rar file.
5. Download the TWRP file, extract it from rar and copy it to C directory (password: xiaomivn )
6. Double click the file "残 芯 专用 TWRPRecovery 刷 入 工具 Win 版 V2.0" in twrp-installation-araci.rar (password: xiaomivn )
7. From the section where it says Select TWRP file marked with number 1, select Show TWRP file you moved in C.
8. Turn off your phone and put it into fastboot mode by holding down the volume down and power keys.
9. Connect your phone in fastboot mode to your computer.
10. Click on the upload button marked with the number 2.
11. Your phone will boot into TWRP.
------------------------------
This loaded TWRP is a one-time install. So after exiting TWRP, it will return to the original recovery. To make TWRP permanent, change the language to English from the language selection, you can use the TWRP /Advanced /Onekey Inject TWRP option.
Features :
- ADB Sideload is running
- Data decryption works
- Debug is running
Zip password: xiaomivn
TWRP Upload tool: https://www.fshare.vn/file/YCGZDJBPC913
Mi 11 TWRP 3.5.1 Download: https://www.fshare.vn/file/WM7R2NU1A27I Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXHuuqxcjpFhEmCasl8_YY9aejt7uzDm/view?usp=sharing
Mi 11 Pro/Ultra TWRP 3.5.1 Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O5kugeQd8hAy2QSVFQSe5BGxffZQh4F0/view?usp=sharing
Thanks @deepblue2000 share link Google Drive.
Hi

is there a brick risk with this method ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
Hi

is there a brick risk with this method ?

Thanks.
There is no such thing as a brick if you can still acceess fastboot. A brick is when it won't turn on (no power), but if you can access fastboot in any way, your device is not bricked. You are using the wrong terminology.

Mehdi624624

Members
Jul 25, 2021
There is no such thing as a brick if you can still acceess fastboot. A brick is when it won't turn on (no power), but if you can access fastboot in any way, your device is not bricked. You are using the wrong terminology.
thank you, I wasn't clear enough, what i wanted to say is if there is a risk to get stuck into fastboot mode and will need to contact some guys with authorized mi account to access the EDL mode a flash my phone remotely ?

Jimnasium

Members
May 16, 2021
thank you, I wasn't clear enough, what i wanted to say is if there is a risk to get stuck into fastboot mode and will need to contact some guys with authorized mi account to access the EDL mode a flash my phone remotely ?
That's what I am trying to save you, some money! Those guy that say they have authorized Mi accounts are just flashing your phone regularly and then charging you money for it. If you can access fastboot, all you would have to do is either format your internal storage or access EDL by typing in the ADB command <fastboot oem edl> and flashing a stock rom using the MiFlash tool. If your device is accidentally locked, you just need to unlock it again using the MiUnlock tool. These guys claiming to have authorized unlock codes are scam artists!

Reactions: Mehdi624624