[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

You should review what date the article was published :D
TWRP has been officially used for Mi11 series from May 21, 2021
Please read all posts before commenting

Sure you're right. But by "official" I meant from the TWRP Page itself. And there is no Download for the Mi11

I keep running into the issue of just seeing a black screen after fastboot boot twrp.img (command executes successfully). It is the correct image so I am at a bit of a loss what to do. This is on Mi11 (venus).

I keep running into the issue of just seeing a black screen after fastboot boot twrp.img (command executes successfully). It is the correct image so I am at a bit of a loss what to do. This is on Mi11 (venus).
What's your current ROM region & version?

Try downloading twrp again. I guess the problem is with the twrp you downloaded.
Tried that already with different downloads, did not make a difference at all. It's the first time I ever had an issue like this, so I was wondering if someone else had the same problem or had an idea what could cause it.

• Sad
Reactions: hoangsang
i dont know the issue tbh but.

Mi Flash to return to CN
(https://www.xiaomiflash.com/downloads/MiFlash20181115.zip)
unzip password is xiaomiflash.com

and download and unzip the folder inside the 2 files from here: (https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.5.7.0...ACNXM_20210519.0000.00_11.0_cn_14a7f64ead.tgz)

(don't choose to Clean+Lock | Choose only Clean on the bottom right)
Flash.... and it goes into CN Version
(If you have a ERROR in then, don't worry its because it didnt locked your bootloader)

1 - Download TWRP (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586348269)
2 - Boot into TWRP via fastboot (fastboot boot twrp.img)
3 - Option Inject TWRP on Advanced
4 - Format Data (don't reboot after)
5 - Flash ROM
6 - Go make lunch until it gets ready xD

This worked for me, went back and now it decrypts.
The differences between this and what i did before was that i didnt injected anything and i rebooted after format so one of these were the problem.

thanks for guiding, i have follow your steps but there was no way i can copy new rom.zip to phone after formatting Data without restart Twrp, my PC could see connected phone but without any storage available.

thanks for guiding, i have follow your steps but there was no way i can copy new rom.zip to phone after formatting Data without restart Twrp, my PC could see connected phone but without any storage available.
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.

Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Reactions: Sage222 and Poney70
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.

Code:
adb push rom.zip /sdcard

it seems like if i decrypt my phone i won't be able to use my e-banking apps... it keeps saying that my phone do not pass security requirement.

Hello, user in help here.

I did everything step by step but something went wrong. I wanted to go from stable to beta so after running twrp I did the data format. now when i want to copy the rom file i have an error.

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb push rom.zip /sdcard
adb: error: failed to copy 'rom.zip' to '/sdcard/rom.zip': remote write failed: No space left on device
rom.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.3 MB/s (3284525472 bytes in 86.249s)

I'm still in twrp. what to do, please help

Hello, user in help here.

I did everything step by step but something went wrong. I wanted to go from stable to beta so after running twrp I did the data format. now when i want to copy the rom file i have an error.

adb: error: failed to copy 'rom.zip' to '/sdcard/rom.zip': remote write failed: No space left on device
rom.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.3 MB/s (3284525472 bytes in 86.249s)

I'm still in twrp. what to do, please help
Go in "Reboot" menu => "Recovery"
After reboot, try adb command again. ;)

Reactions: JachuV6
thanks for the answer, unfortunately the same error

rom.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.2 MB/s (3284132304 bytes in 86.412s)

UPDATE:

but I was able to transfer the file directly from the desktop using copy paste. so I'm going on :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
thanks for the answer, unfortunately the same error

rom.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.2 MB/s (3284132304 bytes in 86.412s)
Hi, try with the pc the command:

adb devices

to check if your device is online and available.

Inviato dal mio M2011K2G utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: JachuV6