[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

Basically formatting process wipe all data from phone and set it to default state...
this will possible due to different memory type in your phone...general android mobile structure contain four type of memory.....
1) ROM (read only memory)....use to store your android os system..you can not write it direct....
2) RAM (Random access memory)...use to store running process data...
3) Internal Memory.....your phone storage....
4) External Memory...removable storage like memory card...

When you perform format your mobile...the process go to wipe all data from your internal memory. Wiping only removes your data from the data partion and does not touch the system partition.
1) your phone getting completely new like factory outlet.
2) all data wiped so when you install anything it will store in non-fragmented format, so you get complete performance..
3) it will delete unnecessary files which created by applications and stay after delete it.
4) it will reset all twice generate by applications, so your mobile will work more stable.
5) and bigger advantage which all people want. it will create space for you to store new data.

This step should be done anytime one is coming from one rom to another in order to clean the internal storage of any previous system info/files that may still be on your device causing conflicts in either bootup or operating the system.

I am using xiaomi11 pro, when i install twrp show wrong:

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' (196608 KB) OKAY [ 4.294s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: '(recovery_b) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

How i do fix it?

How i do fix it?

try with boot instead of flash recovery

How i do fix it?
Why are you using the wrong command? Where is written you can flash instead of boot command?

Inviato dal mio M2011K2G utilizzando Tapatalk

You need to use "fastboot boot twrp.img" because new devices don't have a "recovery" partition. ;)

If you want to have a permanent TWRP, you can go in the "Advanced" menu of TWRP => Use "Onekey inject TWRP" option or you can also simply install the latest Xiaomi.eu ROM for your device.

:)

try with boot instead of flash recovery

How i do fix it?
You DO NOT flash recovery as there isn't a recovery partition in the traditional sense. Try <fastboot boot twrp.img>, then format your internal storage if you are coming from another rom. Then reboot to fastboot again. Using the ADB command <fastboot boot twrp.img> again. Copy the rom from your PC to your phone's internal storage and flash. If you are flashing a Xioami.eu rom the TWRP Recovery will be installed so that it is persistent.

I have a problem with twrp rom install Mi 11 pro,when i was installed an update with developer or stable rom,phone not starting,reboots only twrp recovery.
Can you help me?

Last edited:
You DO NOT flash recovery as there isn't a recovery partition in the traditional sense. Try , then format your internal storage if you are coming from another rom. Then reboot to fastboot again. Using the ADB command again. Copy the rom from your PC to your phone's internal storage and flash. If you are flashing a Xioami.eu rom the TWRP Recovery will be installed so that it is persistent.
I did exactly the same on Mi 11

Mi 11

Reactions: Jimnasium
I have a problem with twrp rom install Mi 11 pro,when i was installed an update with developer or stable rom,phone not starting,reboots only twrp recovery.
Can you help me?
have you wipe dalvik & cache ?

OK,but is this operation clear my data on internal storage?
if you change from weekly to stable or vice versa you have to format the partition not only wipe. make a backup before. otherwise its not possible to encrypt the partition

You DO NOT flash recovery as there isn't a recovery partition in the traditional sense. Try <fastboot boot twrp.img>, then format your internal storage if you are coming from another rom. Then reboot to fastboot again. Using the ADB command <fastboot boot twrp.img> again. Copy the rom from your PC to your phone's internal storage and flash. If you are flashing a Xioami.eu rom the TWRP Recovery will be installed so that it is persistent.
It is much easier than that, you actually boot into twrp and flash straight the ROM, after that you format and reboot to system. Done

Reactions: 1647838042
I have Mi 11 Ultra. I managed to unlock the bootloader via the tool.

I put the phone in fastboot mode and when I type "Fastboot devices", the phone is recognised. When I type "fastboot boot twrp.img", the phone screen goes blank and then phone boots in to MIUI. I tried multiple times and still no success. I am unable to boot the phone into twrp.

Please help. I am unsure what I am doing wrong.

Recovery that I am trying to use is "Mi11Ultra(Pro)-twrp3.5.1-recovery-21.5.9-decrypted.img".

Last edited:
I have Mi 11 Ultra. I managed to unlock the bootloader via the tool.

I put the phone in fastboot mode and when I type "Fastboot devices", the phone is recognised. When I type "fastboot boot twrp.img", the phone screen goes blank and then phone boots in to MIUI. I tried multiple times and still no success. I am unable to boot the phone into twrp.

Please help. I am unsure what I am doing wrong.

Recovery that I am trying to use is "Mi11Ultra(Pro)-twrp3.5.1-recovery-21.5.9-decrypted.img".
What's your current ROM's version? You may need to update your ROM first. ;)

Simple question,did you put the twrp image into your adb folder first?
Yes. When I run "fastboot boot twrp.img", the command executes successfully. The phone reboots itself and goes directly to MIUI instead of going into TWRP.

Did you renamed the image into "twrp.img", sorry asking but I need to rule out common mistakes.

you use the windows cmd prompt right? I hope you are not using poweshell

Did you renamed the image into "twrp.img", sorry asking but I need to rule out common mistakes.

you use the windows cmd prompt right? I hope you are not using powershell
Yes. I renamed the file as twrp.img. I am using command prompt only.

Attachments

• IMG_20210905_101355.jpg
    IMG_20210905_101355.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
Last edited: