[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

I have Mi 11 Ultra. I managed to unlock the bootloader via the tool.

I put the phone in fastboot mode and when I type "Fastboot devices", the phone is recognised. When I type "fastboot boot twrp.img", the phone screen goes blank and then phone boots in to MIUI. I tried multiple times and still no success. I am unable to boot the phone into twrp.

Please help. I am unsure what I am doing wrong.

Recovery that I am trying to use is "Mi11Ultra(Pro)-twrp3.5.1-recovery-21.5.9-decrypted.img".
It sounds as though your bootloader is still locked or you have not enabled USB debugging in developer options.

Managed to resolve the issue by doing this via Linux terminal. Not sure what was going wrong when I did this using Windows.

I managed to install TWRP and I am now onboard Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Thank you all for all your suggestion/help,.

Reactions: Poney70
Reactions: archer797
here he is flashing it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And you see it's useless because this returns a FAILED message...

here he is flashing it:
Unless there has been an update that I am aware of, you can't flash TWRP. That is because there isn't a traditional recovery partition. Reason? Partition structure is the latest virtual-A/B and doesn't have recovery partition. Therefore, you need to use the command <fastboot boot twrp.img>. The install script from the Xiaomi.eu rom will automatically and permanently install TWRP onto your device.

Unless there has been an update that I am aware of, you can't flash TWRP. That is because there isn't a traditional recovery partition. Reason? Partition structure is the latest virtual-A/B and doesn't have recovery partition. Therefore, you need to use the command <fastboot boot twrp.img>. The install script from the Xiaomi.eu rom will automatically and permanently install TWRP onto your device.

Thanks for this information!

I have just purchase the Mi 11 Ultra Chinese version imported by Wonda Mobile (great shop)!

I want to install latest Xiaomi.eu ROM STABLE:

What should i do after unlocking the bootloader?
Do I follow this guide, or can I follow the guide from the video above? (this =
)
I haven't been into lightweight mod in years, so consider me pretty noob, and I have a clean Windows 10 with no Andoid software!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for this information!

I have just purchase the Mi 11 Ultra Chinese version imported by Wonda Mobile (great shop)!

I want to install latest Xiaomi.eu ROM STABLE:

What should i do after unlocking the bootloader?
Do I follow this guide, or can I follow the guide from the video above? (this =
)
I haven't been into lightweight mod in years, so consider me pretty noob, and I have a clean Windows 10 with no Andoid software!

Thanks for the help!
Follow the installation procedures posted on this website! For some reason, there are people that won't follow directions then eternally complain about things not working , they are in a bootlop, they have bricked their device, the list of problems goes on and on. Just follow the directions and you will be OK.

Reactions: JakSpoon
Follow the installation procedures posted on this website! For some reason, there are people that won't follow directions then eternally complain about things not working , they are in a bootlop, they have bricked their device, the list of problems goes on and on. Just follow the directions and you will be OK.

You're right.. for me (repeat, i'm enough noob), watch and follow a Video tutorial is more simply and "safe" than a text guide.
In my case, this is the reason (i have the visual feedback and I feel calm)! :rolleyes:

For you, witch is the best, safe and detailed text guide for noobs? eheh
Thanks again!

Reactions: Jimnasium
@Poney70
Thanks a lot!

@hoangsang thanks again, but i don't understand this passage:

"7.......
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C
8........"

I must have to copy the zip file of the Xiaomi.eu ROM into the internal memory of the phone. why copy it also in the "Fastboot" folder in C :?

Hello! I have some issues with the command "adb push rom.zip /sdcard". Everytime I try to do it, it show the process of copying, but when it reaches 100%, it tells me it failed because my phone is out of storage (even though I formated the data as said in the instructions). I can clearly see in TWRP that says that my phone has the 128 GB free of space. What can I do? I've seen video tutorials where they install the rom first and then factory reset, not the other way around. Is it safe to install first and then factory reset? I wanna stick to the instructions written here, but I'm stuck in this step. Please help!

Attachments

• screenshot_86.png
    screenshot_86.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 183
Hello! I have some issues with the command "adb push rom.zip /sdcard". Everytime I try to do it, it show the process of copying, but when it reaches 100%, it tells me it failed because my phone is out of storage (even though I formated the data as said in the instructions). I can clearly see in TWRP that says that my phone has the 128 GB free of space. What can I do? I've seen video tutorials where they install the rom first and then factory reset, not the other way around. Is it safe to install first and then factory reset? I wanna stick to the instructions written here, but I'm stuck in this step. Please help!
Hello, replace " /sdcard " in your command by " /data/ " and it should work. ;)

EDIT: Of course, the ROM file will be located in the /data folder. ^^

Reactions: redbeans92
@Poney70
Thanks a lot!

@hoangsang thanks again, but i don't understand this passage:

"7.......
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.
Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C
8........"

I must have to copy the zip file of the Xiaomi.eu ROM into the internal memory of the phone. why copy it also in the "Fastboot" folder in C :?
Just extract the TWRP.img file and copy it to your adb folder. Ater you have connected your phone via USB to your PC, open your adb folder in a command prompt and run the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img> this will boot you into TWRP. Then format your internal data. After that is complete, reboot to fastboot on your phone. Now run the <fastboot boot TWRP.img> again and copy from your PC to your phone the rom. Then flash it. TWRP will be permanently installed via the script from the rom. DONE!

Just extract the TWRP.img file and copy it to your adb folder. Ater you have connected your phone via USB to your PC, open your adb folder in a command prompt and run the command <fastboot boot TWRP.img> this will boot you into TWRP. Then format your internal data. After that is complete, reboot to fastboot on your phone. Now run the <fastboot boot TWRP.img> again and copy from your PC to your phone the rom. Then flash it. TWRP will be permanently installed via the script from the rom. DONE!

You mean the "Format Data" wipe right?

At the first boot of TWRP, if i select the ADVANCE > "Onekey Inject TWRP"... so I can avoid having to reboot the TWRP the second time right?

You mean the "Format Data" wipe right?

At the first boot of TWRP, if i select the ADVANCE > "Onekey Inject TWRP"... so I can avoid having to reboot the TWRP the second time right?
You can, there are different versions of TWRP out there. Some have the "Onekey inject TWRP" and others do not. The "Onekey inject TWRP" is a script that patches the boot.img, the other is to allow the Xiaomi.eu rom to install TWRP permanently as such a script is included in the rom and will install it when you flash it.

Reactions: JakSpoon
Why is takin so long for twrp to support android 12? Already there is a global version for miui 13 for the 11 ultra, eu was always more fast that the global option.